frozen shoulderFor the past 6 weeks I am suffering from frozen shoulder.I have taken allopathic pain killers and short wave diathermy along with excercises but no relief.One homeopath also sent me medicines but no relief.It is pain in right shoulder ,upper arm,cannot bend arm backwards or lift up.Will Rhus Tox help? J.S.Virdi, Mumbai
jsvirdi on 2006-09-26
This is best taken in the Wet dose which is made by inserting 3 pellets or 2 drops of the remedy if you have it in Ethanol, into a 500ml bottle of spring water which you will shake up hard before you sip a teaspoonful 3 times a day for a few days when your discomfort should be stabilized. Reduce the dosage to just twice daily immediately after for a week.
Please post your response in 3 days.
♥ Joe De Livera last decade
Daisy43 last decade
sajjadakram635 last decade
I want to ask remedy for frozen shoulder for my father as we have tried some allopathic medicines , but no positive effect. Following is the history ;
Frozen shoulder : Since 5 months
Age : 60
Diabetes : Yes , since 10 years, takes insulin, no tablets
Weight : 70 kg
Height : 5 fit 6 inches
He was a football player in his young age and has worked as a football coach. In the month of May 2007 he had TENDON ACHILLES ruptured in
his right leg as he was playing on the ground while coaching. In the month of June 2007 he had the surgery for the same (Tendon Achilles). After 2 months of rest his doctor told him to walk using WALKER , in that he has to lift his weight on his shoulder as the leg was in the plaster. After using WALKER for around two months , his doctor advised him to remove the WALKER and walk slowly and normally. He started walking normally but since then after using WALKER he started feeling pain in his right shoulder. Now it is around 5 months his pain has increased so much , he can't sleep well in the night and complains for pain in his shoulder. He is doing hot water fermentation and exercises daily 3 to 4 times to lift his hand up but he can't make it to the extent , his hand motion is very restricted upward as well as backside.
After that he planned to go to a orthopedic doctor and he advised him to go for the XRAY. I am typing the report below for reference ;
* ) RADIOGRAPHS OF THE SHOULDER (A.P. & LAT VIEWS) :
1) Sclerosis seen at greater turbosity s/o tenditis
2) REST OF THE No obvious focal bony lesion seen.
3) The gleno-humeral & acromio-clavicular joint spaces normal.
4) Articular margins are within normal limits.
5) Soft tissues appears normal.
IMPRESSION : TENDENTITS
*) RADIOGRAPHS OF THE CERVICAL SPINE(AP/LAT VIEWS)
1) Osteophytes seen at C3 to C6 vertebral bodies.
2) Generalised osteoporosis seen.
3) Loss of lordosis seen
4) The soft tissues are within normal limits.
IMPRESSION : CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS
He is very very upset , because recently he had the surgery and for that he had to take the rest for around 6 months. By nature he is very active and don't stay at home normally , he likes walking and going here and there.
Please help us by suggesting some effective remedies.
imtiyaz.ansari last decade
So I was so happy to find these postings. I had already tried Rhus Tox and that only helped a bit. I bought the 30C Causticum yesterday,dissolved 3 pills in water and sipped it twice yesterday and already this morning I am feeling improvement and can easily raise my arm. I will continue the remedy 3 times a day and I expect complete healing soon.
Its amazing and I'm very grateful for this forum and to those with knowledge who post their helpful suggestions.
lali8 last decade
♥ Mahfoozurrehman last decade
Mustafa786 9 years ago
♥ brisbanehomoeopath 9 years ago
1st of all use Arnica 200C one dose daily for five days
Report after a week
Dr Riaz 9 years ago
unnigopal 8 years ago
Please copy the Questionnaire from the following thread
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis your remedy may be worked out.
♥ kadwa 8 years ago
extremities, limbs; pain; upper limbs; right; ;
extremities, limbs; pain; upper limbs; night; ;
extremities, limbs; pain; shoulder; ;
extremities, limbs; pain; shoulder; right; ;
extremities, limbs; pain; shoulder; night; ;
extremities, limbs; pain; shoulder; night; turning in bed; ;
extremities, limbs; pain; shoulder; raising the arm;
extremities, limbs; pain; upper arm; rheumatic;
extremities, limbs; pain; upper arm; deltoid region (by top muscle of arm); ;
extremities, limbs; pain; rheumatic;
extremities, limbs; movements and positions; lameness; upper limbs; right; ;
extremities, limbs; pain; upper limbs; rheumatic;
Rheumatism of right shoulder, left hip-joint and nape of neck
Rheumatic pains in places least covered by flesh; not in joints
Toes and soles of feet burn
Right-sided neuritis; better touching the part.
Burning in soles and palms
mazhariihr 8 years ago
Patient ID: Sex: Male Age: 54
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Pain in my left shoulder and uneasiness in the whole left arm for the last 2 months. The pain and uneasiness increases in the night, disturbs sleep and reduces during day time. Relief occurs with massage/hot water treatment but persists.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Tinnitus (sound of cricket insect) mild in the left ear. (2) Vertigo in rare occasions.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Uncomfortable, loss of interest
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
It started with Migraine symptoms viz headache, blurred eye vision before 10 years back now subsided.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
During night time.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Over exertions, change in climate, food etc.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Moody, highly nervous - but tending to quietness.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
Talking to self
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
Friends are helpful, no family, bachelor
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
Used to dream some situations repeatedly. Do not have fear.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Do not like fast food or bakery items. Like home food.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
More sweat Head and trunk
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Irregular sometimes; loose stool
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
Do not have deep sleep. Disturbed. On back sleep posture
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
I like quietude.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Ayurvedic and Homoepathic medicines only for the last 15 years.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
Very slim, underweight (48 kgs); slightly bald from forehead and upper-head.
Kindly suggest medicine.
unnigopal 8 years ago
Please take three doses of Conium Mac 200 as follows...
day 1 morning
day 1 evening
day 2 morning
day 3 and day 4
day 5 to day 15
if there is no relief by 5th day...
please take a dose of Rhus Tox 200 at night
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 4 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 3-4 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
Please report after 15 days.
♥ kadwa 8 years ago
I am having pain in right shoulder and ringing sound in right ear.If i ama reading or working on computer than right eye become heavy/stressed and whole right side brain also become heavy.
PLEASE SUGGEST ME A MEDICINE.
hisam26 8 years ago
Please advise me to use casticum 30, for frozen shoulder.
Please describe how many time i can take this remedy and how many drops.
I will be very thankful to you
msohails 8 years ago
I have taken rhustox and Arnica but it was not worked . Pls give me some remedy so that i will get relief from unbearable pain
ananyakrishna 5 years ago
Take Ruta 200 one dose and next day onwards take Causticum 30 thrice daily for a week. If required, Ruta may be repeated after a week.
In addition, exercise
your shoulders by placing your fingers on the shoulders and rotating your elbows in a manner that they touch when front of your chest and are pushed fully back (to the extent you can bear the pain). Do this exercise three to four times daily.
Randy1 3 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.