≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum




Rhus Tox: $8.29



Remedy Finder:




Posts about Eczema

Graphites & Eczema2My boy has eye twitching and cold eczema7Eczema9dyshidrotic eczema4Scrotal Eczema65 months old baby severe eczema9Eczema4My 7 yr old son seems to have eczema7Toddler with very dry skin and eczema40childhood eczema6


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Advice needed for aggravation of rhus tox on 8 month old infant with atopic eczema

Hi, in my quest for a cure for my 8 month old son's eczema, we were recommended to a homeopath with 23 years of experience. after previous failed attempts with another homeopath, we decided to give it another try. He recommended rhus tox in an 0/1 (I presume LM01) potency. It was to be given 5 succussions, 5 drops in half glass of water and one teaspoon given twice a day. After 2 days, my son responded with a full blown hive like reaction. We called the homeopath and he recommended giving another dose further diluted in another half glass of water. By then, the reaction had calmed somewhat and the further dose caused another reaction which calmed as well. That night, my son slept slightly better. He suggested giving the twice diluted dose again but once a day. The third day, one dose was given and my son had a full blown aggravation. Eczema on his eyes (which he had when he was only 2 months but probably got suppressed by the cortisone creams) were out and he was basically covered in eczema all over. I called the homeopath as we were concerned and he was exceptionally clingy and he recommended giving a further dose thrice diluted and we did and there didn't seem to be a marked reaction. He said to call back with a response but when I did, he didn't respond. Which leaves me here. My question is, is this aggravation normal? Should I continue dose or should I stop and wait. I am most disappointed at the homeopath for not responding to my calls and concern. He said that such aggravation is not normal and he has not seen it in his 23 years of experience. I am truly concerned now. What do I do? I was planning to just leave it until monday and I will call his office again and try to reach him. I read somewhere that sometimes there is severe aggravation but then followed by marked improvement. Is this the severe aggravation that I should be waiting for and then followed by improvement. It seems to be improving, very very slightly and only on his face. What should I do? Advice and feedback would be most appreciated. Thank you.
  isabellesmom on 2006-12-16
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
I just wanted to add that I feel rhus tox is the right remedy for him; he is always restless, always in motion. HIs eczema is all over especially on his ankles and his face and neck which he scratches. He can't lie still to have his nappies changed and always has to scratch somewhere. He is a tall boy and weighs about 25 pounds. He has been taken off dairy and put on rice milk but no improvement in eczema. He is also quite stiff; we found this out by accident, he was sleeping and we were wanting to massage his feet to make him feel better and his feet was stiff; you'd think a baby would have relaxed when asleep but it was very stiff. Only until when he was very sound asleep was it relaxed. He likes baths; loves them and sometimes cries when taken out of them; wants the water quite warm and he would stay quite still in there else he wants to get out quickly. He is fair and light haired. Has wrinkled hands and feet and somewhat loose skin on neck due to eczema. Hands also seem somewhat swollen - oedema perhaps. Not vaccinated - only hep B given in hospital when born.
isabellesmom last decade
Dear isabellesmom,
Generally LM potency are safe . but unfortunately your problem are increases. You are advise to take rubrum 200 daily one dose for a week and report me.
dr.deoshlok sharma
deoshlok last decade
Could you tell me what rubrum would do for him please? Is this a good aggravation or is this really abnormal?
isabellesmom last decade
This drug will help to mimimise your aggravation and restore the improvement in cure of disease.
dr.deoshlok sharma
deoshlok last decade
Thank you; just wanted to add that a day since the original post, his face is slowly but surely clearing up. The redness is subsiding on his face. The rest of his body is still quite aggravated though. I read somewhere that we should wait and see what other improvements, if any, would occur. Is this right. I will try to get rubrum in the meantime.

His itching and scratching has not ceased though.
isabellesmom last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.