tourettes, add, adhd, repeats sounds, motions. ??My son, aged 10, has had a history of grimacing and repeated squinting, which has subsided but has now been replaced by repeated hand gestures, which appear to be the same movement in succession. Occasional vocalization of beeping or buzzing sounds, less frequent when he is fully occupied.
He is a very spontaneous, compulsive personality. Has great ability to focus on something which holds his interest for long periods of time, however generally impatient, insistent, self-sufficient. Always in a hurry, accident prone, not thinking through actions. However, able to follow very specific instructions and repeat them back verbatim, including the required punctuation if you care to write his thoughts down!
Is there something I can do for him to stop the repetitive behaviors/motions? When I ask him why he makes the noises he tells me he is not making noises, apparently unaware of it. Cannot stop the hand movements, feeling very compelled to go through the motions.
bapindi on 2009-05-29
CHOREA (St. Vitus dance) -- Absinth., Agar., Agaricin, Arg. n., Ars., Art. v., Asaf., Aster., Avena, Bell., Bufo, Calc. c., Calc. p., Caust., Cham., Chloral, Cic., Cim., Cina, Cocaine, Cocc., Con., Croc., Cupr. ac., Cupr. m., Eup. ar., Ferr. cy., Ferr. red., Hippom., Hyos., Ign., Iod., Kali br., Latrod., Mag. p., Myg., Nat. m., Nux v., Op., Phos., Physost., Pictrox., Psor., Puls., Santon., Scutel., Sep., Solan., Spig., Stram., Strych., Strych. p., Sulphon., Sul., Sumb., Tanac., Tar. h., Thasp., Thuya, Ver. v., Viscum, Zinc. ars., Zinc. br., Zinc. cy., Zinc. m., Zinc. v.
Anemia -- Ars., Cinch., Ferr. red., Hyos.
Corybantism -- Bell., Hyos., Stram.
Eruptions, suppressed -- Zinc. m.
Fright -- Calc. c., Cim., Cupr., Ign., Laur., Nat. m., Stram., Tar. h., Zinc. m.
Nervous disturbances -- Asaf., Bell., Cim., Cocc., Croc., Gels., Hyos., Ign., Kali br., Op., Sticta, Stram.
Onanism -- Agar., Calc. c., Cinch.
Pubertic -- Asaf., Caul., Cim., Ign., Puls.
Reflex, from dentition, pregnancy -- Bell.
Relief, from music, sight of bright colors -- Tar. h.
From sleep -- Agar., Cupr. m.
Rheumatism -- Caust., Cim., Spig.
Rhythmical motions -- Agar., Caust., Cham., Cim., Lyc., Tar. h.
Scrofulous, tubercular -- Calc. c., Calc. p., Caust., Iod., Phos., Psor.
Worms -- Asaf., Calc. c., Cina, Santon., Spig.
At approach of thunderstorm [worse] -- Agar.
During sleep [worse] -- Tar. h., Zizia.
Face [worse] -- Caust., Cic., Cupr., Hyos., Myg., Nat. m., Zinc. m.
From cold, noise, light, emotions [worse] -- Ign.
In spasms, partial, changing constantly [worse] -- Stram.
Left arm, right leg [worse] -- Agar., Cim.
Right arm, left leg [worse] -- Tar. h.
Right side, tongue affected, staccato speech [worse] -- Caust.
Unilaterally [worse] -- Calc. c.
Patient ID: Sex: Age:
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
20. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
21. What major diseases are running in your family?
22. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
♥ kadwa last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.