Migrain Headache, HeadacheMigrain Headache
Definition: Headache is a nervous complaint and is characterized by various types of pain or discomfort in different parts of the head.
Etiology: Its causes are many ,and so are its modes of onset, duration, intensity, or other conditions relating to it . These causes may be classified as follows:
1. Local Causes
· Frontal sinusitis.
· Head injury leading to inflammation, or deformity of a bone (osteitis).
· Rheumatism of the muscles of the neck (cervical fibrositis) and inflammation of one or more of the 33 bones of the vertebral spinal column (spondylitis).
2. Referred Pain
· In the nose, from coryza, or growths, or septum structural defects.
· In the eye, from weak sight, iritis, or glaucoma.
· In teeth, from inflammation (Odontalgia); or in the ear.(otitis).
· From Utero-ovarian reflex.
3. Nervous Causes :
· Neuralgias produce a wide-spread pain, limited to the supraorbital region.
· Cerebral disorders, as meningitis, syphilis, growths, abscess, high and low blood pressure, etc.
4. Constitutional Causes :
· Chronic nephritis, uraemia, too high blood pressure, ploycythaemia ; severe anaemia, congestive heart failure.
· After-effects of epilepsy, hysteria and migraine.
· Sea or air-sickness, sudden reduction or depression in atmospheric pressure in air flights or sea voyage, caissons disease, hypoxaemia (diminished amount of oxygen in blood) ; gastritis ; chronic constipation; chronic hepatitis, gout; lead poisoning, acidosis and alkalosis.
· Acute fevers, as malaria, enteric fever, small-pox, scarlet fever, typhus, yellow fever, influenza, heat stroke.
General : (1) In inflammatory congestive headache, place crust of bread soaked in vinegar on the temples.
(2) Application of ice on the head is not only bad but dangerous.
Aconite. Congestive headaches, if the pain is very severe with a burning sensation over the whole head, particularly the forehead ; face red and bloated, eyes red ; when the pain is accompanied by incoherent talking or raving.
1. Belladonna. It is indicated in congestive headache, when the pain is deep-seated, is oppressive and heavy, and the face is pale and haggard with unconsciousness, incoherent talking and murmuring, with drowsiness. It is also applicable in other types of headache, the main symptoms being that the patient cannot lie down, nor can he bear light, noise, jarring or draught of air.
2. Glonoine. For throbbing and congestive headaches which come suddenly, and the blood is felt rising up into the head with severe heat and pain (a feeling of tight band across the forehead). Sun headaches > from uncovering the head. The headache is aggravated from bending the head backward and lying down.
3. Gelsemium. For congestive, catarrhal and nervous headaches; the characteristic symptom being a feeling of band around the head just above the ears. Mostly this headache accompanied with vision troubles e.g. dim sight, squinting. The Gelsemium headache is dull and dragging and is relieved by copious urination and sleep. The headache commences with blindness in the occiput or the nape of the neck, and passes over the head and settles in the eye. It is also indicated in headaches due to tobacco smoking.
♥ deoshlok on 2005-11-16
1. A person had migrines for many years. One day a tribal herbal doctor and explained about his headache.
Tribal told him to take 2 spoons of honey, first thing in the morning.
His Migrines are gone.
1. A person had severe migrines. He happened to visit Egypt. One elder told him to lay in the intense heat of sun for half hour.
He did it in Egypt desert and it was a farewell to migrines.
kuldeep last decade
I have invariably recommended the 30c potency to those suffering from chronic migraines and this has invariably worked. Dose 3 globules to be taken as early as possible when the first signs of the migraine are noticed. If the migraine is not resolved in 2 hours another dose may be taken. It is interesting to record that Bry helps to break the cycle of migraines in many sufferers.
Rest in a darkened room is also recommended.
Glonoine recommended above is the ultimate for migraines caused by exposure to strong light.
♡ Joe De Livera last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.