Pilonidal Cyst33.F.1st time sufferer.
A few days ago I came back from a swim and got ready for bed, was somewhat unusually tired so I fell asleep around 8. I woke up at 1 in panic and discomfort and after tossing for about 3 hours I noticed that there was some slight pain coming from the inside of my buttcrack- about 3' from the anus on the right side. In many ways it felt like my spine was dislodged and it worried me for a couple hours but then I fell asleep.
When I woke up around 7am I noticed a lot of soreness to the area. Throughout the day I kept checking it and realised that a cyst was indeed forming, the the area was getting red and my discomfort was increasing. That night I soaked it in hot water while showering and tried to relax. I slept on my stomach and left side for most of the night cause it was the most comfortable way to get good rest.
The following day- Tuesday- yesterday. The size of the cyst has at least tripled, or at least it feels that way and the level of discomfort while sitting, standing, walking or laying on my stomach increased exponentially. I was working in a foreign country for the last 4 days so I had to try to get pain killers and got 1000mg of paracetamol which I administered 3 times- 9am, 4pm, 9pm. For the work I am doing currently I sit quite a bit and I do a lot of work from my computer and or studio/site visits.
By last night I was ready to opt for surgery after all the research I conducted through my self diagnosis phase. Thankfully I was traveling today and was able to make an appointment to see a diagnostician. I saw her at around 1pm and told her my symptoms and what I was researching. After a quick examination she confirmed my horror...that I do in fact have Pilonidal Sinus issues and I would need to have surgery to have the area drained and in the future complete removal of the sinus tract as it is prone to further flares. The doctor also put me on two rounds of intense antibiotics to ensure that I don't become septic and to also control the pain I was given Co-codamol...I will try the Co-codamol tonight and if I have any adverse reactions to the Codeine I will revert to the 1000mg paracetamol.
Right now, even lying on my stomach is causing terrific pain and the swollen area is now protruding. I cant wait for this to be over with. However, I am a little worried- I have never been under the knife and for the work that I do I travel quite a bit and will only have about 8 days to recover before a long work stint in Brazil. As such, I am hoping that I can get some recovery tips from professionals here just to ensure proper care and to treat my body exceptionally so I can face the onslaught of 4 very heavy work projects through the middle of December.
Also, I am reaching out to share my experience with the hopes that as I progress through this that my words may help levitate anxiety, stress, worry, etc.
hbynoe on 2013-10-23
and recollection of previous experiences and happenings to select proper medicine.
Patient ID or Name : Sex: Age:
Height : Weight : Country :
1. Describe your main suffering? (Describe symptoms)
2. What other physical/mental sufferings in past, you had ?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which
ameliorate the same?
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of
place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable
Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your
husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you
have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. Nature of work, what do you do for living?
23. What major diseases are running in your family?
24. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
25. Attached here your photographs of the affected area. (if required/optional)
26. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
Please answer the following questions:
(Please give details of your past menstruation if you have attained menopause.)
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
27. Any special points you feel necessary to mention
shouse_nsk last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.