3 year old dental abscessHello all,
My son fell on some cement steps a bit less than a year ago when he was 2. Two days later he developed a dental abscess. About two weeks after that his face swelled on the side the abscess was on. I cleared that up with oregano oil and echinacea tea. Since then (about 10 months, maybe a bit longer) I have been controlling the abscess with cell salts (6x). First silicea for a while then calc sulph. I would see minimal improvement (but improvement none the less) before it just stagnated. At one point it flared up across two other teeth for a total of 3 gum boils with vents at one time (about 3 months ago). I switched cell salt brands and it quickly subsided back to just the one original gum boil. Then it stagnated again. It looked better than it had since all of this started but still had a vent (but wasnt swollen). I was happy it had healed to the extent it did but still wanted it gone so I read up and figured i'd give him calc sulph 30x to finish it off. Well, I over did the dosage and aggravated the condition. Now he has 2 swollen gum boils. Unsure what would be best now. Wait 2 weeks to give his body a chance to recover then administer calc sulph 30x again but less frequently? Switch back to 6x? Try a different remedy? Just get the teeth pulled? Any adviceexperience is much, much appreciated.
Other info:we are very healthy vegans. We rarely fall ill and if we do recover quickly. My son is very, very active. You would never know anything is "wrong" with him. He doesnt complain of pain (except most recently when they flared back up and i touched them with a q tip a bit too hard). He's reserved with new people but very open and active around those he knows.
Vegmom on 2017-05-08
after 2 hour,give arnica 30 3pills daily 3 times
report changes here:
♥ drthoufeequebhms 2 years ago
Thank you for reply.
Last night I found my son had snuck away with the cell salt calc sulph 6x bottle (about 50 or so tabs left--dose for child is 2) and eaten them all. This morning, while not gone, his 2 boils have significantly reduced in size. Shall i just keep goibg with it?
Vegmom 2 years ago
Vegmom 2 years ago
A new issue has popped up however. My son had chipped a bit of one of his molars while eating popcorn. It has given us no issues until recently when yet another abscess has showed up. I gave one dose of si 1m and it reduced in size. A week later it had stagnated so I gave another dose of the 1m and it went away even more. It has been 2 weeks since then and I noticed the abscess flared up on the other side of his tooth , so I gave yet another dose of the 1m. Now the flared up and the abscess looks very close to supporating on the initial side of the tooth it started on (it reduced on the other side).
Did I aggravate it? Do we just need to wait a week or two (thank GOD he is not in pain) to see if it reduces? Should I give arnica again?
Thoughts are appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
Vegmom 2 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.