≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum

 

 

Remedy Finder:

Allergy

 

 

Posts about Allergy

Dry nose and throat allergy2Severe Cough due to Allergy18Acne; Pollen allergy11Premature ejaculation/asthma/pollen allergy1Remedy for silent reflux in baby with cows milk allergy18.5 month baby suffering from GERD/Milk Allergy3Milk Allergy9allergy2suffering from dust allergy and perfume allergy3allergy1

 

The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Seafood allergy

My 13 yr old son is allergic to all seafood except fish.

He gets swollen lips, face, and has difficulty breathing.

What can i give him?
 
  rubinabushra on 2013-04-18
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
Allergy to Shellfish is not uncommon and there is nothing, as far as I know, that can help.

You may however experiment with Nat Phos 6x dose 3 tablets taken after giving him a few shrimp to see if it helps.

Report response.
 
Joe De Livera 7 years ago
An allergic reaction to shellfish can be life threatening. It
requires a trip to the Emergency room to get a shot of
adrenaline. See an allergy Dr. to see what your son can carry
with him if he ingests anything by mistake to cause this
reaction.

I would certainly NOT experiment with eating a few shrimp
and taking Nat phos to see if it 'helps'. This is too risky.It is not
going to cure his shellfish allergy.
 
simone717 7 years ago
thank you for the replies.

i have purchased DR reckweg, remedy r83, for food allergy.......

started it yesterday.

what i dont understand is whether this remedy is a treatment to cure food allergy or is it a remedy to be taken in case of an allergy attack?

i checked on the website, and they advised me to give it to my son 3 times daily for 1 month.....
any suggestions?
 
rubinabushra 7 years ago
It is to cure food allergies. It is not for emergency
allergy attack that can end your life.

Having the reaction your son has is quite severe.
It is not like a food allergy to dairy, where you get
indigestion, or skin irritations.

If you want to experiment if it works, I would do
it next to the emergency room.
 
simone717 7 years ago
Rubina,

The proper treatment for your son, is for him to have
some Benadryl with him and to take that if he thinks
any shellfish may be in his food. The benadryl will help
to stop reactions, if you take it before you are exposed.

He should also have with him, this pen like device called
an epi-pen and some pills of prednisone.

If he has a reaction of breathing problems , tongue swelling
etc he just presses the pen against the skin and this puts
the adrenaline into the body. Then he takes a prednisone
pill.

Talk to your doctor if he is on any other medications- to
make sure they will not have a bad reaction to benadryl,
prednisone or the adrenaline.

I am in usa, and I read about once every two weeks some
kid, who somehow got a trace of something they are to
avoid, and were too far away from the hospital to save
their life.
 
simone717 7 years ago
thank you.....will do that.....
 
rubinabushra 7 years ago

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register

 

Important
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.