Terrible Seasonal AllergiesHi i just found this forum and thought to ask fro some help.
It seems that each persons case is a bit different and has different root causes.
So i am wondering if anyone can advise me how to cure me and my son of our seasonal allergies that we are experiencing in New York
Mine started about 6 years ago
My eyes run terribly and are red and itchy, roof of my mouth itches and i feel utterly consumed by the irritations to the point of distraction
I have been taking Zyrtec but it only partially works and makes me feel lethargic.
I have been taking Boiron pills but they dont seem to help and my 3 year old soon is taking Hyland Allergy pills but no real change for him either.
Hes seems to suffer worse than me.
His allergist said he is allergic to tree Pollens, Dust, Cockraoches.
So we keep the house clean, windows closed and bath and change clothes when we return home.
But at night he is so congested he can barely sleep. Sometimes we give him Zyrtec as his pediatrican prescribed but i dont feel i works nor is a viable remedy.
Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.
jukihouse on 2013-05-18
Where are you in New York? NYC or upstate?
What is the boiron remedy you are taking now?
There are two ways to go at this homeopathically.
One is to take remedies that are prescribed based on your
constitution. Which is having a homeopath look at your total
physical, emotional, mental totality and find a remedy that is
going to boost your vital force/immune system back up where it
needs to be, and you won't have allergies anymore- bc they are
the immune system being out of whack and over-reacting to these
things as if they are a threat.
Sometimes you can find 'acute' remedies that match the allergy
symptoms and people get huge relief or partial relief and need
to do this while allergy season is going on and then do the
constitutional treatment when things are not so intense. Sometimes,
one is lucky and the remedy picked to fix symptoms now clears
the entire thing.
I had terrible pollen allergies, homeopathy cured them , but it took a year and about
3 remedies to do it. You have a lot of good homeopaths in NY, which is why I was asking
where you are to see if I could suggest some for you.
Do you have an air cleaner with the hepa filter? I used that when I had allergies and had
one in the bedroom ( with the windows shut and that thing running all day) so then I
had a 'clean room' to go into and could sleep in there and regain energy. I also suggest
that you get a salt water nasal spray for now, that is only salt water and many come with
a gel to set up a barrier for the allergens and the salt water keeps rinsing the stuff out of the nose.
You can describe the allergy symptoms of you and son in detail and also fill out a form
for both of you, so that on here at least a remedy could start giving you both relief.
♡ simone717 7 years ago
Thanks very much for your reply.
We will in Brooklyn actually.
Great to hear that you found relief from your treatments.
The Boiron Pills are a homeopathic remedy that you can take for all sorts of conditions. They also make blends specific to conditions such as allergies and are available in most health food stores. though they do not seem to work for me.
Perhaps i dont give them enough time, im not sure.
We have a HEPA filter in our bedroom that is an ionier to help drop the particles to the ground.
I try and neti pot though i should do it more often but my son fights when we try a saline solution. There is no way to administer it unfortunately as he hates it.
Thanks i will fill in the form now.
These questions are designed to get the following information from the patient
1. Mental State of the patient
2. Physical Ailments
3. The likely cause for above problems
4. The modalities like whether the patient feels well or worse in hot weather, cold weather etc., he is relieved by / worsenened by hot applications, cold applications etc.
Patient ID: Jukihouse - Julien
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Acute seasonal allergies.
Watery itchy eyes, itchy roof of mouth, itch ears.
Tired, foggy and distracted
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
About 6-7 years ago.
On the 5 May inexplicable my allergies erupted, watering eyes, discomfort, itchiness...i had absolutely no idea what it was
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
It depends, can not specify.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
I suspect it is related to Pollen
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Out of the designated 'allergy' season. i dont have any symptoms
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Im generally happy and hard working, quite active but can be prone to negative thoughts and introspection and quite sensitive
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
I like the feeling of a thunderstorm, its quite invigorating i think.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
Not more than normal
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
I love my friends and family, especially my son.
My family relations are strong but because of the way i was raised there are issues that are hard to overcome. Trust, emotional trust etc
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
My fears are of failing and failing my family. Also i have mild social anxieties.
No repetitive dreams.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
No not all..actually perhaps coffee
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Normal and regular
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
I am very slim but suffer from sleep apnea. I had a sleep study done and appartently i have upt o 12 episodes an hour. Where i can stop breathing for up to a minute.
I am trying some remedies, Nose Expanding aids. Though my ENT wants to operate and widen the bridge of my nose as i have an obstructional apnea
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
Yes, though the stress and pace of my life has reduced my desire
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
Not really, mostly due to my alternative upbringing. Not so interested in possessions, sports etc
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Trying allergy medicines..now on Zyrtec infrequently
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
jukihouse 7 years ago
My opinion is that you would be best served seeing a local homeopath.
Especially for your child, bc when people are seen in person there are
many tools they can use to find the right remedy that cannot be done
on the internet. This is especially true with young children.
I found a good homeopath in your neighborhood. Her name is
Rebecca Azzarelli and her website is http://www.brooklynhomeopathy.com
She is a classical homeopath who studied at the NY school of homeopathy-
read the testimonials on her site.
I myself had a homeopath and a pediatrician for me and kids, and due
to that I hardly ever had to go to the pediatrician. If you go see her,
bring the blue vial from Boiron with you, so she can see exactly what it is,
bc Boiron makes thousands of remedies.
♡ simone717 7 years ago
I began suffering from horrible seasonal allergies around the age of 13. You know what I'm talking about: constant sneezing, itchy eyes, itchy skin, and a general lethargic feeling.
This lasted a few months out of the year. As much I enjoyed Helloween, Brooklyn's Spring and Fall weather they were pretty dreadful at the same time.
To combat these symptoms I did exactly what most other people, and probably you, did.
I started downing over-the-counter Benadryls. They worked well for a few hours, but made my lethargy much more pronounced.
It was like I was a walking zombie. I would sleep during almost every class in school and could just barely make it through some days.
So I took the next logical step and went to see my Doctor.. Well, what do Doctors do now?
Treat symptoms, not the root cause, and write prescriptions.
As an aside: If you have allergies of any kind or annoying medical problems (itching, for example) you can make an appointment with an Allergist to get a full round of allergy testing done. You will learn in just a few hours almost everything youre allergic to (pollen, molds, dust mites, animal dander, insect stings, foods and some medicines). One of my mistakes was seeing my regular doctor instead of a specialist.
So, of course, my Doctor prescribed the advertising darling of the time: Claritin.
susandiaz 5 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.