Struggling with diagnosis Speech language disorder vs AutismMy son is 8 years old. We are struggling since he has 2.5 years old and doctors have failed to give us a diagnosis. He has a language/speech disorder and hand flapping behavior. He is getting school and speech therapy, he has 8-10 half words but mostly he is quiet.
Doctors cannot tell if its only speech and language disorder which will go away with time or . He has a strong eye contact, loves playing with siblings and bonds with grand parents cousins etc too. He does cycling, uses toilet independently etc. I have a long list of things he can do. He solves puzzles in schools, paints with assistance.
I have given him homeopathic treatment for 4 years too but no results so far.
If someone has dealt with Language disorder or Autism cases in past successfully please get in touch. I can provide further details too.
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering? Language and speech delay.
He is 8 years old with only 8-10 words.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Many sounds, few words but mostly no speech, Hyperactivity and hand flapping.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Frustration and not being able to communicate anything. All skills and milestones dependant on language are not being achieved.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words. –Anger and frustration or fear or crying.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
Its hard to tell what caused the speech and language delay or autism. We are still struggling for a diagnosis but I can share full case history about my pregnancy till now his 8 years of age.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
4 pm onwards but it can be anytime.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
Fear of dark, fear of closed spaces like elevator, fear of some people especially who look at him with fear or hate, noise and shouting.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
He loves taking bath, playing outdoors, cycling, watching cars and playing with siblings also music is his favorite.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
He is very simple, agrees when I tell him to do something. Helps around the house. Lazy, picky eater, moody at times.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm? We don’t have those in Dubai. He saw a few in Islamabad, didn’t make any difference to him.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
Yes. Likes to be cuddled and hugged.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
Hand flapping or spiraling scarf/ dupatta and watching it.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
He is 8 years old so unmarried. He loves us all, especially his little brother and me, his mother.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
Can’t tell, he doesn’t speak.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Fried foods, breads and chicken curries.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body can’t stand?
Fruits and vegetables.
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
Sweats more, especially all over head.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
He stays awake till late, tries very hard to sleep with mother but we put him to his own bed.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Doctors misdiagnosed him with autism and gave Risperdal which caused side effect. We gave it for 20 days but now stopped.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
Diabetes, blood pressure, anxiety.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
1) likes : cycling, music, watching cooking, playing outdoors, playing with siblings, bathing
2) dislikes : noise, fruits, vegetables, people who mistreat him
3) vaccinations (whether you noted anything amiss after a particular vaccination?) he got all vaccines including PCV1.
4) Does he like eggs? Yes.
5) Does he like music? Yes.
6) sleep issues? Sleeps after staying awake in bed for sometime.
9) destructive tendency? None. Very polite, loving and humble child.
naz84 on 2017-08-21
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.