nux vomica actionsince last 3 months I suffer from frequent ineffectual desire for stools along with anal itching.After 1 month my homeopath told me that I have pilesand i should try another pathy.as Nux has not given action.
However when I took first dose of Nux 30C .I had stools within 15 mins.Should I really discontinue homeopathy
pardas on 2015-02-20
Kindly guide me
pardas 5 years ago
I find that an incredible thing to say.
Not responding to a remedy usually means it is the WRONG remedy - and that is a problem the prescriber has, not the patient.
I can try to prescribe a more suitable remedy for you. I will post my full questionnaire. I practice classical homoeopathy so I need a lot more information than what you have given here.
CASE PRESENTATION FOR CLASSICAL HOMOEOPATHIC PRESCRIBING
1. Try to be as descriptive as possible. When describing pains or sensations use descriptions along the lines of feels as if someone is squeezing it with their hand or it is like an insect crawling around inside or it is as if someone is standing over me threatening to kill me. Long descriptions are always better than short ones. One word answers are difficult to use successfully.
2. Another important part of symptom description for homoeopathy are the modalities. These are situations, events, activities or conditions which modify the symptom in some way. We usually refer to this as what makes them better or worse (amelioration/aggravation). The situation may actually provoke the symptom into appearing, make it vanish altogether, or just increase or decrease it in some way. Modalities are vital information for prescribing.
Modalities are typically related to (but not exclusively) the following situations:
A. Temperature, weather
B. Time (day, night, specific times, frequency, periodicity, season)
C. Position, activity
D. Emotions, thoughts
E. Food and drink
F. Drugs, medication
3. How the symptom is perceived is important too odour, appearance, sound, touch. What colour is it, what is its texture? For gestures, describe what it looks like the patient is doing, or what you feel you are doing while making the movement eg. they look like they are swatting flies or I feel like something is pushing my hand upwards or it is like I stick a fork in an electrical outlet which throws my body backwards. Description it is key to accurate prescriptions.
4. When did the symptom or set of symptoms start? The apparent cause can be useful in determining the remedy, although it is not of the same importance as the previous factors. It may have been a specific event, a disease, an accident or even an emotional experience.
5. Use your own words. Do not copy phrases or descriptions found in our various remedy pictures. Try not to use other peoples ideas or thoughts or words. If you are reporting on behalf of someone else, report their exact words, however you can also report your own observations of them (not opinions).
6. Does the symptom occur alongside another specific symptom? Do particular symptoms only occur together? Does a particular symptom occur with a particular thought or emotion? For example, a headache that always comes with visual disturbances, or stomach pain that appears alongside anger, or anxiety that makes you feel like running down the street screaming.
7. Each complaint should be described fully before going on to describe another complaint. Try not to mix different symptoms or complaints together. Each modifying feature must be clearly attached to a particular symptom/set of symptoms. Any mistake you make here is a mistake the homoeopath will also then make.
BEFORE MOVING ON TO THE NEXT SET OF QUESTIONS, DO THIS NOW FOR EACH PHYSICAL PROBLEM YOU HAVE. LOOK AT ANY POSSIBLE SYMPTOM YOU HAVE, NOT JUST THE ONE YOU ARE ASKING FOR HELP IN RESOLVING.
♡ Evocationer 5 years ago
What is the main problem you have?
How does this problem manifest in your life?
How does it stop you from living your life normally?
What obstacles are in your life?
What kind of patterns do you see occurring again and again in your life?
What can you do to make yourself feel better?
What events in your life do you feel had the most impact on you?
What sort of situations aggravate you or make your life more difficult than it should be?
What are your strongest fears? How do you deal with them?
When do you feel at your worst? Why?
When do you feel at your best? Why?
What was the worst thing that ever happened to you? What was so terrible about it?
What was the best thing that ever happened to you? What was so good about it?
What kind of life have you lead?
What do you think has prevented you from having the kind of life you should have had?
Where do most of your problems come from?
What situations or images appear most often in your dreams or nightmares?
