Homeopathy and Health Forum
Nasal Congestion/Blockd Nostrils/MigraineThis is my 1st time at abc homeopathy. I've been suffering from Nasal Congestion/Blockd Nostrils/Migraine for last 3 years. I have taken all kinds of alopathic medicines but they have only worked temporarily. I've decided to look for alternative treatment & thats why I'm posting my symptoms here. Hopefully someone will reply to my message.
• Male, Age 30, 134 lbs, married
• Nasal congestion all year around (worsen in winter)
• Block nostrils (mostly one side is more block than other side) (either right or left)
• Migraine (Starts the side of more block nostril (either right or left)
• Sometime wakeup with migraine in the morning with one nostril is more block than other (either right or left)
• Changing sleep position to left side block left nostril more than right (I can feel the phlegm moving slowly from right to left side)
• Changing sleep position to right side block right nostril more than left (I can feel the phlegm moving slowly from left to right side)
• Phlegm is thick & yellow in color & smelly
• No runny nose
• Sneezing opens blocked nostril for a few minutes
• Difficulty in breathing
• Feels tired in migraine
• Carpeted floor (worsen at home)
• Smell ability is fine
• No known food allergy
• 95% eat homemade food
• No known family history
• Every morning irritation in throat passage & feels dry (drinking water clears the throat)
• Medicines currently taking (Head ON, Vicks Inhaler, Vicks Steam, Sudafed Sinus)
omar08 on 2008-03-06
This thread continues beneath the following ad.
Take Melilotus 30 twice a day for a week. Take a dose in the morning and another at the bed time. Don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
Follow homoeopathy restrictions like no raw onion, garlic, no smoking, no wine, no coffee.
Report after a week.
kadwa on 2008-03-071- U did not mention the particular aggravation timing during day or night?
2-What about ur thirst?
3-Do u feel chill?
4-Special desire for hot or cold drinks?
5-Any one in the family suffered from T.B or Asthma?
Dr Tahira on 2008-03-07Thanks for the reply.
= Nasal congestion gets worse at home & during sleep.
= when I wakeup in the morning, either one nostril is blocked.
= Outside, I feel little better.
= I've used humideifier in my room but nothing changed.
= special desire for hot tea in the morning & after eating lunch. I drink 2 cups of tea daily.
= No smoking, No drinking
= No known history of TB or Asthma in my family
= thrist is normal
= I'm suspecting, I might have nasal ployps. How do I check for nasal ployps?
= which Melilotus?
& whats 30 C or X? Liquid or pellets?
omar08 on 2008-03-07This thread continues beneath the following ad.Pulstilla 2ooc one dose daily for three days,two drops or two pellets are enough as per dose.take it after 1 hour of breakfast.An E.N.T specialist can confirm nasal polyps.
Dr Tahira on 2008-03-08
Hi Omar and others,
I am your lost brother but for not so long .. but just since last 6 months. All of your symptoms are matching of mine. It's 14 days past -- and would appreciate if you can share your progress with me. I would start the same remedy once you confirm what you taken and how it worked and for how long you took that.
Waiting for your quick respons.
tarchei on 2008-03-22I'm amazed at how Omar's post exactly describes my own migraine/sinus/nostril problem (I don't know what to call it). The only difference being that when the weather chnages (and it rains heavily) I am also sure to get the symptoms.
pachuca on 2008-08-19omg...this describes me excatly!
i, however, have 1 more symptom to add to this list. i have had 2 bouts of vertigo in the last 2 months. i was diagnost today as suffering from migranes...as they aremore than likely the cause of my vertigo. i asked about my congestion that ive had for the good part of 10 yrs that i can recall. his response was migranes can cause congestion. he gave me some medicine to treat the migranes and said we'll attack the congestion problem at the same time, as they quite possibly could be related to each other
coach96 on 2008-09-09This thread continues beneath the following ad.Hi There, I am a father of two daughters and both are suffering from almost the similar symptoms of allergies. here is the point wise details:
- When they wake up they sneeze a lot
- They have polyps, confirmed by an ENT specialist but very ealry stage
- There age is 6 and 3.5 respectively
- I am a patient of chronic Nasal allergy and it is obvious they have inherited that from me. it is in the family
- Thay face nasal congesiton every night thourgh out the year and very sensitive to Cold. Even snneze while they sleepe. When they wake any one of the nostril is more bloked then the other
-Elder daughter eye sight is also week and has red eyes. The eyes irritate a lot
- A white thick mocous result always post sneezing. Lot of irritation in the nose itself as well.
- when they sleepe a saliva comes out of their mouth.
- Their is a smell of mocus comes from their mouth when they sneeze a lot
- They always try to clear out their throt as if it is not clear.
- Very sensitive to cold
ezeesha on 2012-11-30
Please give them pulsatilla 30 in the morning and evening for 3 days and see how that affects in next 10 days.
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 2 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 1 drop in some 10-15 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
kadwa on 2012-12-01I have a problem that my feet really gets cold during the winter and because of that i pee a lot. if i take a cup of any kind of tea or coffee then i have to wake up around 4-5 times int the night. I am also suffering freom nasal allergy ever since my child hood.The nostril on the sleeping side is always blocked and allergic to cold and dust. I usually dont sneeze, but when i sneeze it never stops. No proper medication i have having. and also when i wake up i never feel fresh. I also need one good memory booster as i need to memorize each and everyu thing during my work. Please advice,.
ezeesha on 2012-12-10
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.