Pilonidal AbcessHello, I am a 35 year old female and have had my first occurrence. On June 26th I went to emergency as I did not know what was happening. The doctor lanced, drained and packed the wound. I currently recieve home nursing for packing. I am on my 4th week and the size is reduced to 0.3 of an inch but still has drainage. I have read many of your posts and wondered if I could benefit from the remedies i.e.- silicea. I would like to heal this and hopefully never see a recurrence. I was told that it was unusual that I had one at a late age, however my job requires sitting for 10-12hrs a day and I beleive this brought it about. Any information you could provide to help finish the healing and prevention form happening again would be helpful. This is my first time consulting an alternative form of medicine. Thank you.
kattw on 2012-07-24
The following additional information is required to help you. Therefore, please do the best you can in providing a detailed and accurate data.
1. ID or Your Name:
6. Height .
9. List of your complaints
10. Since how long are you suffering from each complaint
11. Diabetic or non-Diabetic
12. Desire sweets/sour/salt
14. Tongue and Taste
15. Current Blood Pressure (without medicine and with medicine)
16. What exactly is happening?
17. How do you feel?
18. How does this affect you?
19. How does it feel like?
20. What comes to your mind?
21. One situation that had a
big effect on you?
22. How did that feel like?
23. What sensation do you experience in that situation?
24. What are you showing by that gesture of your hand (Habits or Actions)?
25. Important Question.
Current and previous remedies/medicines you are taking or took in the past?
26. Family Background
27. Educational Qualifications of the patient
28. Nature of work, what do you do for living?
29. Desires, likes and dislikes for food
30. Name of foods which increase your problem
31. Important Question.
Mind-behavior, anger, irritability, hurry,
impatient and so on.. How are you different from other persons, public speaking or not, you can describe all of the details about your behavior, love and affections.
32. Aggravation (increases-time, season,)&
33. Attached here your photographs of the affected area. (if required/optional)
34. Location of the disease
35. Side of the problem (Right or Left), (Upper or Lower part of body)
36. Color of the secretions/discharges e.g
urine, stool, sputum, Saliva etc.
For Females Only
37. When is the period during the month approx
37. When is the period during the month approx date?
Any monthly cycle issues? Regular, early, late, before problems, after problems,
pain, any other discharges?
38. Are you pregnant? If yes, please give pregnancy start date? Any current issues?
♡ nawazkhan 8 years ago
4. Common law
8. At this time humid/dry
9. 1st Pilonidal abcess, still draining and its week 4 Pain still present when sitting.
10. Since June 26th (4 wks)
11. non diabetic
13. have been dehydrated
15. blood pressure 116/78
16. Had pain in tailbone area for two weeks. didn't know what it was so went to emergency on jun 26. Diagnosed as pilonidal abcess, doctor lanced,drained and packed. Have received home nursing every couple of days to clean and repack wound. I am currently at .03 of an inch left in depth with mild drainage.
17. I feel stressed, worried, my hips back and neck are messed up and in pain from supporting myself because i cant sit normally
18. makes me irritable, tired,back/neck muscle soreness can't drive or work
20. it isn't going to go away and will come back
21. being laid up for weeks, not being able to sit and do normal daily activities, stopped going to gym
22. not good
25. I was given tylenol 3 for pain and was told to take motrin and regular tylenol. Nurse uses medicated packing and cleaning solution not sure what it is. packing is covered with oversized bandage to keep area clean.
26. caucasian, parents deceased at early age not aware of to much of family history.
27. college diplomas
28. surveillence Supervisor
29. pretty well like everything
31. reserved, quiet at times,tough on myself, not very patient sometimes, perfectionist, bottle up emotions
33. not required
34. between buttocks in the cleft area by tailbone
35.i think slightly left of center
36. yellow,brown, no sputum,clear saliva
38.irregular for about 6 yrs now, go many months without one, if I do have one it is usually brown discharge for a couple of days and thats it
kattw 8 years ago
♡ nawazkhan 8 years ago
My pain occurs only when I sit directly in the upright position. As the pressure is directly on the area. To sit normally it is a discomfort however I have returned to work this week and the prolonged sitting gets uncomfortable/irritable and I keep shifting to either of my hips or sit on my foot to relieve the pressure. By the end of the day my drive home is unbearable and am constantly shifting around.
kattw 8 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.