suspect sinus infectionHi folks,
Please help. My daughter has been now sick for 5 days with what i suspect is a sinus infection..here's our history/symptoms:
1. Last thursday night, she feels hot at night - 101 fever
2. I gave her Aconite 30C 2 doses...no change...next morning, still 101F...later in a day 103F...she refuses food *she's 2, so doesn't talk yet*...visually, it's hard for her to swallow
3. I gave her Belladona 1 dose 30C...fever is still 103, no change.
4. Sat morning fever is down to 100F...by noon it's back up in 102 range...she's iritable, weepy...her nose is completely congested, she can't sleep..she developed mild dry caugh
5. Sat night, i gave her 2 doses of Arsenicum Album 30C...after a while fever came down in 100F range, but her moodiness increased
6. Yesterday she woke up feeling better...ate better...we took her outside...most of the day with fever below 100F...fever rose again towards the evening but i gave her another dose of Arsenicum Album 30C and fever dropped...however her breathing/congestion is worse *kinda like Darth Wader*
7. Last night was terrible. She woke up every hour asking to nurse or to drink cold water. She couldn't go back to sleep. Caugh still continues
8. She woke and couldn't eat anything, cried at the site of food...that's when i dawned on me - sinus infection. I gave her 1 dose Kali Bichromicum 30C - no change.
9. After i left for work her appetite improved and she ate a good meal *don't know if kali bichromicum kicked in or just less of post nasal drip*.
10. Ok, now i'll summarize the symptoms as i see it. Since she doesn't talk its hard to figure out what's bothering her:
- high fever for 3 days, now dropped to under 100F (the first couple of nights it was dry fever the last couple of nights she was sweaty at night)
- thirst for cold water
- my guess it's better outside *but i could be wrong&
- worse at night
- very sore throat *she sometimes holds her hand there*, difficulty swallowing
- very congested nose, but no discharge *after kali bichromicum there was a tiny bit of watery discharge..but very little*, hard breathing
- periods of racing pulse
- dry caugh, worse at night
- irritable, wants company but doesn't want to be touched...very, very restless, weepy
that's all i can see right now. Any suggestions? i was thinking of trying pulsatilla next...but i am getting tired of just 'trying'.
newstar on 2010-07-12
1. right before she got sick she started a new daycare, which was complete shock to her, hence my original choice of Aconite
2. On Friday, 2nd day of the illness, she threw up 3 times *her fever was pretty high that day*, but that was another reason i chose Arsenicum after Bell didn't work.
newstar last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.