Hairloss 23 year old maleHi Joe,
About 6 months ago I started significantly shedding over about 200+ hairs a day. I believe it was due to mental stress. I have read conflicting posts about the use of arnica. Can you please tell me the exact recommendation and instructions? On some posts I have read 6c and others I have read 30c. Also, does it matter where I buy or which brand?
Teachme on 2011-01-16
Homeopathy International 1 last decade
Body Type: Slim
General appearance: Fit
Have you used homeopathic medicines before? If so what, and what homeopathic potencies did you use?
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering? Hair shedding
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body? Back Pain
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings? Anxiety, burning scalp, itching
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words. My scalp burns and itches. Sometimes face feels tight and it feels something is crawling on my scalp.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
It started 6 months ago when I was jokingly talking about hair and ran my hand through my hair. I noticed a strand or 2 after each time I stroke my hair. I began to panic, thinking I was losing my hair. A week or 2 later I then noticed my hair was shedding a tremendous amount after running my hand through it.
6. Which time of the day you are worst? It changes sometimes in the morning sometimes in the evening.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
I'm not sure, my mind is always focused on it but it seems the times its not as bad is if I'm able to not think about it.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Same in both weather conditions
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- I am typically very calm. This is the first time I have ever had an issue like this or felt this way.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
-Smell can give me a headache like perfume
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
-I feel good
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
-Losing my hair
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
-I don't really crave food.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
-I think normal
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
-I was having stomach issues especially to dairy but I started probiotics which resolved it.
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
-Sweat is normal
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
-Decent. I tend to only go to the bathroom once every day or every other day.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
-Sleeping has not been good at all the past several months. I can't get sleep
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
- yes, my scalp feels very unusual yet appearence wise there is no redness, or bumps. Just increased shedding and maybe some dandruff.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
-None that I know of.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
-Physically fit. Full head of hair but its just thinner. No one else really notices except for me.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
Teachme last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.