acute renal failure / kidney problemDear Doctors, My father is suffering from acute renal failure and I need help from you all. I have filled up a questionnaire as detailed as possible which is as follows. Please help me out.
Patient ID: B K MUKHERJEE
Sex : Male
Age : 78 years
1. Describe your main suffering?
Acute Renal Problem as detected by the doctors.
USG Report shows
1) Hepato Speenomegaly,
2) Moderate Rt Side Pleural effusion,
3) Moderate Prostomegaly.
Echo Cardiograph detected
1) IHD (?LAD TERRITORY),
2) Depressed LV Systolic function with (Grade 'I') Diastolic dysfunction,
3) Mpderate MP,
4) PAH Present..
Blood Chemistry Report:
HAEMOGLOBIN : 10.2 gm%
TOTAL COUNT (WBC) : 12,900
DIFFERNTIAL COUNTS :
NEUTROPHIL : 83%
EOSINOPHIL : 01%
BASOPHIL : 00%
LYMPHOCYTE : 02%
MONOCYTES : 14%
ESR : 50 MM
UREA : 130.3 mg / dl
CREATININE : 2.6 mg / dl
SODIUM : 13.3 mMol / L
POTASSIUM : 2.73 mMol / L
PHOSPHORUS : 3.30 mg/dl
CALCIUM : 9.8 mg / dl
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Weakness, problem in urination, no stool passing for three days (three days earlier enema was applied for not stool passing for five earlier days). Now bed ridden.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
lacking mental balance sometimes.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
cant say properly since the patient is now in not such situation to describe it.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
We noticed it on 26the December 2013. Earlier there were sometimes swelling in legs and face but the patient did not complain about any complication.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
At present the condition is acute for whole day.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
It started with a bit diarrhea on 26th Dec 2013 followed by a respiratory trouble on the very next day and then Biochemistry reports showed the Acute Renal failure and so, nothing special is now to determine the betterment or worsening the situation.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
hot and dry weather. (Often avoided taking bath).
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Moody, somewhat arrogant and angry too, arguing a little, and Lazy upto certain extent.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless weeping, talking to one self etc?
Sometimes talking to ownself.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
Cant express right now since the patient is not in such condition to express. (Being a son I can only say that he was a bit loving as well as angry too).
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
Cant express right now since the patient is not in such condition to express.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Normal Bengalee diet rice, dal roti, vegetables, fish, meat, egg no aversion.. likeness for all veg and non veg foods but no greed for anything excessive.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
Less. Sweat more on body than on limbs or head.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
Lying down straight with hands on forehead.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
A commanding stature and attitude.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
For the last fifteen days medicines taken are
i) PHOSTATE 667 mg thrice daily.
ii) CARDIVAS 3.125mg twice daily.
iii) LASIX INJECTION four times daily lessened to once daily
iv) Levofloxacin infusion 750mg / 150ml twice daily
v) Tazobactum injection 2.25mg twice daily
vi) Dytor Plus (Torsemide)10mg
vii) Rabeprazole DSR
viii) Nitrocontine (Sustained realeased Nitroglycerine 2.6 mg)
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
The patient had an attack with obstructive jaundice in October 2001 and again in October 2012. There was a stone in the bile duct and in the Gall bladder also. But the Homoeopathic remedy named Thlaspi Bursa Pastoris Q 8 drops twice a day from November 2012 to 26 December 2013 removed the stones from both the bladder and duct.
The patients wife has a blockage in right ventricle and she has osteoarthritis too.
The family members have the anal diseases like pilesfissure and fistula.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance .
Physical stature : Height 6ft, weight 90 kgs, well built, dark complexion.
With thanks in advance
sibabrata on 2014-01-11
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.