HELP GastritisHello, am looking for any advice help. Suffered with Gastritis since February, though Omeprazole helped clear it up, but for the past 4 months it gave no relief, and have since discontinued use of drug.
I know believe I am suffering from the 'acid rebound' effect of coming off the drug and have severe stomach pain pretty much for the whole day, and worse after eating.
I am pretty much house-bound and take to my bed most days, surviving on a few crackers through the day as eating and now drinking is so uncomfortable.
My upper abdomen feels very sore and tender. My stomach has a burning sensation. I also feel very bloated and full after eating or drinking a miniscule amount. Constant burping too, occassional feelings of heartburn but ache in upper back also. It does very much feel like my stomach is inflammed perhaps due to the sudden increase in acid after discontinuing my PPI.
Can anyone suggest anything? A homeopath has recently tried on me 3 pills of arsen alb, 3 pills of nux vom and 3 pills of pulsatilla with no relief.
sambow on 2011-12-17
The following additional information is required to help you. Therefore, please do the best you can in providing a detailed and accurate data.
6. Height .
9. List of your complaints
10. Since how long are you suffering from each complaint
11. Diabetic or non-Diabetic
12. Desire sweets/sour/salt
14. Tongue and Taste
15. Current BP (without medicine and with medicine)
16. What exactly is happening?
17. How do you feel?
18. How does this affect you?
19. How does it feel like?
20. What comes to your mind?
21. One situation that had a
big effect on you?
22. How did that feel like?
23. What sensation do you experience in that situation?
24. What are you showing by that gesture of your hand (Habits or Actions)?
25. Current and previous remedies/medicines you are taking or took in the past?
26. Family Background
27. Educational Qualifications of the patient
28. Nature of work, what do you do for living?
29. Desires, likes and dislikes for food
30. Name of foods which increase your problem
31. Mind-behavior, anger, irritability, hurry, impatient and so on.. How are you different from other persons, public speaking or not , you can describe all of the details about your behavior, love and affections.
32. Aggravation (increases-time, season,)& Amelioration (Decreases)
33. Attached here your photographs of the affected area. (if required/optional)
34. Location of the disease
35. Side of the problem (Right or Left), (Upper or Lower part of body)
36. Color of the secretions/discharges e.g urine, stool, sputum, Saliva etc.
For Females Only
37. When is the period during the month approx date? Any monthly cycle issues? Regular, early, late, before problems, after problems, pain, any other discharges?
38. Are you pregnant? If yes, please give pregnancy start date? Any current issues?
♡ nawazkhan 9 years ago
5. around 6 1/2 stone
6. 5ft 3in
8. Cold winters, warm summers
9. Gastritis, acid/inflammation, sore burning feeling in stomach, then after eating small amount or drinking large amount feel bloated and full. Excessive burping after eating and drinking. Very occassional but not bothersome heartburn.
10. First got Gastritis in Jan/Feb 2011 after taking peppermint oil capsules, then resurfaced in Aug after taking anti-spasmodic drugs. After this Omeprazole hasn't helped so have been off this drug for nearly 2 weeks, but I assume I am currently suffering the 'acid rebound' effect. The burping has only started on this last bout. Heartburn only started since I've been off Omeprazole. So have been suffering on an extremely limited diet since Aug/Sept.
I also suffer with IBS, ahve for 6 yrs but this currently manageable, my main complaint is the gastritis. My IBS symptoms are usually bowel spasms, flatulence/trapped wind, frequent bowel movements, but not always loose. It only tends to bother me after certain trigger foods or times of stress.
Ironically I have gastritis trying to manage my IBS after trying certain anti-spasmodics which irritated my stomach lining. Now I would give anything just to have my IBS again.
12. Desire sweet salt equally
13. Not overly thirsty but know I am drinking less I have to make myself drink during the day.
14. Tongue is pinky red with light white coating most of the time. Not sure what you need to know about taste?
15. Not sure what my exact BP is but within normal range when tested.
16. This ailment is ruining my life, I am currently unemployed, claiming benefits because its leaving me so ill. I can barely eat anything substantial day to day, so weight loss and lack of energy, take to my bed most days.
