Cough for last 3 monthsPatient ID:
Sex: Male , Age: 34
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Ans: Cough generally dry. Relief after discharge of catarrh for awhile and again cough starts. Catarrh is blackish/whitish, more thick in the morning as compared to rest part of the day.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Ans: Tiredness, sometimes headache or pain in back or lower legs. Backpain/legpain is not all time, remains for a day and disappears other day.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Like to lying down quietly, avoid to talk anyone. Easily annoyed, but shortly cool down.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
Ans: Irritating, angry
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
Ans: for last many years many times I suffered from coryza foolowed by fever and cough especially in the beginning of winter. Inially watery dicharge from nose, then fever, then pain in throat, thick dicharge from nose, fever relieves and finally cough starts with catarrh from throat and ends with dry cough that continue for a month or more.
It repeats every time when I caught by cold.
Generally dry cough with tickling in the throat remains for most of the period and inreases with cold air, use of sweets, cold water, fatty foods
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
Ans: Not specific time, but cough is more in the morning and daytime as compared to night. It appears sometimes during sleep, but very rare.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Cold air, open air increases the problem. Cant withstand direct flow of cold air of AC or cooler even in summer. Ice cream/ cold drinks also not good for me.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
Ans: stool disturbed initially
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Ans: During hot wheather.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Ans: Quiet, irritating, lazy, moody, angry, dont like much rush or parties, loud music, avoid to attend occasions, fairwells, fares etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
Ans: Nose fingering
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
Ans: Want to be in touch, but dont like to meet them too much or to go on picnic with them. In family I like to share everything with wife, but dont like to speak much when I am in worry.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
Ans: Fears of loosing some opportunities, careers/Job etc remains continue. Negative Thinking about future or career.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Ans: Not specific craving. I Like sweets but cant take in excess. After 2-3 pieces I satisfied and dont like to take more.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Ans: Less, but when I feel thirsty, I avoid to take water, Generally not giving much importance to take water/foods on time.
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
Ans: Fatty food( like Samosa, pakora, prantha), Ice cream, cold drinks, tea, toffy, chocklate etc are not so good for me. Even I dont like these items except Samosa, pakora and prantha.
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
Normal but excessive on the lower part of legs ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Ans: Bowel movemets remains disturbed, even 8 years back I was very much affected by constipation, but now contipation is not continue like before, however, stomach not clears properly for few days, and when it clears, next day no bowl passed
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
Ans: no specific posture, but like to sleep alone. If someone sleep on my bed I cant take a sound sleep, not because of fear, but feels uncomfortable.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
Ans: Reserved type, soft spoken, cooperative, avoid to spend money on useless things. Dont like interference of others like neibours. Dont like to disclose my problems/ happiness to everyone.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Always tried to avoid allopathic medicine. Many homeopathic remedies used in life like Nux Vom. 30, Acconite 30 & 200, Ars Alb 30, Arnica 30, bell 30, Bry.30, Borax30, China 30, Acid Phos Q & 30, Ferrum Phos 6x&12x, all biochemic salts, Hep Sulp 30, Gels.30, Nat. Mur 30, Silicea 30, Phosphorus 200, Lyco 200 & 1M, Tuber 200, sulphur 200, ANTIM TART 30, Merc sol 30, lachesis 30 etc.
For last six month following remedies were used:
Acconite 30 initially then acco 200 to stop coryza. After that Ars. Alb 30 for 3 days for watery dicharge, then Bell30 for 2 days for Throat pain, then Gels 30 for thick discharge, Hep sul 30 for thick discharge from throat, Carbo veg 200 & Nux Vom 30 for Acidity.Bry 30 fro dry cough. At last Phosph 200 relieved the problem but thick catarrh fro throat remained continue on coughing. Phosph stopped and after 2 days water discharge from nose again started, Acco 200 gave relief, but cough again started. Now all remedies stopped and not feeling well.
Again feeling of coryza & cough continue
All above medicines were given by a homeo pathic practioner, except initial remedy Acon 30 & 200
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
Ans: Father high BP, stones in gall bladder
Mother : Sugar & high BP
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
Ans: Slim, 58 high, shy
AviatorR on 2011-03-03
Inula Helenium 30C, 2 pills, 3 times a day, for 3 days.
Report in 2 days.
Many prayers for your good health.
♡ nawazkhan 9 years ago
Actually, catarrh started after taking some grapes. should I avoid these things.
AviatorR 9 years ago
After going through your medical history, I am quite convinced that the medicine you need is Spongia.
Start at 200C. You may want to mix it with water. 10 small pills in a glass of water. Take a spoonful of this water every hour. Do you feel an improvement, stop right away, do not take more medicine.
Sincerely; Parakletos, a practitioner of classical homeopathy.
Parakletos 9 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.