Peri-menopause hair shedding & lossI would love any help and advice on which treatments may be beneficial. Thank yo uso much Here is my personal information:
1. Self Descrption: Female, 40 years old. Hair shedding began at age 29. I am 5'7, 135 lbs. My body is a protein type that does not do well with any carbs or sugar (or I gain and can't lose weight). I do well with coconut oil as a fat.
2. What are the symptoms of your health problem?: I have hair shedding (over 50-100 hairs a day). I was told I have both genetic female pattern balding (done by biopsy), but have also been told I have estrogen dominance due to peri-menopause. I take thyroid T/3, T/4 which helps with energy but does little for my hair. I also take progesterone cream which stopped the hair shedding for a few months, but then it came back. My shedding is the worst right before my period. My periods are normal, every 30 days, but very light. Any sort of stress also increases the shedding.
3. How & when did this problem begin? It started at age 29 when I was diagnosed and treated for mercury poisoning. But it has never gone away since. As I have continued to age it has gotten a little worse.
4. What makes the problem better or worse? Stress makes is worse. My hormone cycle can make it worse (it is worst the week before my period and for a couple days after). Drinking coffee (decaf only) seems to make it worse. Chocolate also seems to make it worse.
5. How do you feel emotionally? It makes me feel very fearful, sad, stressed, depressed and withdrawn.
7. What occupies your mind mostly? Much stress at work.
9. Do you want to stay alone or with people? I am okay with either, but prefer the comfort of home if I had to choose one over the other.
10. How is your sleep? My sleep if very good, perfect even.
11. Do you have any recurring dreams? No but I do wake up feeling anxious sometimes and like I have been clenching my jaw.
12. What type of weather do you like and how it affects your complaints? I have not noticed the weather or time of year to be a factor. I shed in the rainy winter as much as in the sunshine of spring/summer.
13. Do you fight or flight? I don't like to fight. I'd rather avoid a fight.
14. What are your fears? I don't want to have thin hair as a woman. I don't want to lose my hair.
15. Do you normally feel hot or cold? I tend to feel more cold.
16. What types of clothes you wear? Yoga clothing most of the time.
17. What foods & taste you love & hate. I eat a clean and balanced diet and avoid anything that might cause inflammation. I do not eat gluten or grains and very little if any dairy. A normal meal for me is 4-6 oz of organic chicken with fresh greens and a rainbow of veges. But I do struggle with the desire for sweets. If I eat anything sweet I just want more and more. I do well with coconut oil and coconut flour I have found.
18. Do you want to eat indigestible foods? No.
19. How is your thirst? I rarely feel thirsty, but I do drink lots of water and decaf herbal teas all day long.
20. Any coating on tongue? I scrape my tongue each morning. There is usually white or cream colored, but I had it checked and it is not yeast.
21. Any skin problems? No.
22. Any problems with respiration? No.
23. Any problems with stool/urine? Constipation or stringy stools. Also feel the urge to urinate quite often.
24. Any sexual problems? No.
26. Females menses details : I have regular periods every 30 days. They are heavy on the first day and then very light for the next two, then they usually stop. I would call them lighter than when I was younger.
thesunshines on 2014-02-10
day 1 morning
day 1 evening
day 2 morning
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 2 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 2 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
♥ kadwa 6 years ago
thesunshines 6 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.