17. I feel almost suicidal some days when symptoms are bad, its been a whole year of suffering I feel like I'll never be normal again.
18. When I'm feeling low I cry quite a bit, feel very sorry for myself. I have a very loving and sympathetic family but I feel jealous of everyone else leading normal lives, I just wanna be back to my old self.
19. I feel like I have not much to live for right now, like things will never be better.
20. I start to picture the past and wish I was back there, I would change certain decisions, such as never eating a certain meal with gave me food poisioning which gave me IBS, or never taking the anti-spasmodics drugs that gave me gastritis.
21. Had a long term boyfriend who well and truly screwed me over. Gave everything for him, gave him place to stay when he was homeless and unemployed (I was just a student at the time) he later ended by stealing from me and cheating on me. He betrayed me and a massive scale, I never thought someone who was supposed to love you could treat you in such a way. It has largely effected my out-look on life and other people and relationships. Have very low self-esteem now and no confidence.
22/23. Hurt, depression, then anger then bitterness.
24. Not sure what you mean?
25. The homeopathic remedies I have mentioned in my original post. I was on Omeprazole but no longer. Also been on Amitriptyline for couple of years to help with anxious sleep but discontinued that with the Omeprazole. Currently taking DGL Licorice, Slippery Elm Tea, A probiotic supplement with some amino acids. Chew on papaya tablets after eating. Take Sucralfate before bed to coat stomach during the night.
26. Family of 5 - Mum & Dad and I am one of three girls. Very loving, secure family, though parents have recently been under some stress to do with my grandmother, she came to live with us due to poor health but has since gone into nursing home. She has a very difficult personality and would often clash with my mother, who only wanted to care for her in her old age. My dad as a result ended up on anti-depressants. But day to day things are fine and normal. I do not overly notice the mental state of my parents they tend to carry on regardless. I admire them greatly. Sisters are both living with partners very happy and settled in careers.
27. Graduated in 2009 Bachelor in Applied Social Sciences (Criminology & Psychological Sciences).
28. Have been unemployed since.
29. I just desire food in generally, to able to have to have breakfast, lunch and dinner like everyone else. I can't take rich foods or creamy foods that aggravate my IBS or too much fibre. Soft cheeses are a IBS trigger for example. But miss my usually diet of cereal, sandwiches, pasta.
30. ANy food right now causes me pain, but I imagine anything too acidic or rich would upset me. Anything too hard to digest. Haven't had any hot food for months now.
31. I am an introvert, shy, hate public speaking and being centre of attention. Not a very angry or confrontational person, I can occassionally get irritable and impatient but not often. Am just very low right now. I wouldn't go as far to say I have OCD but I like to do things my own way, I have a particular order about things, but I am not obsessively tidy or anything. I like to have projects. When I'm feeling normal, I can be loving and affectionate with certain people. Currently I tend to keep my distance from entering anything romantically. I suffer with a bit of anxiety too, not too the extent of panic attacks but certain situations - often social or eating in public I shy away from. Sometimes feel anxious when I cant sleep. Tend to bottle things up also, do not want to burden other people with my problems.
32. Symptoms are aggravated after eating, get worse as day goes on, from approx 4pm am in pain for rest of evening. Season doesn't seem to affect the gastritis. But hot summer weather sometimes exacerbates IBS.
34. Epigastric region. Pain sore feeling can circle around ribs below bust upper abdomenal.
35. No particular side. All upper abdomenal.
36. Overly normal, brown stools, clear - light yellow urine, clear salvia.
37. Am currently on contraceptive pills. Dietician this year told me I had lost so much weight that we could of expected my period to have naturally stopped. So I do not know my 'normal cycle'.
38. I am not pregnant.
sambow 9 years ago
Please start taking Pulsatilla Q, 4 drops mixed in 1/4 cup of mineral water, 3 times a day, for 3 days.
Report progress after a couple of days.
Many prayers for your good health.
♡ nawazkhan 9 years ago
sambow 9 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.