≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum



Remedy Finder:




Posts about Allergy

Whey Protein allergy2Food Allergy139Skin allergy4Sulphur/ Sulfa Allergy1Two issues. Nat phos 6x and eye allergy4Sneezing allergy5Dry nose and throat allergy2Severe Cough due to Allergy18Acne; Pollen allergy11Premature ejaculation/asthma/pollen allergy1


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Corn allergy and liquid remedies? Input please, for 1 year old.

I have a one-year-old daughter who has a corn allergy (she reacts with eczema and discomfort).

Her Naturopath prescribed Pulsatilla for her and I've found the liquid one online. Is the alcohol in them safe for a corn allergic person (she does NOT have a life threatening allergy!!!).

Previously I'd given her Sulphur tablets but she reacted with great discomfort so I suspect the sucrose is derived from corn.

Additionally, how would I best give her the liquid remedy?

FYI, she's being treated with the Pulsatilla because she awakes often during the night with restlessness and agitation.

Thanks for any thoughts.
  josiewales on 2006-04-30
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
what were exact discomfort symptoms experienced after sulphur (sucrose tablets)?

it may be she respond to sulphur--not sucrose...

allergy /eczema---awakes often are to be considered as part of daughter's state ..so as proper treament can be used...
John Stanton last decade
She woke constantly the three nights she was given the Sulphur. She was tremendously agitated and she was thrashing around and moaning and groaning in her sleep. Her limbs were twitchy.

I assumed it was the sucrose because it was very reminiscent of how she acted when she was being exposed to corn.
josiewales last decade
not sucrose --but response to sulphur---

and wouldnt trust natraul-o-path--you mention--if same whom prescribe sulphur---

this leaves pulsatilla as a questionable prescription---you also need know that at times aggravtions occur---as long as not a new symptom-and not a severe aggravtion of old sympto---then allow to respond as such----your mothering instinct want no aggravtion for child--and will interrupt anygood by misinterpretation--you want good for child--then relax---awaking pften not as much concern as suppressing skin condition with ointment meds and such...
John Stanton last decade
I'm sorry, I didn't state it well.

The sulpur remedy was weeks and weeks ago. That was for her eczema. I didn't see much aggravation or improvement in her eczema after the sulphur was used. She took 2 tablets nightly for three nights.

The agitation that the Pulsatilla is being prescribed for is something different. She wakes often (not related to the Sulphur remedy) and is unable to resettle. You're right that, in and of itself, that is not a problem. But, when she gets agitated at night, she scratches herself and often wakes up bloody. I believe that our Dr wants to work on the agitation with the Pulsatilla to see if she is less agitated, she would be less apt to scratch.

Many times when she wakes upset in the night she is up for hours on end. It is not healthy for her not to sleep.

I just read the method for wet dosing and I think I will follow that technique in the future with my daughter.

Thank you, John Stanton, for your replies and thoughts on our situation. It is appreciated.
josiewales last decade
we need go further?or that is enough?
John Stanton last decade
I'm not sure, honestly.

My daughter still has eczema on her back and legs that causes her a lot of discomfort.

I imagine I will try the wet dose of Pulatilla as prescribed and then come back here for further help if we're still having problems.

The Naturopath just wanted her to take the Pulsatilla for 2 days in the morning.
josiewales last decade
Sulphur can disturb the sleep if given at night. This is why it is recommended to be taken in the morning.

If potency and dose of the chosen medicine is correct, it should work both ways - wet or dry.
Romeo7 last decade
ok post back...and we'll take from there..will need much info--but after you decide...
John Stanton last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.