I have all symptoms of a Pilonidal CystHello all. :)
First I would like to say how thankful I am for this forums existence! Natural treatments have always made me a lot more comfortable than conventional medicine. This may be a long post. Forgive my ramblings. Hopefully the details are helpful.
When I was younger (somewhere around age 13?) I was sitting alone in a hammock. My friend ran up to the hammock and quickly sat down in it next to me causing it to fall to the ground. I felt a sharp and constant stabbing pain in my tailbone. Upon a visit to the Doctor, I was informed that my tailbone had been fractured! The Doctor said I was young and should heal fast and well. It did. The reason why I mentioned this injury is because it seems I have all of the symptoms of a reoccurring Pilonidal Cyst.
Around the age of (20?) I noticed a sharp pain above the cleft of my buttocks. Upon looking in the mirror I noticed a pimple like red bump. My lovely Mother always informed me never to 'pop' a pimple as it can cause it to spread. I dealt with it until the pain became so severe it was hard to dress myself. Upon applying a great deal of pressure I was able to pop it. Instantly the pain was gone and I assumed it was only a pimple. The spot healed and has never caused me any problems since.
Now I am 29 years old. About a month and a half ago I noticed it hurt my rear to sit down. When I woke up the next morning I was in severe pain. I looked in the mirror and there was a pink spot a bit below where the cleft in my buttocks starts (towards the top). Towards the end of the day walking was painful. By the third or fourth morning I was bedridden. Pain coursed through what now appeared to be an abscess the size of a large black olive. For hours I looked up possible symptom matches on the internet. All of my symptoms matched a condition called a Pilonidal Cyst.
All of my friends insisted I see a Doctor at once. I refused. When I was 3 I contracted Mycoplasma pneumoniae. I remember everything. The Doctors and nurses placed me in a (near) comatose state. I lost 33% of my bodyweight. I could see, hear, and understand everything going on around me but I was in a state of paralysis. I almost died twice. I was NOT going to a Doctor! I only see a doctor for occasional physicals. I do not take any medications, not even Aspirin. Thankfully I do not get sick often, not even headaches.
Back to the story. After doing much research online I found a consistent recommendation for using castor oil packs on the condition I appeared to have. Tea Tree oil was consistently mentioned.
My wonderful Mother helped me a great deal that afternoon. Later that afternoon my Mother arrived at my home with a bounty of natural supplements. She purchased a large bottle of castor oil and a small vial of undiluted tea tree oil. She also brought me delicious organic veggies for my juicer! Since I was ill I couldn't shop for my veggies or really do anything. Mom had spoken to her Homeopathic Counselor and this is what Ms. Judy recommended for specific juicing.
2 Kale leaves (large leaves or equivalent small to equal 2 large leaves), 1 cucumber, one handful of baby carrots or 1 large carrot, 1/2 large bell pepper (green), 1 green apple (optional, for taste. I never liked the taste of bell pepper.), 1 small handful of parsley (leaves and stems), 1 stalk of celery. Juice all and drink once daily, preferably upon waking or in the morning. Ms. Judy said I could drink all of this juice I wanted. I found out in the next days that I craved it often... And it was delicious!
My Mother also picked up the following supplements and some were recommended by Ms Judy when I was well enough to limp into her store. They were also my daily regimen for the time of my healing and one week after I was nearly healed. I took all of these once daily, in the morning with my juice.
Kyo-Green Harvest Blend Immune Defense (Superfood Supplement- powdered form. I mixed one dose with the abovementioned juice blend.
GarlicRich Super Strength Garlic Concentrate- 500 mg Enetrric Coated softgels 4 per day.
Thymus Plus Caps- for glandular health. My adrenal gland on my right side of my groin had swelled up with the abscess after a few days. Ingredients Thymus (bovine) 260 mg, Lymph (bovine) 160 mg, Spleen (bovine) 160 mg. Echinacea purpurea (root), Goldenseal (root), Clove (flower), Calcium Sulphate 3x, Potassium Chloride 3x, Sodium Chloride 6x, and Silica 6x.
