Please help with a constitutional remedySex: Female
1. Describe your main suffering?
Digestive issues: Candida, BIG pain in stomach if I eat acidic foods (not heartburn, it doesn’t come up, I get very tight and bloated and a big pain in stomach), trouble digesting fats, extreme chocolate cravings all the time, not just menstrually.
Chronic fatigue/adrenal fatigue. I lack energy to get me through my day and have low adrenal function. I have chronic Epstein Barr virus, which recently manifested in acute Mononucleosis. I took Arsenicum for the Mononucleosis. The acute situation is gone and I am back to feeling the way I did before the Mononucleosis.
Edema. Sometimes I get edema and hold on to water all over my whole body. Then it goes away. It is not related to menstrual cycle.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
-Blurry/hazy vision - since being on antibiotics for Lyme for two years (I stopped antibiotics in September and Lyme is all gone.)
-ACNE that is getting worse. This started on antibiotics. It is on my chin, back, and the back of my neck at my hairline. It is REALLY bothering me and I am obsessed about it and embarrassed by it. I’ve never had acne before.
-Small patches of reddish/brownish skin pigmentation on inner thighs and underneath breasts.
- Low energy. My thyroid has been checked and levels are perfect.
-Weight gain (20 pounds) in last two years – while on antibiotics
-Zero sex drive.
-A little breast swelling and tenderness a few days before my period (but I took Pulsatilla this last cycle and I did not have any breast tenderness at all).
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings? My biggest fear is my health and that I will never get well. When I don’t feel well, I tend towards isolation and withdrawal. I don’t like people to think I am weak or sick all the time, although I have been chronically ill for years.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Irritable and every little thing feels like too much. Overwhelmed. I withdraw and I get weepy if I have to exert myself too much or if I am around too many people. I don’t like demands on my time or attention and just want to be “left alone.”
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
-It started in 2002 after vaccines (Hep A & B, Chicken Pox, and Flu) and dental surgery the same year (antibiotics).
-It got worse in 2007, my mother stopped talking to me because I “chose not to have children” and I have been estranged from my family ever since.
-Many new symptoms have appeared since being on antibiotics for the last two years for Lyme disease and the coinfections (Bartonella and Anaplasma). I have cured these infections, but I have a lot of residual issues from the antibiotics.
6. Which time of the day you are worst? I am tired in the afternoon and need to sit down and rest.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Warmth seems to help - hot baths or hot water bottles and covering up. Cold makes me worse. Tight clothing bothers me, I prefer loose fitting clothes. And I often don’t seem to “cover up” enough in the winter. I don’t like a lot of clothing. Incompetent or rude people really upset me.
8. Do you think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)? I need alone time and too much contact with people can exhaust me. I think many of my symptoms are related to the antibiotics. Stuffy rooms bother me. Loud noises bother me.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather? I feel better in moderate climates, not too hot, not too cold. I feel worse in humid weather and cold/damp weather. In the winter I get cold, and I love the spring when the sun feels like it warms my body up and my body feels like it thaws out.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable, Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc. I tend to be friendly, but a bit standoffish. I am generally quiet. I often go unnoticed. I can be an impatient person, especially with other people’s incompetence. I am easily irritated when I am not feeling well, especially with my husband. With most other people, I just withdraw. If I am feeling well, I don’t get so irritable and I have more patience. I can “get along” and often hold my disagreements inside. Other people often don’t know that I don’t care for them.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm? Neutral. I like thunderstorms.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times? I do not like platitudes or false sympathy. I want someone to help me to find an answer or a solution or genuinely listen to me. I often want to “be taken care of.” I feel overwhelmed and want my husband to step in for me.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc? Yes! I am highly sensitive to lights, smells (tobacco, perfume, chemicals), and noise.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless weeping, talking to one self etc? I am addicted to chocolate in an unhealthy way. I twirl my hair in my fingers. My fingers are always moving. When we snuggle up, my husband often holds my hand so I won't annoy him with my fingers moving around. I think I eat too fast sometimes. I am very tidy and clean and have a strong eye for asthetics/beauty. Cleaning the house feels good. In other words, I like things "just right." I find it hard to be around people who are incompetent, selfish, or irresponsible - I get irritated or angry. I have trouble letting anyone except my husband know I am irritable or angry - I usually just withdraw from the person.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife? I don't have many friends. I like spending time with my husband, but need lots of alone time too. I feel my husband is the only person who knows the “real” me. I do not have children, and that was by conscious choice. I enjoy being social in small doses, but I don’t really feel like I fit in socially.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly? My number one fear is of illness and my health situation. My next fears would probably be being all alone in the world (if my husband died or left me, I would be all alone) and of poverty. I dream of someone loving me.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions? I crave chocolate all the time and eat way too much of it. I have just started craving cheese and binging on cheese in the last month. I like soup and flavorful food. I have an aversion to tomatoes and onions and I don't like the texture of cottage cheese. I like creamy things (chocolate and yogurt). I am gluten and dairy and sugar free - because of my gut issues, not because I don't like breads and dairy. I haven’t eaten dairy in 10 years, and this last month I am binging on cheese!
