I have read through a posting on how to treat a sebaceous cyst. It is on the back of my neck at the hairline. I have had it for at least 7 years. At first it was very small, but slowly grew, and the last few months it seemed to get bigger quickly. Within the last two weeks it has started to hurt and drain. I am new to this so I will list my symptoms as best as I can:
-hurts worse when I am not laying down
-I am very anxious and worried about it b/c it feels so big now (maybe about the size of the cap of a soda bottle)
-I also have asthma and since the end of July my sinuses have been very clogged (this is a recurring cycle, it seems, sometimes my sinuses are fine)
In reading that forum I saw:
-Myristica 200 once every five days til it bursts
-Silicea 6c or 30c, 2 pellets 3 times a day until it drains completely
-Silicea 200c, one dose every day for 3 days after draining
-Calendula ointment externally throughout
I wanted to know if I need to use the Myristica since it is already draining. Also, would warm compresses help it to drain?
Thank you so much for any help you could give me, I really appreciate it.
[message edited by klk17 on Mon, 10 Sep 2012 14:52:06 BST]
klk17 on 2012-09-10
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 2 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 2 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
Please come back after taking Myristica with complete details.
Please copy the Questionnaire from the following thread
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis your remedy may be worked out.
♥ kadwa 7 years ago
Thank you for responding to me. I will purchase the Myristica and update.
Patient ID: Sex: Female Age: 28
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
A sebaceous cyst on the back of the neck at my hairline, it is about the diameter of a soda cap bottle, and has been draining some, it hurts if I move my head around a lot-sometimes it is itchy
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
I have asthma which is most symptomatic in winter and spring allergy season (have had some wheezing/coughing over the past few weeks-I use Primatene Mist Tablets), seasonal allergies (worse around spring), since end of July have been going through a period of sinusitis-nose is very clogged (I seem to go through periods where this is not a problem and I can breathe fine through my nose)
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Sebaceous cyst-just really worried about it, I cant go to my doctor b/c I dont have insurance any more-the last time I saw her she wanted to remove it surgically, but I didnt really want to and looked for natural remedies at that time-when I couldnt really find much I decided to just leave it alone
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
When it is hurting a lot, I cry and get scared; I worry if it is infected
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
When I first felt it was 7/8 years ago, it was just there, I think it was a little red bump, the redness went away, but it has slowly grown since then. It feels like it has grown a little faster in the past 2 weeks, and has started to hurt
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
At the end of the day, I think because moving my head aggravates it
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
I think it is aggravated mostly by moving my head around; I have only used rubbing alcohol on it and once put antibiotic ointment on it the other day, which seemed to help the pain a little bit. It felt a lot better after I got out of the shower yesterday and I havent put anything on it since then.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
No, not that I have noticed
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Generally, I prefer warm/dry weather-
The past few weeks have been pretty hot/humid and I am pretty miserable in that kind of weather
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
I think fine
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times? Yes
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
If the sun is really bright it hurts my eyes, and if someone is talking really loud or the TV is really loud it hurts my ears
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
Love my family, but they can definitely upset me/drive me crazy-not married
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
Scared of rejection, bad things happening
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
I crave salty food and chocolate-Dont feel an aversion to any food
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
Normal, mostly just underarms
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Usually fine, once a day (have had dia. The past few days, but just once a day)
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
I sleep well-on my stomach or side-I cant sleep on my back or my lower back locks up in pain for a while
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
Everyone always comments on how quiet/shy I am
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
I havent taken anything for the cyst
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
Asthma, Heart Disease, Alcoholism
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
Fair skinned, 5 feet 6 inches, 155 pounds (down from 170 in June, I recently changed the way I eat and started exercising to lose weight), medium boned
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
Please answer the following questions:
(Please give details of your past menstruation if you have attained menopause.)
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? Usually regular, I skipped one in April due to lots of stress (not sexually active so no chance of pregnancy) How long do they last? 5-6 days
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods? I feel like I get irritated more easily before and have slight cramps before it starts-The first 2 days I usually get really bad cramps and use Ibuprofen
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive? Normal
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery? Thick bright red
- Do you notice any clots in the flow? Yes
klk17 7 years ago
♥ kadwa 7 years ago
klk17 6 years ago
klk17 6 years ago
♥ kadwa 6 years ago
[message edited by klk17 on Tue, 02 Oct 2012 08:40:47 BST]
klk17 6 years ago
♥ kadwa 6 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.