Bacterial VaginosisI'm befuddled because at a recent midwife appointment I was told I have bacterial vaginosis which normally isn't considered a big thing, but I'm pregnant and it can lead to preterm labor. The thing is I don't appear to have any symptoms which I've read can sometimes be the case. Are there any suggestions on how to approach this? I know I will likely have to submit to anti-biotic treatment, but I also don't believe that will heal the underlying issue. I'm looking for any help or suggestions I can get on how to maybe see symptoms perhaps I'm missing. Sometimes a symptom is so second nature people don't see it as a symptom and I'm hoping that might be the case here.
PGmama on 2010-02-15
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis your remedy may be worked out.
♡ kadwa last decade
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Bacterial vaginosis as diagnosed by my midwife
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
All the following have occurred since I became pregnant around the end of 2009. I had and still have increased gassiness along with constipation. Bowels have been hard ball shaped and difficult to pass. In the last few days this has improved. Im still more gassy than usual, but the stool is easier to pass and no longer ball shaped. Ive had increased air in the form of what feels like bubbles coming from the vaginal area and there may be a slight odor, but nothing I can really notice. There is no notable discharge either other than the feeling of air or bubbles. Also my eyesight seems weakened more nearsighted than usual.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
I have been depressed due to the unplanned pregnancy. I am somewhat mourning the freedom I was looking forward to with my youngest now 5 going to school in the fall of this year. I also have gone back to school myself and planned to work outside the home with kids in school. It should be said that last year was a year of tremendous grief for me. We had to move unexpectedly for my husbands job and in doing so I had to leave a rural life with animals and a large garden for an urban setting which affords us a very small yard and only one dog. I had a beloved pet die unexpectedly then had to give all the others to new homes and we moved away from all our friends and family. We have made new friends, but there is still some adjustment going on.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
Low energy just want to nap, gas in the abdomen area that doesnt move easily (one night I awoke and vomited because of the gas sensation. Ive had no morning sickness this was different as the gassiness caused what seemed an inability to digest my food).
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
It all started around Jan. 1, 2010 which is just about the time I became pregnant. I did have a form of strep vaginosis while pregnant with my daughter. When I am pregnant my body seems to have a weakened immune system.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
My worst symptoms have been at night including the gassiness and fatigue although it seems to be balancing out within the last week.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Not having much to do in the day makes it worse. If I have a full schedule and things to do I do not notice symptoms much.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
I believe it is all related to the pregnancy and probably my emotions about it.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Cold weather takes my mind off it only because Im cold other than that I have not experienced too many extremes to have noted.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
I tend to be a mild agreeable person although I am not one for crowds and or larger gatherings of people. I like quiet calm and I now live in a populated busy area. I have also pushed myself to join groups at a church and become more active in order to prevent sitting at home and being depressed.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
If the pressure changes I can sometimes feel as if someone just plugged me into a socket with mild pressure in my sinuses other than that I have no real notice of storms.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
I like supportive hugs from my husband and an acknowledgment that I am having a tough time and my feelings about it are valid other than that I dont like too much doting.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
Yes, I dont like a lot of loud noise, but I love music and natural sounds, I dont care for bright lights and prefer a more natural light. Smells for me have been a little increased since pregnancy and a can of dog food and some cooked venison caused me to feel nausea which has been the only time Ive really felt any.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
I talk to myself all the time as a means to get my thoughts in order.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
I feel separated from my friends, my extended family I avoid as much as I can and I adore my husband and two children.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
All of my dreams are weird in general but nothing I can recall now. While I dont allow myself to let fear overcome me we do have financial stresses because we have yet to sell the house we moved from and I do have the fear of something happening to my husband because he is the employed member of the family.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Ive had a real desire for grapefruit lately, but not what I would consider a craving. The only aversion so far has been the cooked venison. The smell was just too much.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand? Nothing new, but I am intolerant to corn. I cant eat it in any form as it messes my digestion up (it is possible over the holidays I ate things with corn which can give me constipation and gas but these symptoms have been different from my usual corn response)
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs? Ive noticed that Ive had more sweat in the middle of the night mostly the upper torso.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type? Was hard ball shaped and difficult to pass. It has improved to softer and more normal long shape although still a bit difficult to pass and always with gas.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping? Im a side sleeper mostly the left because it faces away from my husband. I do not like to have anyone breath in my face when Im sleeping and I like the open air to breath. Ive been sleeping well although since the pregnancy I want to sleep more and even after a full 8 hours I sometimes feel like it wasnt enough.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? I have little to no sexual desire at this time.
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all? I often feel Im very different from the people around me and my extended family. I eat differently, I have different beliefs and political views. I often feel like the odd man out or abnormal, but I like myself.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication? I have not taken any meds for this and would love if I could avoid the usual anti-biotics. I havent had those in probably 10 years
22. What major diseases are running in your family? Celiac disease, and both parents had cancer dad, prostate and mom uterine.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
Tall (59) roundish face. Im large boned or not petite, but Im not really over weight either. Im active and in pretty good shape. My skin is fair but not overly so. Ive been told I have more yellow to my skin tone and I tan nicely although first time out I sometimes burn. Im blue eyed and have a darker blondish hair
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
If you are not having normal menstrual cycles, please answer the following questions:
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
PGmama last decade
If there is relief after taking Calc Carb, You may repeat calc carb whenever needed. Please take it only once in 10-15 days.
If there is no relief after 10 days, please take three doses of Lycopodium 200c at a gap of 4 hours for only one day (not daily) and see how it affects you in the next 10 days.
If there is relief after taking Lycopodium, You may repeat Lycopodium whenever needed. Please take it only once in 10-15 days.
If there is no relief after 10 days, please take three doses of Sulphur 200c at a gap of 4 hours for only one day (not daily) and see how it affects you in the next 10 days.
With this you are expected to get relief. Please ensure that you take the remedies in correct order. Please get the clarifications if you are confused.
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 4 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 3-4 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please take 2 pellets of the following tissue salts thrice a day at a gap of 4 hours every day except on the days you are taking any remedy as mentioned above.
calc fluor 6x
Mag Phos 6x
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
♡ kadwa last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.