≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum




Bryonia: $6.59Nux Vomica: $4.19Boiron 33 Remedy Homeopathy Family Kit: $210.00


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Is prescribing Nux.Vom. after Bryonia(antidote)OK?

After case taking my homeopath prescribed Bryonia(my complaints Inguinal Hernia,difficulty in shedding weight,knee pain anger etc)After sometime she asked me to go for USG report to verify healing of IH. But I postponed it reminding that I still have pain in knee joint.So she prescribed Nux.Vom.3 weeks after starting Nux I went for USG which did not show any improvement as expected by her.When I searched this forum I learnt that NUX acts as antidote for Bryonia.Does it mean that NUX nullified benefits/healing provided by Bryonia(my constitutional remedy)?
  bharatk8 on 2015-11-23
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
Nux vomica and bryonia are very similar in some respects. Nux can antidote Bryonia.
Bryonia and nux vomica are both deep acting but they are not deep enough to be regarded as constitutional remedies.
Bryonia is indicated when there is aggravation from movement and dryness of mucous membranes. If these two are not there Bryonia is not indicated.
telescope 8 years ago
thanks a lot Mr telescope.
[message edited by bharatk8 on Mon, 23 Nov 2015 14:10:03 UTC]
bharatk8 8 years ago
Please elaborate the term deep acting remedy.

How do a person know he has been prescribed a remedy which is deep enough to be regarded as constitutional remedy?

Is there any list of such remedies(very deep acting)?

Is it possible to prescribe appropriate deeper acting remedy in place of Bryonia?If yes pl.prescribe it.
[message edited by bharatk8 on Thu, 03 Dec 2015 01:38:10 UTC]
bharatk8 8 years ago

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.