Severe Hair Loss - WomanI am 40 year old and live in Dublin, California. My hair loss started when I was about 20 year old. Prior to that my hairs were very beautiful, they were not too thick but I still had 2 long thick pleats. They slowly started falling off and now it has come to the point that it causes me depression. I have 2 kids, and after the 2nd one it has become really worse. I hardly have any hairs left on my head. They are everywhere else in home except my head. I did notice a full head of luscious hairs during both my pregnancies.
I have answered questions which I found on another thread related to hair loss. I will be very grateful if someone can help me with my hair loss problems. I've tried so many things and nothing has worked.
I also have my hormone test results. I can send them if needed. It does show that I've low Estrogen and Progesterone.
1. Your age & sex
Age 40, sex - female
2. Describe your appearance i.e. weight, height, body type (thin, medium, chubby, fat etc)
• Weight - 113 lbs
• Height - 5ft
• Body type (Very thin, Thin, Medium, Chubby, Fat, Obese)
Thin. I wear XS size clothes.
• Any significant feature (e.g. sunken cheeks, stooped shoulders, thin chest etc.)
I have dark circles around my eyes. And i think they have been there for almost 10-15 years too.
3. Your profession
4. Describe your personality in at least 20 words (e.g. stubborn, lazy, suicidal, don’t want to work, always in a hurry etc.)
I am cheerful person, with 2 kids and full time job, i am sometimes in hurry. My kids are 7.5 and 3.5 year old. I love playing and spending time with my kids.
5. If money was not an issue and you had a month of vacation, what would you do
1 month of vacation - if someone can take care of my kids i would goto hawaii, even if i had to spend money.
6. How is your relationship with your parents, spouse, siblings, children etc.
My parents are in India, healthy relationship with parents, with husband and kids. I love my family more than anything, thats the precious gift whoch God has given me and i am thankful to Him.
7. If relationship is not ok, what’s wrong and how is it affecting you
nothing wrong with relationships.
8. Do you smoke/drink/drugs, if yes, details of why & since when
I drink white wine, usually 1-2 times in a week. About 3-4 oz at a time. It relaxes me. I started drinking about 7-8 years back. It has been more consistent since past 2 years.
9. What is your main health problem & its symptoms
I have no health issue besides hair loss. I am pretty healthy and usually am the last one to catch any bug in the house. Sometimes Iam the one who does not get sick at all.
10. When did this main problem begin
About 20 years back. It got severe in last 2-3 years.
11. What is the cause of this problem in your view
I think its combination of nutrition, hereditary and water isues too. I've heard that water in dublin city ( where I live is not good. And it worsens hair loss issues)
My mom side of family has hair issues, but right now my mom has better hairs than me.
12. What non-medicinal actions make the main problem better (e.g. massage, warmth, cold, lying down, sitting etc.)
Nothing makes my hair loss better. I use nexxuss volumizer conditioner twice in week, probably which is harming it more. But without it, i dont know what to do.
13. What makes it worse (e.g. massage, warmth, cold, lying down, sitting etc.)
When i wake up in morning and comb my hair, lots and lots of them fall out. Same thing during and after washing them. Massaging was also cauing my hair to fall out, so I've stopped using oil massages too long back.
14. How do you feel mentally & emotionally during this problem (e.g. weepy, irritable, restless, sad, hopeless, fear of death etc.)
I feel sad and depressed, and don't want to look at myself. And I feel bad that why me when women is supposed to have hairs.
15. What other health problems do you have
No other health issues.
16. List down all health problems and when did they start (approximate month & year)
No other health issues.
17. What non-medicinal actions make these other health problems better (explain each problem)
No other health issues.
18. What makes these other health problems worse (explain each problem)
No other health issues.
19. What animals or insects are you afraid of
I am afraid of bees, mostly I am afraid of all animals. I dont like even a fly inside the house.
20. What situations are you afraid of (e.g. heights, closed spaces, ocean, darkness etc)
I don't like darkness. I wont say that I am afraid of it, but I don't like it. I also don't like conjusted closed spaces.
21. What occupies your mind mostly
My kids, and job.
