Autistic child with possible BiPolar disorder.My Autistic son is having major rages. He'll be fine one minute, then like flipping on a switch...violent anger the next.
I talked to his Dr. about BiPolar disorder and she agreed that it can go hand in hand with Autism, but wanted to put him on Depakoke to stablize the moods. I saw all the possible damage depakoke can do and decided to go the homeopathic route instead, but need some help doing this.
I started my son on Stramonium Saturday, 12C, and it seemed to help.
We were even out in a public area..a busy bookstore. He's totally off his Zoloft, which had quit helping. Without any meds he would have been raging, but once the Stramonium was given...he quickly stablized.
The Stramonium was suggested by a homeopathic physician a friend of mine sees. I was going to have her see my son, but she lives out of state and doesn't get into this area often. I've emailed her about it, but she doesn't really seem interested in taking on another patient.
I did some more research and on Sunday started with Omega 3. I read it can help stablize some people whom are BiPolar. (my son doesn't show the manic depressive side of it thankfully)
I'm guessing I'm on the right tract as even my son said it seemed to help him gain control better. He suggested it yesterday when he was getting unstable and wanted to go grocery shopping.
Right now I'm giving him the recommended 5 pellets 3 times a day. I have ordered 30c Stramonium and am waiting for that to come in. I'm concerned about 12 no being quite strong enough to get him through a day of school without slamming doors or hurting someone.
Is 30 enough for the morning? Could I reduce it back to 12c for the night?
I also read where Phosphorus oor Lycopodium Clavatum may help as they work with simular symptoms of his.
Craftmakerone on 2007-01-15
- any ulcers in the family.
- any cases of gonorrhoea in the family.
- any hardcore alcoholics in the family.
- was your pregnancy happy and uneventful. delivery?
- any head injuries suffered by the child earlier.
- any mental shock suffered by the child earlier.
- are the symptoms appearing especially after vaccinations.
Patient ID: Sex: Age:
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
♡ rishimba last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.