Infant EczemaMy 4 month old son has had gradually worsening eczema on his head over the last month or so. He is an identical twin and his brother shows no symptoms. The rash began oh the back/top of his head and has worked around to his forehead and cheeks. What information is needed to determine proper remedy? I've heard both petroleum and sulphur may work. Thank you.
bacoj1 on 2011-01-05
♡ Homeopathy International 1 last decade
Age: 4 months
Body Type: Average (50-65 % in weight & length)
Weight: 15lbs 3oz
Have you used homeopathic medicines before? No, none If so what, and what homeopathic potencies did you use?
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering? Flaky, red, irritated, oozing, yellow crust, hot to touch, raised bumps
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body? Two swollen lymph nodes on neck
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings? N/A
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words. N/A
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease? Very mild symptoms at 3 weeks, then moderate, now severe. No prior disease.
6. Which time of the day you are worst? Morning
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc. Aggrivation when: rubbed, bathed with warm water, sweaty. No known ameliorate.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)? External=unknown, Internal=perhaps breastmilk?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather? Worse when dry, currently winter here with low humidity
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc. Agreeable, outgoing, peaceful, usually happy.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm? N/A
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times? Yes
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc? Yes
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc? N/A
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife? N/A
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions? N/A
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal, perhaps N/A at his age
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal at his age
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand? Unknown
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs? Average, but aggrivates condition
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type? Normal for age & breastfed baby
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping? Average sleep for age, prefers back
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? N/A
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others? N/A
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication? Topical calendula cream, symptoms worsened
22. What major diseases are running in your family? None known
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance. Healthy, handsome & happy (other than eczema)
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc. N/A
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner. No other ailments or disease, did have mild colic for roughly 3 weeks at 2 months
*has been breastfeeding exclusively for more than a month and doing great, had difficulty nursing at first, mother's diet is fairly well-balanced, twin brother shows no symptoms
bacoj1 last decade
Please give the remedies one by one.
You may give 4 doses of each remedy over 2 days once in the morning and at night daily and see how that affects in the next 3-4 days.
If there is no change from the remedy given you may give the next remedy in the manner already explained.
♡ kadwa last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.