severe allergiesWhere do I start...I moved to Boston in 2002 for my PhD from India and have been suffereing from severe allergies since 2004. Even though I have always had allergies in India from dust and smoke but nothing like what I face now. moreover, it is getting worse with each year. The symptoms are usually start getting out of control in May, thus my escalating fears as it approaches. I have always been a strong believer in homeopathy but each time I go to India I get tons of medicines but no one to guide me through it step by step. Here are my symptoms:
1. Sinus congestion, mostly worse on the left side
2. Allergy conjuctivitis making them extremely infected if left untreated with steroidal eye drops. usually starts on the left eye.
3. the eyes are usualy red and terribly itchy other times with watering profusely during the peak spring season
4. Angioedema of the eye and the face. My eye swells up and closes shut within 10-15min. My face usually starts itching at night and by morning it is swollen up, usually the lower part of the face. It is painful too.
5. Itching, watery feelings in the ears, especially at night
6. Asthmatic symptoms develop during peak season
7. Mostly chronic in nature now with allergies to everything from dust mites and carpet etc.
Note: I have had both the skin test and the blood test which reveal my allergies to all the trees and weeds in the Northeast area of US. Also terribly allergic to mold, dust mites, cats and dogs. In a nutshell...pretty much everything.
What have I tried:
I have tried everything from all the allopathy medicines out there. Took ayurvedic for some time as well. And try homeopathy once in a while to see if I can find something that would help me. But all in vain. Last year I landed up in the ER since I could breathe from the angioedema that consticted my breathing and reamined on oral steroids for the entire month on May. I have been on immunotherapy for past one year but it doesnt seem to have worked either.
One thing that did work is the Sinusin Nasal Spray which helped to move away from Nasal steroids that I had been taking everyday since past 4 years.
I left everything for 10 days but have had 2 episodes of angioedema on the face since.
Please help and guide me through this terrible situation that I live with on daily basis. Any advice would be a great help and a ray of hope. Not to mention that I could finally have kids as with all the medications I have been taking since past couple of years have kept me from exposing my baby to all the chemicals.
Mona_09 on 2009-03-27
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.