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal, I think. My lips are often cracked and I often seem dehydrated even though I do drink water.
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal to excessive. I’ve been more hungry than usual in the past couple of weeks.
15. Is there any kind of food which your body can't stand? Tomatoes and now onions.
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs? Normal.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type? I tend toward constipation, but right now it is normal and 1-2 per day.
18. How well do you sleep? Sometimes I go through periods of not sleeping. But mostly, since I took Arsenicum 200c, I sleep pretty well. Do you have a particular posture of sleeping? I move around a lot…left side, right side, back. I used to have terrible insomnia for years, but it has gotten better with homeopathy. I still get bad insomnia when we travel.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? No. I don’t seem to have any sex drive right now.
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all? I am extremely sensitive - more sensitive than anyone I know. I feel what others are feeling. I know if they are angry or happy or whatever. I am sensitive to noise, people, supplements and medicines, perfume, tobacco, chemicals. My nervous system seems very finely tuned. I am also responsible and hold myself to a high standard. If I believe in something I live it – I don’t just talk about it and do something else. I really live it.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Lots of antibiotics for two years for Lyme completed in September 2015– and since then I have had blurry vision, acne that is getting bad (I’ve never had acne before in my whole life) and is kind of oily, more moles and skin pigmentation on my inner thighs and breasts, and I have Candida. I also have trouble with fats and now high cholesterol since I have been on antibiotics.
I saw a homeopath from April to August and he treated me with Chocolatum LM1, LM2, LM3, Carbo Veg LM1, Carsinosin LM1, Gaertner 18c, Lac Caninum, and a few others. I felt like I kept reacting and he just kept giving me remedies (over 10 different remedies in three months). Chocolatum helped me sleep better and feel stable and happy, but it didn’t seem to resolve any physical symptoms. The others just made me more sensitive and more nervous and gave me more symptoms. The Gaertner did seem to help my gut.
Recently I was prescribed Lachesis 200c by a person on this forum. I got insomnia at the same time, but I am not sure it was from Lachesis, as my naturopath had given me an herb too. Then I was prescribed Arsenicum 200c (I had Mono at this time) once weekly for three weeks and that seems to have helped a lot. It has gotten me through the worst of the Mononucleosis and it really helps me to sleep.
Then the Arsenicum seemed to be causing arthritic-like symptoms...I don't know if that was a healing response or it means that I now need a new remedy? This person hasn't responded to my question.
I tend to be very sensitive and react to most remedies – most of my reactions seem nervous system related. I tend to get a lot of symptoms from vitamins and supplements and need tiny doses. I am hoping that homeopathy can help me, since I react so much to other things.
22. What major diseases are running in your family? Breast c-ancer, colon c-ancer, diabetes, arthritis, stroke, gout, depression, anxiety, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, auto-immune, mental issues (depression, anxiety, social phobia, and maybe more).
23. Describe, how you look? Describe your overall appearance. 46 years old, tall (5 foot 10 inches), average weight (155 – I gained 25 pounds on antibiotics and from progesterone that my doctor prescribed – I stopped the progesterone after gaining 8 pounds in one month), wide hips, narrow waist, small breasts, dark blond/light brown hair. I put on weight in my belly, hips, and thighs.
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
Please answer the following questions:
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last? Regular. On time. They last about three days and are on the light side.
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods? Water retention in abdomen and hips, some breast swelling and tenderness for about four days before. Some tension in the lower abdomen, but not cramps. A little more emotionally "sensitive" than usual. (I tried Pulsatilla last week before my period and it really helped. I did not have any symptoms until the day before my period and they were very mild.)
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive? Scanty to normal.
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery? Bright red for the first two days, and then very light for the last part of my period.
- Do you notice any clots in the flow? No.
I occasionally have a small amount of vaginal discharge throughout the month. A watery, milky color.
magicandmiracles1 on 2015-12-19
magicandmiracles1 4 years ago
radu_costache 4 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.