Hiatus Hernia + Acid Reflux + Candida. Help needed!Sex: Male
Nature of work: Computer programming (and testing during software development)
Habits: Have habit to sit all day at work, eat two or three smaller meals per day, used to eat a lot of junk food in the past (more then a lot!).
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1.Describe your main suffering? - Painful soar throat all day long, .
2.What other physical sufferings do you have in your body? - Painful soar throat all day long, belching after a meal, acid reflux into throat and vocal coards, stoll once in 3 days, headache, 'spacey' feeling, bad breath, gas/bloating, Hiatal Hernia without stomach inflammation (2 gastro-endoscopies done to be sure), over-all bad feeling, diarrhea for a few days then constipation for few days, then all over again, intestal candida overgrowth (proven with stool samples 3 times) toenail fungus, severe post-nasal dripping (no allergies, tested)
3.What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings? - Depression, feeling weak and old, difficulty concentrating, memory problems
4.What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? - Describe the sensation in your own words. - Painful throat, difficulty breathing and swallowing, burping like hell, lower abdominal pain, feeling acid in my throat, feel like my eyes are going to cry for no reason, pain all over my body
5.When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease? - I had sinusitis and doctor treated me with antibiotics for 3 months, I felt post-nasal drip and bearly notecable acid reflux. After three months it's much worse! Since I stopped with antibiotics it's not better, but not worse eather.
6.Which time of the day you are worst? - In the morning and around 17h in the afternoon, but it's much worse in the morning
7.What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? I feel better when it's cold, feel much more acid reflux after eating but I feel it even if I don't eat. Tight clothing has no affect on my acid reflux. My throat feels better after drinking water, but not for long.
8.Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)? - I think that no external stimuli is problem, I think that use of antibiotics and bad immunity is my main problem, and maybe lower esophageal sphincter relaxation but not much cause it's not visible on endoscopy.
9.When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather? Cold but not to cold is best for me. I think that fresh air when cold is better for my condition.
10.Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc. - I am little moody, not to much, too nervous, quiet when in larger group of people, and from time that I got sick my easily irritable
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm? I feel little better after thunderstorm, but since they are rare in my country, I don't see any connection with my problems.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc? Very sensitive to smell, mild sensitive to noise ...
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc? I have habit to breath deep from time to time, like I have no air althou I don't do it on purpose, I have nervus habits like tapping with my fingers on the desk, shakeing my leg when sitting ...
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife? I have distance form my family cause I can't enjoy all the thinks they do, so I don't want to be a burden
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly? Not all the time but sometimes I have nightmares, but I don't remember about what.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions? I have craveings for sugar, bread, soda drinks, and all the junk food I used to eat.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive? excessive
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive? less
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand? Milk, tomatos, lemon ...
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs? I sweat more on head and on trunk. I sweat normaly on limbs.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type? I have one stool on every 3 days, sometimes it's like mush, sometimes like a brick
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping? I used to sleep 8 hours, now I can only sleep 5,5 to 6 hours max, I don't feel fresh in the morning. I sleep in fetal position, like a baby in mothers stomach, on the left side.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? Yes. Sexual desires are normal.
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others? I feel like my head is too hard to carry, I feel weak all the time. I have problems with eating.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication? I used very potent wide-spectrum antibiotics (Erythromycin, Hemomycin, roxitromycin) for 3 months and proton pump inhibitors for 3 weeks but they made me sick even more so I stopped.
22. What major diseases are running in your family? My mother has reumatoid arhtritis and my father had lung cancer.
23.Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance. I am slightly overweight, white skin, strong legs (I played football erlier), brown eyes and hair ...
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner. I didn't had any diseases before this!
Conventional medicine is not helping me. They want to take to operate my hernia to treat acid reflux and ingore my candida overgrowth even I have proven with stool samples that I have candida overgrowth in intestines
I heard about Nat Phos 6x, but I am afraid to take it on my own without any advice from some homeopathy specialist.
My white tongue is on the picture i posted.
(This post contains an image. To view the image, please log on.)
gorangard on 2008-06-08
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.