my dog needs helpI Have a mix lab (her mother had an accidental mating) .Her name is Ginger .She is 9 years old and is having pain in her front left leg since few months now (almost 6 months) . Since i am at a remote place with no vets around so in the beginning i suppressed the pain with pain killer buffer 250 mg.but this pain kept on surfacing in between . this time i tried homeopathy for her treatment . last week i gave her Rhus Tox 30C Twice a week .15 DROPS DILUTION IN TEASPOON OF WATER. i seemed to work but the pain kept surfacing after 3 days .So i tried brioynia 30 c two days back .One dose same like earlier but it didnt help .So today since she was in pain i gave her Rhus Tox 30C (15 drops in a teaspoon ) in the afternoon and after 6 hrs again in the evening .But the pain seems aggravated and she is having severe pain while changing her position even ..so now at night i have given her 1 BRUFFEN 250MG And Arnica Mont. 30C (same dosage). Someone please advice on the treatment i can give her as i have to go on a trip for 10 days urgently leaving her behind with a help after 11 July. I still have 3-4 Days with me to treat her .Almost all important homeopathic medicines are available with me as I always carry a kit of 50 medicines.
1. Your appearance (gender, age, weight, height) –FEMALE LABRADORE ,9 YEARS,40 Kgs,Fully grown
2. What are the symptoms of the problem – SHE SCREEMS OF PAIN WHEN GETTING UP WHEN SHE HAS PAIN .
3. In your view, what caused this problem – TILED FLOOR ,AGE
4. What non-medicinal action makes the problem better –NO IDEA
5. What non-medicinal action makes the problem worse – IF NO MEDICINE IS GIVEN IT INCREASES
6. How are you feeling emotionally during the problem e.g. restless, calm, stubborn, weepy, want to be alone, fear of death etc –SHE SEEKS HELP AS SHE COMES CLOSE TO ME AND KEEPS LOOKING AT ME
7. Are you feeling cold or warm – ITS VERY HUMID AND HOT HERE-HUMIDITY ABOVE 90 AND TEM ABOVE 37 DEGREE CENTIGRATE
8. How is your level of energy – NORMAL BUT MOSTLLY SLEEPY
9. How is your thirst –NORMAL AND WANTS COLD WATER
10. Are your lips or mouth dry – NO
11. Any strong like or dislike regarding food taste that has developed during this illness e.g. salty, sweet, sour, bitter etc –NON VEG EVERYDAY
12. Any other health issues that you have – CATARACT IN RIGHT EYE
13. What allopathic medicines are you taking –BRUFFEN WHEN PAIN INCREASEC TO SCREEMS
14. What homeopathic medicines have you taken in last 3 months (dates, dose, potency)-
(i)FOR CATARACT DAILY DOSAGE OF CALCAREA FLUOR 12X (4 tablets morning and 4 tablets evening ) for one month from 15 Apr to 15 may 2015.
(ii) FOR CATARACT DAILY DOSAGE OF cineraria maritime EYE DROPLETS (2 DROPS morning and 2DROPS EVENING) for one month from 15 Apr to till date .
(iii) last week i gave her Rhus Tox 30C Twice a week .15 DROPS DILUTION IN TEASPOON OF WATER. i seemed to work but the pain kept surfacing after 3 days .So i tried brioynia 30 c two days back .One dose same like earlier but it didnt help .So today since she was in pain i gave her Rhus Tox 30C (15 drops in a teaspoon ) in the afternoon and after 6 hrs again in the evening .But the pain seems aggravated and she is having severe pain while changing her position even ..so now at night i have given her 1 BRUFFEN 250MG And Arnica Mont. 30C (same dosage).
(iv) gave her sulphur 30C a few times whenever she had skin itching problems but it was 4-5 times total within last 3 months.dont remember the dates.
Edit Post Report post to moderator
Re: mix lab dog having pain in left front leg... From Ajay malaotar on 2015-07-08
today morning she is not having the pain after giving her yesterday nights dosage.. please suggest a correct treatment but as i said earlier i have to go on a trip for 10 days urgently leaving her behind with a help after 11 July. I still have 3-4 Days with me to treat her .Almost all important homeopathic medicines are available with me as I always carry a kit of 50 medicines.
When did the pain start-6 TO 7 MONTHS BACK
Was it sudden or gradual over days/weeks -Gradual Over the weeks but i kept it suppressed bu giving her Bruffen whenever it increased.
Is the pain muscular or in joints
-Joint front left leg
Any swollen joints- nothing visible or by touching
Have you tried hot or cold compress- no never.
She seems OK now after yesterdays episode and was chasing dogs in the morning .. should i wait for the relapse (if it happens ) or should i give her the treatment recommended by you..
1. Age & physical appearance of the pet e.g. thin, chubby, tall, short-(9 Yrs,tall).
2. Describe the nature of the pet (shy, headstrong etc. give details)-(She is a Mix breed and spammed ,bit ferocious but mostly playful. she is happy if someone is around but cries /is scared when alone).
3. What are the symptoms of the health problem.(SHE LIMPS AND SOMETIMES SCREAMS WHEN THE PAIN INCREASES).
4. What makes the problem better without using medicines-(NOTHING DID NOT TRY)
5. What makes the problem worse without using medicines.(THE PAIN PERSISTS)
6. How is the pet behaving emotionally during this problem-(SHE SEEKS COMPANY )
7. How long the problem has been there- 7 MONTHS
8. What is the reason of the problem in your view-(AGE AND TILES ON THE FLOOR).
9. How is the pet’s thirst & appetite-NORMAL
10. Is there any strong preference of taste e.g. sweet, salty, sour, bitter-(SALTY AND SWEET PREFERRED).
11. How is the stool & urine-(NORMAL)
12. How is the pet’s sleep-(sound and dreams as can see her running in her dreams).
13. What is the pet afraid of (animals, insects, darkness, alone etc.)-(ALONE AND SOMETIMES FROM SOME NOISES LIKE DRUM BEATS ,TRUCK AND LOUD NOISES)
14. Any problems with nose, throat, ears, chest-NO
15. Is the pet normally cold or hot-(NORMALLY HOT AS SHE SEEKS Air Conditioner /cooler mostly).
Ajay malaotar on 2015-07-29
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.