i am 23rd year old student. Last year, i saw some white patches on my both hands. After taking Syphyllinum 1M every 15 days and Arsenic Sulph Flavum 3X, all the white patches were almost gone. But this summer, i am again seeing white patches. Sometime i also took Biochemic medicine- Cal.Phos 12x and Nat Mur 12x.
Can anyone plz tell me the reason behind these white patches and it wud be my pleasure if some of you can give the right suggestion.
Thanks in advance..
david01 on 2006-06-27
What is Vitiligo
It is a skin related disease more commonly known as 'leucoderma', which means white skin. It is a common disorder of depigmentation, which occurs due to retarded function of melanin in the skin. The melanoblasts in the affected area lose their power of forming pigment. In this condition patches of skin lose their pigmentation and become perfectly white, though no other changes take place in them and particularly there is no formation of scales over them.
Initially, discoloration takes place in small spots on different parts of the skin. The white patches may appear on any part but are more common on the face and neck, hands and wrists, lower abdomen and thighs. They may be of any size and shape and may not be necessarily symmetrical. Over a period of time, with the reduction of melanin in the body, these spots slowly increase in size until large areas of the skin are completely decolorized and finally almost entire skin becomes white. The small remaining patches of skin may then be mistaken as pigmented areas. This mistake may be avoided by keeping in mind that the vitiligo areas have convex margins whereas normal areas have concave margins. When vitiligo occurs on a hairy area such as eyebrows and pubes, the hair on the white patch may also become white.
The skin may also become white in patches due to destruction of melanocytes but this is generally the result of burns, which is not leucoderma. This can be distinguished during diagnosis.
It is more prominent in dark skinned persons. In white skinned persons, it becomes more noticeable when the normal skin is tanned by the sun. The patients are very susceptible to sunburn. Since the white areas have no protective pigment, they are easily made red and sore by exposure to sun or artificial ultra-violet light.
Causes of Vitiligo
The exact cause of this disease is not yet known. There are different views about it. Some of the views are:
Result of a circulating anti-melanocytes autoantibody. The incidence is increased in other autoimmune diseases like pernicious anemia and Graves' disease etc.
It is neurogenic in origin, a humeral substance originating from the nerve endings destroying the melanocytes.
A precursor of melanin within the cell becomes cytotoxic under certain circumstances, with the same effect.
Hope above info will satisfy your queries.
And to help you Homoeopathically I need more details.So please answer these...
6. Height .
9. List of your complain first 1. 2.. 3
10. Diabetic or non Diabetic
11. Desire(food) sweets/sour/salt
14. Current BP (without medicine and with medicine)
15. What exactly is happening ?
16. How do you feel ?
17. How does this affect you ?
18. How does it feel like ?
19. What comes to your mind ?
20. One situation that had a big effect on you ?
21. How did that feel like ?
22. What sensation do you experience in that situation ?
23. What are you showing by that gesture of your hand.(habits or Action) ?
24. current medicine you are taking
25. family back ground
26. qualification of patient
27. Nature of working
28. desire and aversion of food
29. Mind-behavior, anger, irritability, hurry, impatient and so.. on and how you are peculiar from other person, public speaking or not , you can describe all the detail about behavior, love and affection. Any confidential and private matter to be discuss by email.
30. Aggravation (increases-time, season,)& Amelioration (Decreases)
drdineshsharma last decade
I read books on homeopathy by Dr. Prosad Banerjee and B.S. Darbari on Lecoderma and i am quite agree that homeopathic will definetly help me out.
Regarding the questions, u asked.. i am giving the answers one by one.
5. 64 Kg.
8. Humid climate of Mumbai.
9. Complains:- White spots on both hands and they are growing. First i saw these in last summer and took homeopathic medicines. They gave me the good result and spots were gone completely. But this summer, it happens again with white spots of large areas.On left hand, near elbow, the more white area can be seen. In the lower left hand arm, there are spots but comparable to elbow spots, they are very light in color.On right hand, white spots are very light comparable to the left arm and also spread in little area.
11. Not as such desire on food. But sometime i like sour food. I dont like sweets and more salts too.
12. I generally dont feel thirsty. So i think i dont take water much.
13. Tongue color is normal.
14. BP is also average. Never had any problem with BP.
15. White Spots on both hands and it looks awkward to me to show off my hands infront of someone. On left hand, near elbow, the more white area can be seen. In the lower left hand arm, there are spots but comparable to elbow spots, they are very light in color.On right hand, white spots are very light comparable to the left arm and also spread in little area.
16. I feel only shame nothing else. There are no pains and liquid flow from any of the White spots.Only problem is Shame and Mental tension.
18. Nothing as such, only mental tension.
19. Only one thing comes to mind after seeing spots is to how to eradicate them as soon as possible.
20. Not as such. I generally dont bother about the outside world.
a) Syphillinum 1M (every 15 days)
b) Ars. Suplh Falvum 3X
c) Cal Phos. 12x and Nat Mur 12x(using with oil on the hands and also drinking wid water)
25. Family background is good. Not as such problem to anyone else in the family specially noone in the family has ever expose to this disease.
27. Self Employed since 5 months.
28. Desire:- Homemade food and little bit spicy.
Aversion:- Too much sweets and salts.
29. Generally, i dont take any kind of panic whatever worse the situation is. I am a bit sporty. Generally, i speak politely to other person. I dont get angry often infact never but whenever i feel angry, i am definelty taking time to cool down myself.
30. Aggravation: Summer
Thank you doctor once again for your useful help and also for your precious time on me. If you dont mind, may i have your email id? I am eagerly waiting for your reply both on this forum and also on my email address.
david01 last decade
. Name Rahul
2. Age 12 years
3. Sex Male
4. Married/Unmarried Unmarried
5. weight 39KG
6. Height 50
7. country India
8. climate Normal (Indore)
9. 1year ago I had seen white spots on back of my 12 year old son's neck. I went to allopathic Doctor and started treatment. But I havnt seen any improvement. 15 days back I had seen a small white spot on his stomach (4mm).
10. Non Diabetic
11. Not as such desire on food. dont like sour food
12. Thirst Normal
13. Tongue Normal
15. 1year ago I had seen white spots on back of my 12 year old son's neck. I went to allopathic Doctor and started treatment. But I havnt seen any improvement. 15 days back I had seen a small white spot on his stomach (4mm).
16. How do you feel ? He not at all care of these spots
17. How does this affect you ? No effect on him
18. How does it feel like ? He dont care
19. What comes to your mind ? Nothing for these spots but he is very claver and emotional boy
20. One situation that had a big effect on you ? He is very caring and emotional boy.
23. What are you showing by that gesture of your hand.(habits or Action) ? He love to play cricket and technical games
24. No any Medicines
25. family back ground No history of white spot in Fathers or Mothers family
26. qualification of patient Student of Class eighth
27. Nature of working Student
28. Aversion Non veg
29. Hurry, Public speaking, Very fast in making friends, prefer elder friends, sharp memory,
30. Aggravation (increases-time, season,)& Amelioration (Decreases) Same (Not noticed)
Please please please help me
dinesh130869 last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.