Bioplasma cell salts- Calc Flour 6x HPUS, Calc Phos 3x HPUS, Calc Sulph 3x HPUS, Ferrum Phos 3x HPUS, Kali Mur 3x HPUS, Kali Phos 3x HPUS, Kali Sulph 3x HPUS, Mag Phos 3x HPUS, Nat Mar 6x HPUS, Nat Phos 3x HPUS, Nat Sulphuricum 3x HPUS, Silicea 6x HPUS. These were tiny 'dissolve under tongue' type pills which I took 5 per day.
Grapefruit seed extract (liquid and in natural concentration.)
Tumeric 400 mg
The healing process took about eight days if I recall correctly. Upon closer inspection of my buttocks I noticed the 'pimple' from when I was younger had left a hole or sinus. This is not near the area that abscesses though. Seriously I wasn't surprised that I never noticed it before. I thoroughly wash my behind but I don't stare closely at it in the mirror to do so lol!
It was awful, but it seemed to be over. I didn't mind the pain so much, I was more concerned that something was seriously out of balance in my body. Since I can remember my parents always adored natural things. Growing up I was surrounded by fresh seasonal vegetables from our huge family garden. My pets were my friends and my 'children'. My family and friends were my life and love. I was always so healthy. What could I have done to upset my body so much?!
I learned there are several theories behind the reason for Pilonidal Cysts. Often they are caused by ingrown hairs in the cleft of one's buttocks. I read it can be caused/inflamed by (you guessed it) injury to the tailbone. Sitting down for long periods can also be to blame. Wait... I am a PC gamer! I didn't understand until it all made sense. I used to be much more active. Workouts, yoga and stretching are part of my daily fitness but....I was sitting down for too long. That didn't last long! Thankfully I was feeling better and wouldn't have to go through it all again...hopefully?...? Nope!
It came back just as it was almost completely healed. A few days ago I felt the familiar pain. I didn't give it time to mature into the chaotic madness previously experienced. Immediately I applied castor oil packs and tea tree oil. It helped a bit but it did indeed come back, just as bad as before. The only difference is that it began to drain much quicker this time :) If you have ever had a similar experience you know that the pressure before draining is very painful. The relief I felt when I finally slept after 30 hours in a sleepless pain was much appreciated!!!
So in conclusion, none of this seemed to prevent another abscess. If anyone has any ideas they will be much appreciated.
I see this a lot on the forums so here are my personal details:
1. ID - BeautyInEverything
2. Age - 29
3. Sex - Female
4. Single/Married - Married (no kids only pets)
5. Weight - 193 (dense muscle, athletic build, normal body fat.)
6. Height - 5' 6'
7. Country - United States of America
8. Climate - State of Texas: Usually warm, wet cold winters, humid. Have lived here my whole life so I don't notice the humidity until someone mentions it lol.
9. List of your complaints - Matching symptoms of Pilonidal Cyst. Abscess in upper right cleft of buttocks. Has occurred mildly once and severely twice. I am capable of dealing with the pain but I worry of future health concerns. Would like to heal it naturally and permanently if possible.
10. Since how long are you suffering from each complaint -
1st Occurrence around age 20.
2nd occurrence age 29
3rd occurrence 1 month. (approximately) after 2nd.
11. Diabetic or non-Diabetic -
12. Desire sweets/sour/salt -
Sweets ^^ I do try to limit such things though!
13. Thirst - I am rarely thirsty, Only with much conscious effort am I able to stay healthily hydrated. Since I have been ill I am much thirstier than usual. I have always consumed a lot of water and fruit juice... thanks MOM! Close to one gallon and a half of water per day. I drink cows milk daily. It is the kind which does not have GMOs. I drink fruit juice 100% with no preservatives other than a bit of vitamin C. I also juice my own organic fruits. Also I prefer drinks at room temperature or a bit cooler, I do not use much ice.
14. Tongue and Taste - I have a good sense of taste and adore preparing home-cooked meals. I eat more raw and uncooked foods than cooked. They taste better to me.
15. Current BP (without medicine and with medicine) -
I do not take any medications of any kind, only supplements and only if something is wrong. If I take supplements when I am healthy I sweat them out. Smelling like vitamins is not preferable to me lol. It is a bit elevated due to me just changing my dressing on the wound. Will have to measure when not recovering from pain :( It is usually around normal (130/80) or a bit lower, if that helps.
