adhd 11 yr old girlHi, my daughter is 11 yrs old. I have been concerned about the behaviour and personality development for the past few years and finally met with a counselor yesterday who advised me that the pattern fits into the 'silent' ADHD category more common with girls. A few details about my daughter. She is an IVF baby, pregnancy was fine, cesarean delivery. She is quite distracted in class, cannot seem to focus on the lessons going on, slow in writing, untidy work and writing, does not take any pride in her work, sets no goals or challenges for herself, quite emotional these days, difficult to get her to sit down and finish any task or study, not too much empathy,
very messy and disorganized. Everything is a battle and is quite irritable these days. She does not understand time management and homework and assignments are never completed. She loves sweet things. She is good with younger children and great with her younger sister. She prefers warm weather to cold but cannot drink anything hot.
She likes animals. Have read many postings in the forum about ADHD. Would appreciate some help too so that I can enjoy my beautiful daughter and help her achieve her potential.
malmick on 2013-07-18
My daughter is quite distracted in class, cannot seem to focus on the lessons going on, slow in writing, untidy work and writing, does not take any pride in her work, sets no goals or challenges for herself, quite emotional these days, difficult to get her to sit down and finish any task or study, not too much empathy,
very messy and disorganized. Everything is a battle and is quite irritable these days. She does not understand time management and homework and assignments are never completed. Also no sense of responsibility and low personal hygiene. Cannot fall asleep easily.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
She probably feels inadequate and not up to her peers. She gets quite clingy with her teachers, probably seeking social approval.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
There is crying and whining and shouting and prevaricating. There is constant badgering if denied something she really wants.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
Her personality has been such since birth.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
Probably mornings are the calmest.Behaviour is pretty consistent throughout the day
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Being denied aggravates and attention and approval ameliorates.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
Watching TV and playing on the comp or I-pad are primary concerns. Everything else is ignored for this. Any responsibility like tasks or home are not done.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
She prefers warm weather, Will sometimes even feel cold when it is just pleasant.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Moody, Agreeable, Changeable, , Arguing, Irritating, Lazy, Distracted, Wavering mind, unconcerned, does not sustain interest in any activity.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
Never observed .
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
Nothing noticeable, just enjoys listing to music
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
Used to chew on her hair when she was 5-7 yrs old
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
I feel she lacks empathy, does not pick up social cues very easily. Despite saying that, she does display sensitivity and is great with younger kids and her sister. She has her group of friends. She does not share her feelings,emotions and daily routine too much with her parents unless prompted.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
She has had a dream of being alone in a cold place and spiders and snakes coming out a couple of times.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
She craves for ice cream, burgers , pizza's and other junk and normally does like some vegetables like egg plant and such. She does not like spicy food and cannot drink hot milk or soup. Prefers them cold. Loves milk products. Typical North Indian diet - Dal, subzi , chapatti with some non-veg.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Not regular at a fixed time everyday and constipated at times.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
She does not fall asleep easily at night. She has to lie waiting to fall asleep. Prefers to sleep on one side
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
She like animals a lot.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
Father has BP and high cholesterol. Grandparents passed away due to heart attack. Mother ,grandmother and she have respiratory issues.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
Pretty features, thick black hair, very fair, black eyes, wears glasses, age appropriate height and weight, more tomboyish than feminine in action and dressing.
In the past few years, her behavior has settled down in some aspects and aggravated in some. Which is why I finally approached a counselor since she did not out grow it and it does not show signs of improving and will probably worsen with the onset of puberty. She seems to have more of the inattentive type of ADHD more than hyperactivity. Would appreciate help and guidance.
malmick 6 years ago
Please give her a single dose of Phosphorus 30.
Please dissolve 1 drop (or 3 pellets or 1 tablet) of the remedy in 3 tablespoons water (or 6 teaspoons).
Take 1st tablespoon
Wait 15 minutes
Take 2nd tablespoon
Wait 15 minutes
Take 3rd and last tablespoon
Please update me after 1 week.
♥ Zady101 6 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.