calc carbcalc carb covers ALL of my symptoms!!! at the homeopathy pharmacy the sales person suggested that I take 200c 3 pellets 3x a day for 3 days!can someone please help me and tell me if this is OK, please tell me what do you suggest, thank you
- mind; emotions, feelings, attitude, disposition; unhappy; sadness, mental depression:
- mind; insecure, uncertain, scared; anxiety; about future;
- mind; talking, conversation
- eye; inflammation;
- eye; itching; corner; ;
- eye; swellings; corner;
- eye; tears;
- vision; long-sighted (near objects blurred);
- nose; smell; lost sense of smell;
- face; swelling;
- face; lips; chapped;
- face; expression; old looking;
- mouth; teeth; pain;
- Burning pain at tip of tongue;
- throat; voice; hoarseness; morning; ;
- throat; pain; sore;
- Swollen abdomen
- abdomen; as if something were in abdomen
- Increase of fat in abdomen
- abdomen; pulsation;
- abdomen; swelling
- abdomen; pain; sore, bruised, tenderness, etc.; behind lower ribs; ;
- abdomen; bloated;
- abdomen; enlarged;
- abdomen; inflammation;
- abdomen; stomach; appetite; ravenous, excessive;
- abdomen; stomach; pulsation;
- abdomen; stomach; indigestion;
- abdomen; stomach; distended (swollen from inner pressure);
- abdomen; stomach; heartburn;
- abdomen; stomach; burping, belching;
- rectum; itching; like insects crawling on skin in anus;
- genitals; female; burning;
- genitals; female; irritation; itching; burning;
- back; swelling; dorsal (shoulder level); ;
- sleep; waking; frequent; ;
- sleep; sleeplessness, insomnia; ;
- sleep; sleepiness, tiredness; morning; ;
- skin; itching;
- generalities; pulsation;
- generalities; swelling; puffy;
- generalities; swelling; glands; painless;
- generalities; obesity;
- generalities; heaviness; internally; ;
maryam on 2012-04-02
Translation across from symptoms to rubrics is not a simple job and takes skill. Even more importantly, choosing which symptoms to use is vital to get to the right remedy. You do not just throw every little symptom you have in to the analysis.
As an example, let me show you how this list is not appropriate for finding a remedy.
Symptoms which are too general (not differentiated by peculiarity or modalities/characteristics)
mind; emotions, feelings, attitude, disposition; unhappy; sadness, mental depression:
mouth; teeth; pain;
throat; pain; sore
abdomen; stomach; indigestion
abdomen; stomach; heartburn
sleep; sleeplessness, insomnia
So those symptoms need to be removed as they lead nowhere.
Secondly, you have repeated symptoms in several places, which unnaturally weights the analysis in favor of particular remedies.
Swollen abdomen + Increase of fat in abdomen + abdomen bloated + abdomen enlarged + stomach distended (this has hugely distorted the analysis by bringing up similar remedies 5 times)
Genitals, female, burning + genitals, female, irritation, itching burning
Sleep waking frequent + Sleep, sleepless, insomnia
Thirdly, some of these symptoms are not really symptoms at all and are healthy functions of the body or are normal reactions to other problems mentioned (and so do not constitute part of the remedy picture).
mind; talking, conversation
Abdomen, stomach, burping, belching
Sleep, sleepiness, tiredness, morning (because you have insomnia)
Fourthly, rather than repertorizing each little symptom, they can and should be grouped into general groups based on common features like pains or sensations.
Eye, inflammation + abdomen, inflammation = Inflammation generally
Eye, itching, corner + rectum, itching, like insects + genitals, irritation, itching, burning = itching generally
Burning pain at tip of tongue + stomach, heartburn + Genitals, female, burning = burning generally
Eyes, swelling, corner + swollen abdomen + abdomen enlarged + stomach distended + generals swelling puffy + generals swelling glands = swelling generally
So you would just look up 4 symptoms here not 14 - Inflammation, Itching, Burning, Swelling.
Out of the remaining symptoms, there are a few that are peculiar and should be placed at the top of the anlyasis (given greater weight then the others).
Mind, insecure, anxiety about the future
Face, expression, old looking
Abdomen, as if something were in the
Rectum, itching, like insects crawling on skin in anus
Then next I would weight the following generals:
Stomach, appetite, ravenous, excessive
Glands, swelling, painless
Anything that came up for those 7 symptoms I would take particular notice of. Then I would reorganise all the symptoms on the basis I have given, and add what is left, but they would be of less importance so no remedy needs to cover all the less important symptoms.
