allergy, sinus, ear pressure, asthma and excessive mucusMale 41 years old IT professional living in USA. Married for 12 years and have 2 kids.
History: started getting too many sneezes and swelling of skin around age 8. Developed asthma around age 20. Developed severely stuffy nose and polyps around age 30 and had polyps removed surgically at age 35. I get sore throat and ear infections 6-7 times an year.
My mother had similar problems during her childhood but her problems got cured with homeopathy. So I hoped that homeopathy can cure me too but even after seeing about 15 homeopaths in India and USA, I am just getting worse.
Allergy, Asthma, Sinus and Ear problems: I have asthma since age 20 though it is in control with corticosteroids. I have severe congestion and swelling in nose all the time. I take nasal corticosteroids but sinus problems are in poor control.
Every time I get flu or sore throat, I get ear infections and pressure in the right ear. While ear infections get cured with antibiotics, ear pressure does not get cured and leads to loss of hearing (right ear which is very bothersome). This resolves only with oral steroids. I JUST RECOVERED FROM AN EAR INFECTION BUT I STILL HAVE EAR PRESSURE RIGHT NOW.
Mucus: I get a lot of thick mucus in the nose - usually greenish or brownish. I do a lot of nasal rinses and steam but that does not help at all.
Mind: I have no interest in life. Very depressed and sad. Most of the day goes by frustrating about problems with my wife or fantasizing about sex. Find it very hard to concentrate on work or study. Easily get disturbed and offended. Have no friends. Low self-esteem and confidence. Look for solitude to masturbate. Usually, masturbate around 5-6 times a week. There is nothing that excites me.
Marriage: Married to someone who is only interested in her career and never had any interest in sex. My desire for sex is high. We have sex less than once a month and it is not fulfilling as she does not get into the mood. Feel like getting a divorce or run away from home and never come back.
Memory: Very forgetful and absentminded. I have poor active memory and often forget things halfway through. Find it impossible to follow schedule. I am studying and even after revising my lessons many times, I barely remember half of it. Find it difficult to remember names of people.
Eyes: very itchy and watery. My eyes get very watery when the weather is even lightly windy. Have black circles around eyes. My eyes are very sensitive to light even a small LED light from a laptop wont let me sleep.
Acne: on face and back. Have pock marks from acne on face.
Diet: I have extreme sweet tooth. I feel hungry even half an hour after meal and crave for junk food. I avoid rice, banana, okra, eggplant, milk, cheese and butter to avoid too much mucus from these foods. I get acidity and mild constipation once in a while
Fears: fear of failure, insects, sharp objects, loss of job, exams and interviews and worry a lot about my kids.
Interviews: feel very nervous at interviews and cannot answer things that I know.
Exercise and weight: exercise occasionally (try hard to make it a habit but cannot). I am overweight by about 30 pounds. Feel very lethargic and dull all the time and there is nothing that excites me.
Voice: I voice is getting very hoarse due to all the medications I take.
Sleep: find it hard to fall asleep and usually wake up in the middle of the night around 2 AM. Fall asleep again around 5 AM and then I can not wake up until 8:30 or 9 AM.
denny72 on 2013-11-10
Don't hurry, take your time to reply. I need DETAILS.
Yes/No/Normal answers are not helpful.
To know how to answer these questions please read this case to get an idea http://www.abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/402668/.
1. Your age & sex
2. Describe your appearance i.e. weight, height, body type
3. What is your main health problem & its symptoms
4. When did this main problem begin
5. Can you relate any event or events which triggered this problem
6. What makes the main problem better
7. What makes it worse
8. What other health problems do you have
9. How do you feel mentally & emotionally (weepy, irritable, restless etc.)
10. Describe your personality (stubborn, easy going, always in a hurry etc.)
11. How do you relax
12. Do you normally fight or flight
13. What animals are you afraid of
14. What situations are you afraid of (heights, closed spaces, ocean etc)
15. What occupies your mind mostly
16. How do you respond to consolation & sympathy
17. Do you want to stay alone or with people
18. How is your sleep
19. Do you have any recurring dreams
20. What type of weather do you like and how it affects your complaints
21. Do you normally feel hot or cold
22. What type of clothes you wear
23. What foods you love
24. What foods you hate
25. What taste you love (sweet, salty, sour, bitter)
26. What taste you hate
27. Do you want to eat indigestible foods (chalk, mud .)
28. How is your thirst
29. Do you have dry lips & mouth
30. Any coating on tongue first thing in the morning
31. Any taste or smell from your mouth first thing in the morning
32. How is your skin
33. Details about your sweat (perspiration)
34. Any problems with ears, nose, chest, throat
35. How is your stool & urine
36. How is your sexual life & desire
37. Males genitals (erection, pain etc.)
38. Females menses details for regularity, flow, clots, discharge other than menses (reply to all these points)
39. What illnesses are running in your family, mothers side & fathers side & brothers/sisters
40. Are you taking any medicines (allopathic or homeopathic)
41. What homeopathic remedies have you taken in the past (potency, dose, approx. time frame)
fitness 7 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.