15 year old son with pilonidal cystI respectfully request and thank in advance anyone who can help me treat my 15-year-old boy who is suffering from pilonidal cyst disease.
I have read most posts for this and I am touched by the diligent and caring guidance given to those suffering from this dreadful disease. God Bless you all!
Because of my sons young age, disposition and early medical history with this disease his case differs from what Ive read. I am not sure what treatment would be best for his specific care. Please help. I have entered information I hope will be useful. Thank-you!
5) Weight- 115.2 lbs
6) Height-116cm (56)
8) Climate-cold (Minnesota)
9) List of complaints-pilonidal cyst
10) How long suffering-4 months
11)Diabetic or not-not diabetic
12) Desire sweets/sour/salt-likes sour (pickles) and desires salty food
14) Tongue and taste-normal
15) BP-not sure-normal during Drs visits
16) What exactly is happening? - Painful, hard 2cm wide, 5 cm long cyst with swelling started 4 months ago. Located, just left of center of tailbone extending from top left side of buttock crease going down. At first had pain while sleeping and occasional sharp pain when sitting. No drainage or opening. Pediatrician diagnosed pilonidal cyst and referred to pediatric surgeon. Put on antibiotics for 10 days. Less swelling around cyst but cyst size remained unchanged. Swelling returned 4 days later and in pain again. Now on another 10 days of same antibiotics -on day 6 now. Cyst size still same, but with less swelling again same as before. Still no drainage. Told to schedule incision and drainage if swelling returns but have to wait until its so painful he cannot tolerate even being touched there with a cotton ball. Told since more cyst than swelling might benefit from surgically removing cyst but surgeon would remove extensive tennis ball size amount of tissue and fears that would deform as thin a boy as my son plus cyst would most likely return. Told he is hairy, active and as long as cyst is present even without swelling, swelling will return, get worse and he will eventually need surgeries.
I refuse to have this barbaric, ineffective surgical treatment. and subject him to years of pain and suffering similar to the poor souls looking for help on this forum. I would like to treat this problem homeopathically and not wait until the problem escalates as the surgeon suggests once antibiotics stop again.
17) Current and previous remedies/medicines you are taking or took in the past. First time he took Cephalexin 500mg 3 caps a day for 10 days and heating pad.
This second time now on same antibiotic-on day 6 of 10. Also taking orally 1 cap. each of garlic capsule, turmeric, fenugreek and multivitamin. As bedtime-Castor oil with tea tree oil compress with heating pad over site followed by hot tub bath in bathwater with Epsom salt. Tylenol for pain as needed. I also give him raw garlic cloves.
Family background-living with single mom and elderly grandparents.
Educational qualifications-high school student
Desires/likes and dislikes for food-likes macaroni, bread, salad, beefsteak, some vegetables, dislikes most fruits. Fast-food when running to afterschool activities. Likes spicy food-Indian and Chinese
Foods that increases problem-not sure
Mind, behavior- very, very active physically and mentally very-sharp mind thoughts race faster than can express them verbally or in writing. Needs little sleep. Very comfortable in the cold-sleeps open window, shorts in late Autumn; no coat, only light jacket worn in Minnesotas cold winter. Many diverse interests-Hockey, Boyscouts, Singing, Model UN. Very outgoing, friendly, polite, kindhearted, talkative, good debater, loves learning about many various things.
Aggravation-sitting on cyst;decreasing symptoms-less pain with current regime but only while still on antibiotics
SilvaKanc on 2012-12-03
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.