8 week old baby gas, acid reflux :need remedyMy 8 week old baby boy has been diagnosed by pediatritian as having acid reflux . his milk comes back in this mouth or
throat from 10 mins after feed to 2 1'2 hours and he wakes up from sleep because of this .he can only sleep if i keep him in
inclined or vertical position.
he burps after every feed.
I gave him natrum phos 6X -1 tablet after feed -twice a day. It reduced the hoarse voice but spit up and acid reflux symptoms
did not go away yet. Please suggest a remedy and dosage. he is not able to sleep in the night without disturbance.
here is his profile:
1. 8 weeks -age, 11 pounds--weight & 23 inches ---height of child
2. Physical appearance: Medium
3. How is the child mentally & emotionally normally-Baby is happy, calm, and smiles when not in pain
4. How is the child mentally & emotionally during reflux/gerd--
During reflux baby is cranky and cries, squirms alot and arches his back.
5. What are the symptoms of reflux/gerd
--constant hoarse voice,congestion, sneezing, arching of the back, fussiness, excessive mouth drooling with bubbles, hands rubbing face non-stop, etc
spit ups from mouth and nose,continuous crying, disturbed sleep.
6. What calms the child during reflux e.g. carrying around, sitting upright
-- sitting upright, sleeping on shoulder,carrying around.
7. What medicines is the child currently on or had in the last one week
--Mag Phos 6X and Nat Phos 6x (1 tablets after feed-twice a day), colic calm-1/4 teaspoon(once a day)
8. How is the childs stool--yellow mustard in color, soft and watery.
9. Does the child have gas (flatulence), if yes-medium, it reduced after giving mag phos 6X
10. How is the childs desire to feed --very intersted to eat, shows rooting symptoms every 2 1/2 hours.
11. Is the child teething --NO
12. How is the childs sweat (perspiration), answer all these points
Any Smell --NO Smell
Where mostly --hair and neck
How much (little, a lot etc.)--little
13. Spit up ---throw up ,acidy smell, spits up 5-6 times small amounts after every day
adi_mom on 2015-03-27
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.