Professional Classical Homoeopath
Registered ATMS 5141
♡ brisbanehomoeopath 9 years ago
I have been going to the doctors for the past 5 years, they couldn't find much, they told me I have IBS!!!
when doctors asked me to describe my problems, I told them I am inflammed, and you are right about 4 main stmptoms:
Inflammation, Itching, Burning, Swelling.
maryam 9 years ago
maryam 9 years ago
The following additional information is required to help you. Therefore, please do the best you can in providing a detailed and accurate data.
6. Height .
9. List of your complaints
10. Since how long are you suffering from each complaint
11. Diabetic or non-Diabetic
12. Desire sweets/sour/salt
14. Tongue and Taste
15. Current BP (without medicine and with medicine)
16. What exactly is happening?
17. How do you feel?
18. How does this affect you?
19. How does it feel like?
20. What comes to your mind?
21. One situation that had a
big effect on you?
22. How did that feel like?
23. What sensation do you experience in that situation?
24. What are you showing by that gesture of your hand (Habits or Actions)?
25. Current and previous remedies/medicines you are taking or took in the past?
26. Family Background
27. Educational Qualifications of the patient
28. Nature of work, what do you do for living?
29. Desires, likes and dislikes for food
30. Name of foods which increase your problem
31. Mind-behavior, anger, irritability, hurry, impatient and so on.. How are you different from other persons, public speaking or not , you can describe all of the details about your behavior, love and affections.
32. Aggravation (increases-time, season,)& Amelioration (Decreases)
33. Attached here your photographs of the affected area. (if required/optional)
34. Location of the disease
35. Side of the problem (Right or Left), (Upper or Lower part of body)
36. Color of the secretions/discharges e.g urine, stool, sputum, Saliva etc.
For Females Only
37. When is the period during the month approx date? Any monthly cycle issues? Regular, early, late, before problems, after problems, pain, any other discharges?
38. Are you pregnant? If yes, please give pregnancy start date? Any current issues?
♡ nawazkhan 9 years ago
I will post my intake form as well. You can choose who you want to take advice from.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GIVING YOUR CASE
Go through each problem one at a time giving a full description of what happens, what pains and sensations you get, what makes it worse and what makes it better, the history of the complaint including when it started and what was happening around that time.
Write a separate section for each problem. Cover even the smallest problems you have.
If any of your symptoms occur together, or immediately before or after one another this is important to note as well.
Do not give single word or short sentence descriptions. The more information you give the better I will be able to help.
Do not read up on the remedies and discuss them. Do not attempt to use the Remedy Finder program on this site. Try to keep yourself apart from all the information about remedies on the internet. Such research on your part actually makes it harder to find the right remedy for you not easier.
Whenever you describe a sensation or pain, try to help me to imagine having that same pain. For example, what would have to happen to me to recreate that symptom?
Allow yourself to diverge if you wish. If discussing the problem brings up any emotional or mental issues, then discuss them.
Do not edit your report, except for spelling mistakes. It is important that even if you use the wrong word, you write that. You can correct yourself in the next sentence.
If you have not done this by the time you have covered your problems, discuss the problems you have generally had in your life. What have been the big traumas, the big issues for you? Where have you felt unable to change, where do you get stuck repeating the same behaviours?
Also discuss the issues you might have had in childhood. Talk about your family, your upbringing, your parents. What kind of child were you? What did you fear, what did you aspire to, what do you remember the most?
Lastly talk about the way in which you handle or cope with your problems. What are the patterns that reoccur in your life? How do you find yourself managing your problems, even if it is not successful? To what degree do your problems affect you? How do you think everything will work out in the end for you?
There will almost certainly be more questions from me after this to clarify and to explore further.
General health questions:
1. What foods and drinks do you crave? A craving is not just liking something but a very strong desire that you must fulfill very often.
2. What foods and drinks do you hate?
3. What kinds of weather and temperature are you sensitive to?
4. Is there anything else in the environment you seem more affected by than other people?
5. What times of the day do you feel at your best and your worst?
6. What problems do you have with sleep?
7. What kind of dreams do you have? If you have a reoccurring dream or pattern in your dreams, please describe them.
8. What is your physical energy like? Are particular activities difficult for you?
9. What kinds of medical treatment have you had in the past? Have there been any bad reactions to medicines, including vaccines?
Professional Classical Homoeopath
Registered ATMS 5141
♡ brisbanehomoeopath 9 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.