16. What exactly is happening? - Still in a bit of pain but feeling much better since wound is now draining.
17. How do you feel? - Like my usual self. Outgoing and bright. Talkative and in a cheerful mood. :)
18. How does this affect you? - It is painful. Other than the pain and limited range of motion I feel wonderful and energetic.
19. How does it feel like? Painful and I am annoyed that I cannot run with my dogs or workout.
20. What comes to your mind? - Hope :D
21. One situation that had a
big effect on you? - The passing of my cherished Grandfather.
22. How did that feel like? - Sad for the loss of such a wonderful and great man. Happy that he was no longer in pain. Hopeful that I will be able to see him smile and hear him speak again someday. Brings tears to my eyes if I think of him. I rarely ever cry.
23. What sensation do you experience in that situation? - A glowing sensation of hope and a warm feeling of memories with him.
24. What are you showing by that gesture of your hand (Habits or Actions)? - I use my hands sometimes when I am excited during conversations. I guess about the average amount.
25. Current and previous remedies/medicines you are taking or took in the past? - Abovementioned in post. I apply a paper towel with a large amount of castor oil to the abscess. Sometimes I add grapefruit seed extract or undiluted Tea Tree Oil to the castor oil. It is secured by my underwear. I have never taken medications except when I was 3 (above). I have had Doctors prescribe medications and dentists as well. Pain meds and antibiotics but I usually don't fill the Rx or I just fill them and end up throwing them out. My body doesn't react well to artificially created chemical medicines/conventional medicine at all. Even after a root canal I only took one pain pill then in the trash they went. I have a very high pain tolerance.
26. Family Background - This will be long. Apologies in advance! -
My Mother's side of my family are quite healthy. The only diseases/conditions/ailments are caused by actions. For example my Grandfather on my Mother's side has has heat exhaustion, strokes, and a mild heart attack. All of these were due to him staying outside in the heat (on his tractor) for too long. Also he was dehydrated from not taking breaks in the summer sun. Paw Paw is going to turn 90 this year and is doing well. He looks like he is 60! My Grandmother was diabetic (Mother's side). Now for Daddy's side :O
Lung C4ncer, Diabetes, Extreme Obesity, Emphysema, Congenital Heart Disease, SEVERE mental disorders: Anxiety Attacks/Panic Atacks, Schizophrenia, many other undiagnosed illnesses.
27. Educational Qualifications of the patient - Private School Kindergarten
-Public School 1st through 9th
-Homeschooled through remainder of High School. Graduated 1 1/2 years early.
-Certified Basic Firefighter
_Some basic EMT training.
-Some college credits from Fire School but no degrees.
28. Nature of work, what do you do for living? -
I do not work. I groomed pets from the age of 18 until I was married about 3 years ago (age 26). My Husband is out of town a lot and likes to see me when he is home. He works and I take care of the house.
29. Desires, likes and dislikes for food - I crave red meat and starch type foods. I like carbohydrates and lots of grains. Pasta and cereal. Most of the foods I like I do not eat much of since I am no longer as active as I was before being married. Now my diet consists of mostly vegetables and fruits. Rice is an almost daily favorite as it satisfies my carb/starch cravings. I eat a bit of meat and cheese daily but not much. I love bread but only eat two pieces per week as advised by my homeopathic counselor. Instead of bread I have either tortillas or crackers. I like free range chicken eggs or fertile chicken eggs (if available). Chicken and fish have replaced beef and pork. I eat a lot of chicken instead of red meat. I do not eat much seafood but I love wild caught tuna, talapia, halibut and cod. I do not eat fish as often as I would like as the fish I do eat is mail ordered and quite expensive. If I have a craving for sweets and fruit isn't doing the job I eat either a naturally made preservative free brand of ice cream or we make homemade ice cream. We own several of the old hand crank ice cream machines :) Yummy but a very seldom treat as it is veryyyy rich in fats.
30. Name of foods which increase your problem - I have tried and tested and changing my diet hasn't affected the problem.
31. Mind-behavior, anger, irritability, hurry, impatient and so on.. How are you different from other persons, public speaking or not , you can describe all of the details about your behavior, love and affections. -
I am a thinker, problem solver. Usually my friends come to me for advice and I have been told I have a lot of life's knowledge to be so young. People call me an 'old soul' or 'old fashioned' a lot, but in a positive way. I am very energetic. I talk a lot lol.
