PCOS - Need your suggestionsHi doctors,
I am diagnosed with PCOS and have been on homeopathy treatment from the last 2 years.
Sex: F Age: 25 Married
1. Describe your main suffering?
Suffering from irregular periods from the age of 15 and diagnosed with PCOS in the age of 18.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Occasional to frequent Migraine headaches
Back pain little backpain
Overweight 72 kgs and height -5 feet .5 inches
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
depression, anxiety, laziness sometimes,
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
Feel depressed ,worried thinking of children.
Feel like can I have the children or not.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
No diseases in the past.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
Probably in the morning
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Sun, Stress on eyes sitting on computer for long without proper lighting
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
mood changes during menstruation.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Feel better in the cold weather
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
People see me as cheerful and funny and outgoing.
But I sometimes get moody, lazy and emotional.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
Yes, but only by friends and husband.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
no not really.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
I have few close friends whom I count on for support.I feel lucky for that
I want my family to happy and healthy especially my parents.
I am very close to my husband and really want to spend more time with him.i cares him a lot and expects the same from him.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
No fears.no dreams as such.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
I like spicy food
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
head, underarms, face etc.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
8 to 10 hours a day.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
I think I am more mature than other people. I can get along well with most people. I can hide my emotions very well.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Allopathy hormones for PCOD, vasograin mograine(doesnt help),
Homeopathy Pulsatilla, Utrofyne, Glycomet (BP), other medicines doctors didnt give me the names
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
Cheerful appearance. 72kgs height maybe 5.5
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
If you are not having normal menstrual cycles, please answer the following questions:
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
Matured in the age of 13.at that time I used to get the periods regularly every month.
At the age of 15 had a tablet- promolin to postpone the period due to some function at home.
After this I got regularly for 2 to 3 months and from then the actual problem started- period cycle varied from 2 to 3 months.
Met a gynaecologist for this- she gave some hormonal tablets at that time by which I increased the weight.
I was under medication till my marriage.
I was married at 23 years to age.
Consulated gynaecologist after my marriage and she prescribed me krimson 35(birth control pills) for a year.
After that she gave me clomid- as we planned for a baby. but it did not work which resulted in allergies and other side effects.
From then I was on homeopathy treatment
Pulsatilla 200,sepia 200,bovista 200,apis mel 200, magnesia muriaticum-30 pc
magnesia sulphuricum 30pc
ficus indica-Q 30 ml
janosia asoka q 30 ml,Aurum iod,Nux moschata
From my observation
I have achne near the left jaw of my face.
And there are some swelling on my left breasts. This increases a lot if the periods are delayed.and comes to normal after menses.
Dark hair on my face.
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
Pain in back, pain on abdomen/ovaries
Abdomen pain/ovaries pain
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
Excessive with thick dark red clots
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
Sahithi123 on 2011-04-18
At present I am on bovista and sepia for the last 28 days
from the last 3 cycles I could observe that :
after the 14 day of the cycle I found some cramps and blood spoting.
This continued for 6 days.It is definitely not the actual menses.
And then after 28 days sever pain in the abdomen and on ovaries.
I got the menses only after having pulsatilla 200
I had my scanning done 6 months back showing pcos.
after the above observation my homeopathy doctor is not sure about the condition.
He is suspecting endometriosis.
He asked me to shift to allopathy.
So can anyone of you study my case and suggest me what treatment is necessary for me?
Is there any chance of resulting endometriosis during the above medication?
I am really very worried of this please help me.
Sahithi123 last decade
I would recommend you to take a single dose of Nux V 200. Please stop all other medications and report back in a week.
One dose means:
If the medicine is in pills/pellets form 4 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills. The medicine dissolve by itself, so you don't have to take water (as normally the case in allopathic medicine).
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 1 drop in half cup of water, stir it. Take only one tablespoon out of it and sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
[message edited by mani_jee on Mon, 18 Apr 2011 21:06:21 BST]
mani_jee last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.