What causes problems in your relationships?
What kind of people do you have the most problems with?
What do people like about you?
What do people dislike about you?
Were you very different as a child, as a teenager, as a young adult? How so?
♡ Evocationer 5 years ago
(Symptoms that dont fit anywhere else, but are things that tend to affect all of you as a person, but are not emotions or thoughts)
1. Sleep - what position do you tend to sleep in?
- what position can you not sleep in?
- do you do anything unusual in your sleep?
- any problems with going to sleep, staying asleep, or waking up?
2. Appetite - What foods do you crave/desire strongly?
- What foods do you hate eating (have an aversion to)?
- What foods have a negative effect on you or cause symptoms?
- What foods have a positive effect on you or seem to improve your health or symptoms in some way?
- What is the effect of hunger or fasting on you?
- What did you crave in the past?
3. Thirst - What drinks do you crave/desire strongly?
- What drinks do you hate to take (are averse to)?
- When are you most thirsty?
- When are you least thirsty?
4. Stool - Do you have any problems with your bowels or passing stool?
- What is the shape, color, odor of the stool?
5. Urine - Do you have any trouble passing or retaining urine?
- What is the color, odor of the urine?
- Do you have any sediment or debris in the urine?
6. Sweat - How do you feel about the amount of perspiration you have?
- Where do you have the most sweat?
- What is the odor?
- What color does it stain clothing?
- Does anything in particular cause you to sweat abnormally?
7. Sexuality - Any problems with your sexual desire?
- Any problems with your sexual ability or function?
- Any history of sexually transmitted diseases?
8. Menses (Women)
- How many days is your cycle?
- How many days does the flow go for?
- What is the appearance of the flow?
- What is the odor of the flow?
- What kind of stain does the flow leave?
- Any discharge before, during or after?
- Any pain before, during or after the flow?
- What symptoms come before the flow?
- What symptoms come after the flow?
9. Environment How does the weather affect you?
- How does the temperature affect you?
- How does the season affect you?
- What physical activities affect you?
- Is there anything else in the environment you are sensitive to?
10. Anything else you feel is important that hasnt been covered by previous questions?
♡ Evocationer 5 years ago
If needed i can also video chat .Pl let me know abt yr consultation fess also
pardas 5 years ago
Smarting feeling after stools in rectum and frequent desire for stools which are initially a small part hard and later liquid but insufficient.
Itching in anus especially in the night.scratching makes the pain worst.straining at stools produces small qty of bright red blood.
This latest problem according to me started after use of BP drug called olmesartan.
I have HT since 1992, according to me due to anxiety and reactionary response.I also have white coat hypertension with readings normally higher by 30 deg systolic when at docs place as compared to the home.range. My reading levels at docs place uptill now are max 190/104 min 140/90 without drugs.Whenever there is a forced attempt to bring this BP to normal levels by drugs , I have great sufferance. Anti anxiety drugs bring by BP to even 120/80.
It is the problem of maintenance dose.The problem starts when drugs are taken to maintain BP.Every type of Bp drug brings out some or other issues forcing me to quit the drug. After which the BP is in the the average range 150/94.Here also when Olmesartan brought BP down from 180/100 to 130/80 the problem started after further continuance.I am generally happy and comfortable even at 150/90.
My homeopath says that the control of HT must be achieved.
Earlier he was helping me to
maintain BP by giving adequate remedies .But since one/two years he has stopped doing so.
My physical parameters regarding health like Brain, Heart, Sugar are absolutely normal.I do exercise for about 30 mins a day and at present have no complaints in this regard.
The last ECG conducted about 6 months ago was WNL.
pathological tests were conducted before eye cataract operations 18 months ago and are normal.
Because of present stool issue i am uncomfortable and irritable.
This BP issues is heavy on my mind and because I do not take allopathic drugs makes me anxious and fearful of BP shooting during travel making me feel insecure.
Hypochondriasis is a big obstacle.