22. How do you respond to consolation & sympathy
Sometimes consolation and sympathy seems fake to me. I believe that people today just sympathasize for the sake of it, they dont really mean it. But I do have some friends around me who sympathize whole heartedly and I appreciate that.
23. Do you want to stay alone or with people
I want to stay with people who are true to me. I dont like hypocrites (people who say something and mean something else)
24. How is your sleep, if not good, why
Its good. I sleep usually for 8 hours sometimes 9 on weekends.
25. Do you have any recurring dreams
26. Is your complaint affected by weather, if so, which weather affect & how
Its not related to weather.
27. Do you normally feel hot or cold
Probably none of that.
28. What foods you crave & love (not what you eat due to health or other reasons, rather what you love)
I love spicy foods, chicken. I also love some sweets but I am not the one with sweet tooth. I need a cup of ginger chai every morning. I cant start my day without it.
29. Is there any food that you hate and can’t tolerate
I can pretty much eat anything, no food that I hate.
30. What taste you crave & love (e.g. sweet, salty, sour, bitter)
I love spicy taste.
31. Is there any taste which you hate and can’t tolerate
I dont really like bitter taste.
32. Do you like warm or cold food
I like hot food, I can eat warm food, but I prefer fresh hot food.
33. Do you want to eat indigestible foods (chalk, lead pencil, mud….)
I used to eat chalk as a kid, but not anymore.
34. How is your thirst (less, moderate, excessive)
35. Do you have excessively dry lips or mouth or both
36. Do you have any coating on tongue first thing in the morning, if yes, details
No coating on tongue
• Is coating thick
• Color of coating
• Where exactly (back, middle, sides etc)
37. Any taste in your mouth first thing in the morning (e.g. bitter, sour)
No taste in mouth
38. How is your skin (dry, oily, rough, acne, pustules, boils, psoriasis etc), upload here or email me a picture of the skin problem
My skin is dry, I get rash very easily so I use baby soap.
39. Please upload here or email me a close up picture of your hand nails (without nail polish or any treatment done). Picture should be of nails, not hands. Click my username for my email address.
40. Details about your sweat, answer all these points: where mostly, how much, smell, does it stain, if yes what color
I dont sweat much. Sometimes my armpits sweat.
41. Any problems with eyes/vision, if yes, since when
No problem with eyes or vision.
42. Any problems with ears, nose, throat (e.g. nose always blocked, runny, discharge color)
No problem with ears, nose or throat.
43. How is your stool, answer all these points: how often, consistency, any blood, any particular smell etc.
My stool is normal. I take Iron supplements per my doctor. So my stool is black.
44. How is your urine, answer all these points: color, smell, any blood etc.
Sometimes light yellow, sometimes yellow. No blood.
45. How is your sex desire (e.g. no desire, low, moderate, high, very high)
46. Are you satisfied with your sex life, if no, why not
I am satisfied with my sex life
47. Do you masturbate, if yes, how frequently
48. Are you satisfied after that or want more
49. Males genitals (any problems with erection, any pain, any itching etc.)
50. Females menses details (reply to all these points)
• Regularity (early, late, irregular, duration of cycle)
Regular on time, cycle duration 28-30 days
• Flow (low, moderate, high)
moderate, high first 2 days.
• Clots (none, some, a lot, huge clots, bright color, dark color)
• Any discharge (color, consistency, smell)
51. What illnesses are running in your family
• Mother’s side
• Father’s side
• Siblings (brother/sister)
52. Are you taking any medicines (allopathic, homeopathic, supplements, acupuncture etc.)
I use Neetas herbal Hair Grow twice a week.
53. Have you had any surgeries or implants, if yes, give details
I had both my kids via C-section.
54. Have you had any long term treatment (physical or psychological), if yes, give details (what, when, where, why, the list of medicines used)
No long term treatment.
55. What homeopathic remedies have you taken in the past (potency, dosage, approx. time frame)
I use Gelesemium 30c and NS sometimes when I feel that I am getting sore throat, or if kids are sick then I use it as prevention too. I have not taken any homeopathy medicine for hair loss.
angela123 on 2015-09-18
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.