I have always felt in great harmony with animals of all types. I have cared for and rehabilitated wild animals from childhood. I currently care fot 6 cats (all abandoned or unwanted), 3 dogs (same), and a squirrel who was so badly injured when I found him that his growth was stunted to half. He lives in a large enclosure with his 'brother' who is a cat. Sadly he can't run so he could not be released back into the wild :( Also the workers at the nearest wild squirrel rehabilitation said he would have to live alone since he can't defend himself. He was great friends with my two ferrets and one very special cat who thinks he is a ferret. I couldn't bear the thought of him being alone with no other creature to play with so with permission from our wild game department I kept him. His friend the cat lost a brother and was mourning so badly until I found the squirrel. They saves each other ^^. Sadly my ferrets passed but the cat is still quite young. He is a wonderful gentle soul and always makes sure the squirrel is happy. The cat even lets the squirrel eat the best bits of dinner. Yes my cats like fruit lol. Anyway, I'll stop there. You don't want me getting started on my pets. I wont stop haha. They all have their stories... I could easily write a book on them. I also adore writing too. Ever since I was young I have liked to write, paint, draw and build things. I am a fixer of broken toys and a maker of weird and entertaining toys for kids. My mind is like a sponge, it likes to learn as much as possible about things that I find interesting. I find most things interesting! My mind is quite easily entertained and not easily bored. I have many projects going at once and I finish them in due time. I like to have a variety of things to stay occupied. I do not like to sit idly and do nothing yet I do meditate sometimes.
32. Aggravation (increases-time, season,)& Amelioration (Decreases) -
Aggrivations are a rarity. I am not easily angered and am called 'easy going' and 'not easily offended' by some of my more boisterous friends. Honestly the only thing that aggravates me is people that lie. I will think more on this one. Nobody has ever asked me what makes me aggravated.... Interesting.
33. Attached here your photographs of the affected area. (if required/optional) - I hope it doesn't come to this but if you need pictures just ask. :O I have never taken a picture of my bottom O.O
34. Location of the disease - Cleft of buttocks
35. Side of the problem (Right or Left), (Upper or Lower part of body) - The abscess is located just below the cleft of my buttocks slightly off center to my right side.
36. Color of the secretions/discharges e.g urine, stool, sputum, Saliva etc. - Urine is a bright (almost fluorescent yellow) This is normal for me as my body releases and extra vitamins/supplements/minerals... and I am taking a lot of them! Usually it is clear with a slight yellow tint.
Stool - normal. I eat a lot of green leaves so... yeah lol. Leafy?
Sputum - I do not have sputum. If I do it is clear.
The wound has a discharge of pus. It began as a brownish yellow color and had a bit of blood during last bandage change. Same as the first time I had the abscess. Hopefully it is healing, as last time when it began to change color it healed quickly thereafter.
Saliva - normal.
Also worth mentioning... I love healthy things but I smoke. Don't laugh, I am trying to quit! The people at the health stores laugh and say I am the healthiest smoker they know haha!
Wow... that's a long post O.o Sorry for the length. Hopefully this is in the correct place? I do not have a lot of experience with forums. I guess I'll go work on my book :D Thank you for taking the time to read my post! God bless and/or much luck to you all!
BeautyInEverything on 2013-03-07
BeautyInEverything last decade
♡ nawazkhan last decade
BeautyInEverything last decade
'37. When is the period during the month approx date?
Any monthly cycle issues? Regular, early, late, before problems, after problems,
pain, any other discharges?
38. Are you pregnant? If yes, please give pregnancy start date? Any current issues? '
♡ nawazkhan last decade
38. No, not pregnant.
BeautyInEverything last decade
Please take Berberis Vulgaris 1x, 4 drops mixed in 1/4 glass of mineral water, 3 times a day, for 4 days.
You must stop taking any other remedy or supplement during this course.
Also, get hold of Hypericum 200c, Alumen 8x and Silicea 1m.
Pus forming food items such as red meat, pork, rice, potatoes, cauliflower, peas, cold drinks, ice cream and milk should be avoided at this time.
Many prayers for your speedy recovery.
♡ nawazkhan last decade
BeautyInEverything last decade
♡ nawazkhan last decade
BeautyInEverything last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.