Rheumatoid Arthritis AggravationHello, I have had juvenile rheumatoid arthritis for 15+ years and have recently tried homeopathy. I went to see a very reputable homeopath who has been doing it for over 30 years. I was first given the following remedies: Sulfur, Calcarea Carbonica, Rubella and Causticum. I took them for a couple days and had a couple flare ups. I then stopped for about a week and continued again. This time I was getting headaches but continued to take it anyway for 2 weeks until one day my hand got so bad I could not move it. I have stopped taking everything and my hand has gotten better but everyday It seems old symptoms keep showing up in other places. My joints seem to be getting worse and joints that were once smooth to move are cracking every time I move them. One of my finger joints also feels like it is inflamed and has been like this since the very first time I tried the remedies. Is it even possible for aggravation to last for weeks? I am worried that the remedies are making my condition worse.
I would appreciate any advice.
I have tried asking the homeopath about these things but he hardly speaks english. Do you think he knows what he is doing?
[message edited by tehGamer on Sun, 07 Oct 2012 21:00:53 BST]
tehGamer on 2012-10-07
♥ kadwa 7 years ago
tehGamer 7 years ago
Please copy the Questionnaire from the following thread
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis your remedy may be worked out.
The answers should be given in a way that we are able to understand you as a person.
♥ kadwa 7 years ago
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Pain and destruction of nearly every joint in the body (neck, fingers, wrists, elbows, shoulders, knees, hips, ankles, toes) Symmetrically effecting both sides of the body. (right side slightly worse) Articular cartilage extremely warn and loss of range of motion with some deformities. (slightly worse on right side of body)
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Indigestion with extreme heartburn after meals with bloating and ridiculous belching. Also sweat from the head very easily from just walking. Also get occasional very painful migraines which seem to affect the entire brain.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Extreme anxiety with obsessive recurring thoughts / strange rituals (OCD)
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
Extreme pain hardly able to walk because of bad hips. Pain is very sharp as a result of loss of articular cartilage. Pain when trying to stretch any joint in the body (Always present).
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
Started at age of 4 after falling from chair and busting my lip open. Next day my wrists had bumps on them and I was diagnosed with seronegative (RF-) Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. Also had a rash on chest i believe. Within days every joint in the body was inflamed and I could not walk at all.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
Much stiffer in the morning.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Nothing particular but every joint will become inflamed if I do not take my medicine. (Biologic TNF alpha blocker).
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
No I do not.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Don't think it makes a difference.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Quiet, Paranoid always over analyzing things and therefore always anxious /nervous.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
Yes, very sensitive to sunlight, always squinting and in bright lights I get these fuzzy, floating geometrical patterns floating across my vision. Also fairly sensitive to noise, cannot easily tune out noise when trying to work.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
Constant nail biting (also biting skin around nails and skin of the lips / mouth). Also a perfectionist (Everything must be in order for me to rest). Also excessive checking for example, I may check that my alarm clock is set to the correctly a dozen times.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
Good, very loving to all
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
Fear of most bugs / insects.
Recurring dreams of forgetting school assignment deadlines.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Crave sugary, sweet, salty foods. Also cheese.
Avoid bitter tasting foods.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Slightly excessive thirst especially while eating.
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Very little hunger since digestion has been acting up. (will sometimes have heartburn for 6+ hours after eating so often only eat 1 meal per day.)
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
Not that I am aware of.
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
Excessive sweating especially from head and on the slightest physical exertion. Also on neck / back.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Bowel movements slightly more than I should. Often partially formed (half solid). Sometimes with clear mucous in stool that looks like saliva.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
Deep sleep. No particular posture. usually fall asleep on side and sometimes wake on back.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
Not as outgoing. Would often rather stay home by myself than go out.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Was on several different medications, too many to list them all. Some of the main ones as a child were methotrexate and prednisone but not for too long. Have been on a biologic inflammation blocker called Enbrel (blocks TNF alpha) for over 8 years with good results but now it is not working as good and I feel many of my symptoms unrelated to joints (sweating, heartburn etc.) could be caused by this but my body would destroy itself without it.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
Many c a n c e r s (sorry I had to use this word, edit it out if you need to)(don't know all but one was pancreatic). Also one grandparent had gout.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
Short, Average weight, big round head. Medium build, very dark brown straight hair with blue eyes.
[message edited by tehGamer on Tue, 09 Oct 2012 09:06:02 BST]
[message edited by tehGamer on Tue, 09 Oct 2012 09:28:37 BST]
tehGamer 7 years ago
day 1 morning
day 1 evening
day 2 morning
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 2 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 2 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
In my opinion Conium 200 is your remedy. Calc 200 is to clear the mess created by taking calc and sulph at a time. Please report after 15 days as there is a possibility that calc 200 itself may help you.
♥ kadwa 7 years ago
[message edited by tehGamer on Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:58:44 BST]
tehGamer 7 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.