Acidity and heartburnDoctor,
I am suffering from acidity and heartburn for the last few days. It aggravates during the evening. Kindly suggest a homeopathy remedy.
raja007 on 2016-10-29
To select, one out of them, you have to answer lot of questions.
Come back, if you are willing to do so.
♡ gavinimurthy 7 years ago
1. What is your chief complaint (CC)? Tell as much about it as you can, including what is the worst part of it and why it's the worst: the sensations, the kind of pain, the location, how your energy has been affected (for example, has the complaint made you restless, weak, nervous, anxious, irritable, hypersensitive, effected your thirst and appetite, your body temperature, and so on).
2. When did this problem begin? What happened in
your life around that time? What do you think
3. What aggravates the CC and what brings it on?(for example, certain types of food or weather, movement, light, noise, company, talking,
heat/cold, or anything else that you can think
of; please be specific) and what makes the CC better (for example hot or cold, massage, eating, lying still, music, company...)? What does it make you do to try to feel better?
4. At what time of the day or night is the CC the
worst? Specify an hour if you can.
5. What symptoms can you identify that accompany
the CC (whether directly related or not; for example, headache with nausea; or menstrual cramps with diarrhea; a cold with irritability and anger)?
6. Environment: With regard to the seasons, weather, outdoor temperature, indoor temperature, drafts, air quality, airconditioning, ocean air, mountain air, humidity, the sun/rain/thunderstorms/clouds/fog, etc.: what environmental factors give you comfort and relief, and which ones cause discomfort and distress? Try to give examples.
7. What position is most uncomfortable for you?
8. a)Do you tend to be chilly or warm? Are there parts of your body that are colder or warmer than the rest of you? Is there a special time of day or night when they are colder or warmer? b) Do you perspire a great deal? If so, when? And where on the body? (feet, head, hair, chest, armpits, etc) Does it leave a stain of a particular color? Is there a particular odor?
9. Describe what your tongue looks like.
10. What do you worry about? How do you deal with
11. How do you keep your house/your desk/your room/your study/your bathroom?
12. How easily do you cry? In what situations?
13. When you are upset, what do you do to help yourself feel better?
14. What makes you angry? What do you do when you're angry?
15. Do you have an emotion that predominates; such as anger, depression, irritability, anxiety, jealousy, joy...or possibly two emotions that tend to alternate predictably?
16. What fears do you have?
17. What have been the most difficult circumstances in your life? How did you cope?
18. What are the greatest joys you have had in
19. What was your childhood like?
20. What bothers you most in other people? How,
if at all, do you express it?
21. What causes the most problems in your relationships?
22. Do you have any recurring dreams? What are they about?
23. What would you need to feel happy?
24. What do you do for work? Ideally, what would
you like to do?
25. If you were made President for a day, what would you change?
26. When people have criticized you, what were they complaining about? Similarly, when people have praised you, what did you receive praise for?
27. What would you like to change most about
28. How do you feel before, during and after
meals? How do you feel if you go without a
29. What would you most like to eat (if you did
not have to consider calories, fat, anything
you've read about the right way to eat)?
30. What foods do you dislike and refuse to eat?
What foods do you react badly to, and in what
31. How much do you drink in a day? Include
sodas, juice, coffee, tea, milk, and
alcoholic beverages as well as water. How
thirsty do you tend to get? What temperature would you like your drinks to be?
32. How is your sleep?
33. Do you do anything during sleep? (speak,
laugh, shriek, toss about, grind your teeth, drool, snore, walk, talk, etc.)
34. Do you have trouble falling asleep? What keeps you awake? Do you wake always at a certain time? What causes you to wake up? What position do you sleep in?
35. Number of pregnancies, number of children,
number of miscarriages, number of abortions
36. At what age did your menses begin? If you
have gone through menopause, at what age?
37. How frequently do they (or did they) come?
38. What about their duration, abundance, colour,
time of day when flow is greatest; any odour
39. How do you (did you) feel before, during and
40. What medications are you taking at present?
41. How frequently do you get colds and flus?
42. Have you had any childhood illnesses twice,
or in a very severe form, or after puberty?
