Saw Palmetto causing low libidoI've seen a few posts like this on this forum, but it's uncertain what seems to help.
I'm 18 years old, and many months ago I started taking saw Palmetto to help some prostatitis issues. After a few weeks I noticed that my libido was decreasing but I didn't attribute it to the SP. I took it for a total of about 5.5 months before I stopped and now my libido is extremely low (morning erections are rare as well).
I was advised to ask for someone named Dr. Mohla. Does he, or anyone else have any insight? Anything would be appreciated. I think I jsut need to get it out of my system somehow and then help my liver/kidneys/adrenals heal.
Mattt on 2014-04-25
this is an open forum where anyone in the world can post or give
advice, you click on posters names on here to see who you are talking
to and what experience and past posts they have.
Dr. Mohla is a real Dr./homeopath who volunteers on here when he
has time- he has decades of experience and he has handled cases
similar to this. I emailed him and lets see if he has time to treat you.
♥ simone717 5 years ago
Mattt 5 years ago
Body Type: Thin
Weight: 140 lbs
General appearance: Thin but in good shape. Relatively defined muscles, never had weight issues.
Have you used homeopathic medicines before? If so what, and what homeopathic potencies did you use?
I've used arnica sporadically throughout childhood for bruises and pains
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Very low libido as a result of taking saw palmetto for several months. I almost never get morning erections and it is extremely difficult to get erections in general.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Occasional brain fog, nervousness about condition
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
I have absolutely no sex drive whatsoever and am absolutely unable to achieve an erection.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
It started a few weeks into taking saw palmetto (for prostatitis), though I didn't connect it to the SP initially
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
No specific time
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
About the same
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
I have always been very cheerful and goofy, though I tend to get stressed easily. This whole ordeal has definitely stressed me out as well
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
I love my parents and my girlfriend a lot and have good relationships with them
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
I fear normal things like spiders, and now I fear that I have messed up my body for good
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
A little more than normal
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
I have to pee a lot if I drink coffee
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
I sleep relatively well and don't have any particular issues. I always lay on my stomach
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
Quite an ironic question. I have a girlfriend but I rarely have sexual desire
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
No medications, just vitamins like vit D and B complex to help my overall health
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
None that I know of
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
Mid height, thin but well muscled
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
I had prostatitis earlier this year which caused me to take saw palmetto which led to my libido issues
Mattt 5 years ago
♥ akshaymohl 5 years ago
Im in exactly the same boat. I took saw palmetto for 21 days back in march becuase i had suffered abit of alopecia from stress however this has been far more stressful. I stopped taking end of march and its now end of july. I still have a very low libido and erections is difficult! Im 27 and feel like ive wrecked my body up...but only 21 tablets!
pageidol86 5 years ago
If you want help I suggest that you make your own thread for treatment.
I did not realize this was you- the original sp. your warning thread has helped a lot of young guys pay attention.
You never got treated on here. Seems telescope wanted to try working with you.
Up to you, to give it a go.
[message edited by simone717 on Sat, 15 Oct 2016 04:42:54 UTC]
♥ simone717 3 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.