Same patterns of anxiety, referrals to Allopaths by my homeo and BP drug issue keeps on repeating generating diff issues.Like after Beta blockers I had breathing difficulties, which promptly went away after stopping them, heavy dizziness after calcium channel blockers. And so on Believe me this is going on for almost 20 years.
Docs do not agree for my being in comfort zones at above levels and drugs are almost thrust on me.
I feel that I can manage myself with exercise and meditation if these irritants do not occur.
traumas are a problem
1.After Chicken Pox at 13 in the left Eye I developed Myopia with vision 6/9 and diopters -5 with -2 cyl with vision 6/9.which lasted till my cataract and lense change last year.
I suffered a road accident at age of 16 which hampered my education performance.
A failed love affair forced me give up High profile engg career at age 21
I live in a locality where i am in communal minority.1992 communal riots though they did not affect me directly started this HT isssue.
And My fathers death last year brought this so called pilesissue.
This time also My fathers First death anniversary coincided with these happenings.
I am most disturbed with feeling of being FORSAKEN.
Presently I use Rock Rose and other Bach flowers to deal with anxiety situations .
I feel worst when alone and in unknown situations.
When I am with my family and known situations.I have e feelings that things should be manageable and within control.
I run a business as solution provider to electrical industry as I am able to use my creativity. I am happy.
My problems are from anticipatory anxiety.
I do get fearful dreams sometimes but can not remember them after sleep.
When people do not respond the way I do, i can not maintain relationships.
I can not tolerate Arrogant people.
My helpful attitude and my creativity are liked.
My superior attitude and doing what I want and not obeying are not liked.
no probably same fearful attitude, intelligence and creativity.
Sleep on Right side.[Right Shoulder Down]
Some time have prob going to sleep due to thoughts.
Food I like very light spicy food but less salt.
Aversion to stale and processed and cold foods
I can not stay hungry
Chicken was craved earlier
Alchohol is aversion .I like tea.
Thirsty In the afternoon
less thirsty in night and morning.
Stool problem stated above stool color dark yellow .Present stool less in qty.
No urine issues.
Cold weather onset aggravates
hot weather ameliorates.
Action and movement ameliorates
Emotional disturbance aggravates
Medication as explained above aggravates.
Loud noises are not tolerated. I can not stay still, fidgety behavior
I believe this should be sufficient
pardas 5 years ago
Can you obtain 30c and 200c, preferably in liquid doses.
If you have obtained pillules or pellets, you will need a small bottle and a dropper to make your own liquid dose. Mix water and alcohol into this small bottle to the ratio of 5:1. Dissolve 3 pillules/pellets into this bottle. All doses will be made from this bottle.
If you already have a liquid dose just start from step 1.
1. Hit the bottle 5 times firmly against the palm of the hand
2. Place 3 drops into 100mls of clean fresh water
3. Stir very thoroughly
4. Take 2 teaspoons out into the mouth and hold for 20 seconds, then swallow.
This is one dose and the same steps should be taken for any further doses, unless I ask you to change them in some way.
If any old symptoms reappear, or any current symptoms worsen, this is a GOOD sign in most cases. DO NOT SUPPRESS them with other kinds of medication unless you are in real danger (which is a highly unlikely reaction to a remedy).
However, if you are on regular medication it is also important that you do NOT stop taking this unless it is perfectly safe to do so. Once it is determined the medicine has acted beneficially, we can look at reducing such medication. Regular medication in this instance is NOT defined as other homoeopathic medicines which MUST be stopped. Tissue salts are the same as homoeopathic medicines and are in this category, as are Bach Flowers, Flower Essences, and Bush Flower Essences.
For 30c, take 3 doses, one dose every 2nd day (so over a period of 5 days). Let me know what has happened after 7 days.
DO NOT use 200c at this stage, until I advise it.
[message edited by Evocationer on Thu, 12 Mar 2015 01:55:35 GMT]
♡ Evocationer 5 years ago
My thanks once again to evocationer for his guidance
pardas 5 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.