PCOS,Hypothyroidism and Weight IssuesHello docs,
I'm married for 8 yrs and reside in south US. I have been suffering from Hypothyroidism for the last 6 years. When it was first detected the reports showed underactive thyroid in US and the results in India came normal. This happened for a year after which I started on synthyroid 50 mcg once a day on empty stomach. I usually didn't have any symptoms of thyroid. Then all of a sudden my periods became irregular to the extent that I would have missed periods for 3-4 months if I did not take provera to start a period. After a while we started trying for a baby and found out I have poly-cystic ovaries which is causing absent periods. I was seeing a reproductive endochronoligst who prescribed me metformin 500 mg three times a day. Till then I had developed weight issues too. I used to workout everyday,do yoga,walk on treadmill and eat very healthy food but weight would not reduce at all. After starting metformin i lost all the extra pounds that I had gained due to hormonal imbalance. My husband also had varicoceles in both the testis and underwent surgery. He had a sperm count of less than 5 million. After the surgery his count went to 8 mill but after sperm wash it was only 2 mill motile sperms. But we got lucky and I conceived with our first child in the first IUI and delivered a healthy baby in 2007. Now we are trying for another baby and my husband has a zero sperm count. Also I'm still taking metformin for glucose intolerance.
I took throdinium 200 for a month and I haven't taken synthyroid for the last 2 months and everything seems to be fine. I never felt any symptom of hypothyroidism in the past too. I'm planning to visit my doc for blood work soon and I'll let u know my results. I'm still on metformin 1500 mg/day which is giving me regular periods. Is there anyway I can get rid of metformin n PCOS. My height is 5'3' and I weigh 130 pounds. I still exercise but I know weight is under control because of metformin. I really want my hormones to get back into regular cycles and not take any allopathy meds.
I can get angry very fast but cool down fast too.i crave for sweets. My feet is usually cold. I am a very good cook but get scared when it calls for a party. I'm good into getting things done but usually depressed about how it will be done. I get depressed and worried very easily. I eat healthy,exercise and read about getting my cure all day long.
I'm also looking for homeopathy meds for my husband since we want to try for another baby. I can post his problems in another topic if you say so.
Please ask me whatever questions you have in mind.
PCOSTHY on 2009-09-21
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. What peculiar or strange sensation do you have in any part of your body at times? Do you sometimes feel as if .. in some part of the body?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
24. If you are not having normal menstrual cycles, please answer the following questions:
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
♡ gopal18 last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.