43. Have you had any vaccinations since the
standard childhood ones? Have you ever had an
adverse or unusual reaction to a vaccination?
44. Have you had any surgery? What and when?
45. Have you had at any time (mention year):
warts, cysts, Polyps, or tumors? Where were they located? How were they treated?
46. Do you tend to have any discharges (nasal,
vaginal, etc.)? What is the color, consistency?
47. a) Do you tend to need a smaller dose of
medications than most other people?
b) Do you need less anaesthesia than others,
or have a hard time coming out of it?
c) Do you tend to react to vitamins and herbs
and/or need hypoallergenic vitamins?
d) Are you sensitive to paint fumes, exhuast,
dry cleaning fluid, fragrances etc.?
48. Family history: Mention diseases, causes
and ages of deaths of father, mother,
sisters, brothers and grandparents on both
49. Construct a time line: Mention from birth
on to the present day, all IMPORTANT events
(emotional and physical traumas,
heartbreaks, divorces, work-related events,
diseases or traumas your mother had while
being pregnant with you, family stress,
death in the family or of friends,
disappointment, etc.) Mention the symptoms
experienced at those moments or which you
can date to those traumas.
50. When you stand in line at the bank or supermarket, how do you feel?
51. When your family member was last sick, what did you do?
52. How is your sexual energy?
53. How do you react to consolation
54. What part of your life do you have the most difficulty coping with.
55. What are your hobbies?
♡ gavinimurthy 7 years ago
Sorry for the delay. The answers are given below :
Age: 44 years
Weight: 73 kgs.
1. Acidity and heartburn. Aggravates during the evening and irritates me. Burning sensation below the throat.
2. This is not the first time. It also happened earlier and I had taken few ranitidine tablets for relief. Perhaps deep fried foods trigger this.
3. Deep fried foods.
4. Late evening.
6. It happens in all seasons. Usually I drink lot of water during that time which gives a temporary relief.
7. Nothing to mention.
8a. Nothing to mention.
b. Excessive perspiration, in head, body, hand, face, leg almost everywhere.
c. Odour – Normal. No stain.
10. Lot of tension regarding work and household problems.
11. Neat and clean.
13. Listen to music or watch TV.
14. Try not to think about it.
16. Unforeseen problems.
17. I discuss the problems with others to find a way out.
18. Nothing to mention.
20. Indiscipline. If they are incorrigible I avoid them.
21. Misuse of anything.
22. Nothing to mention.
23. Happiness lives in simplicity.
24. Official jobs. Creative work.
25. Proper education for all and eradicate corruption.
26. I always try to work sincerely so that no mistakes are committed.
27. Nothing to mention.
28. I cannot fast.
29. Tasty foods.
30. Nothing to mention.
31. 3 to 3.5 litres per day. Normal temperature.
34. No. Side turn
40. Medicine for high pressure.
41. Earlier I had a susceptibility to cough and cold.
42. No, but I suffer from constipation time to time for the last twelve years.
46. Discharges from nose during cough and cold, but most of the time one of my nostrils remain blocked.
47a. Nothing to mention
b. Nothing to mention
c. Nothing to mention
48. Age related problems only, like arthritis, cataract etc.
49. Nothing to mention.
50. How quickly my turn will come.
51. Consulted Doctor.
54. To manage unlimited requirements with limited resources.
55. Listening to music, watching movies, sports event, photography, trip etc.
Hope I have replied to all your queries which will facilitate you to suggest a homeopathic remedy.
[message edited by raja007 on Thu, 03 Nov 2016 09:29:01 UTC]
[message edited by raja007 on Thu, 03 Nov 2016 09:30:32 UTC]
raja007 7 years ago
I have posted the replies to all your queries on 3.11.06 and waiting for your suggestions.
raja007 7 years ago
You can take both aloevera sap(acidity) and triphla (constipation) .Both will heal you.
Do not take deep fried foods/spicy tea coffee etc.
♡ Teupne 7 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.