Help for my husbands depressionMy husband has suffered on and off with depression for the last 7 years since his mothers death. I notice that the times he suffers the most are when things are financially out of whack. I have medical conditions that he supports me in. He normally works two jobs and was let go from one unjustly. I know that the recent bout of depression has centered around this, when I ask him about it, he does refer to his mother, not getting to her gravesite to visit her and such. I copied a question list from another post in the hopes of getting him the right homeopathic remedy to help him.
I appreciate any suggestions.
1. What is your chief complaint (CC)? Tell as much about it as you can, including what is the worst part of it and why it's the worst: the sensations, the kind of pain, the location, how your energy has been affected (for example, has the complaint made you restless, weak, nervous, anxious, irritable, hypersensitive, effected your thirst and appetite, your body temperature, and so on).
Most was mentioned in the introduction.
2. When did this problem begin? What happened in
your life around that time? What do you think
Re-occuring since 2001.
3. What aggravates the CC and what brings it on?(for example, certain types of food or weather, movement, light, noise, company, talking,
heat/cold, or anything else that you can think
of; please be specific) and what makes the CC better (for example hot or cold, massage, eating, lying still, music, company...)? What does it make you do to try to feel better?
It is brought on with uncertainty of how his life is going. Financially, medical issues of spouse, career stress. He used to take Zoloft for this, but it never helped for very long.
4. At what time of the day or night is the CC the
worst? Specify an hour if you can.
5. What symptoms can you identify that accompany
the CC (whether directly related or not; for example, headache with nausea; or menstrual cramps with diarrhea; a cold with irritability and anger)?
Irritability, short temper, diarrhea, headache.
6. Environment: With regard to the seasons, weather, outdoor temperature, indoor temperature, drafts, air quality, airconditioning, ocean air, mountain air, humidity, the sun/rain/thunderstorms/clouds/fog, etc.: what environmental factors give you comfort and relief, and which ones cause discomfort and distress? Try to give examples.
Year round, doesnt seem to change during different seasons.
7. What position is most uncomfortable for you?
8. a)Do you tend to be chilly or warm? Are there parts of your body that are colder or warmer than the rest of you? Is there a special time of day or night when they are colder or warmer? b) Do you perspire a great deal? If so, when? And where on the body? (feet, head, hair, chest, armpits, etc) Does it leave a stain of a particular color? Is there a particular odor?
Have acquired athletes foot, hands seem particulary warm at times.
9. Describe what your tongue looks like.
10. What do you worry about? How do you deal with
He worries about the future of our family, his ability to keep working to his full capacity and not screwing things up.
11. How do you keep your house/your desk/your room/your study/your bathroom?
Not so tidy.
12. How easily do you cry? In what situations?
He does not cry, even when his mother died. Mournful, but not weepy.
13. When you are upset, what do you do to help yourself feel better?
Watch tv for distraction.
14. What makes you angry? What do you do when you're angry?
When someone contradicts him or accuses him of something. However, lately the short temper doesn't seem to ask much of anything in order to get angry.
15. Do you have an emotion that predominates; such as anger, depression, irritability, anxiety, jealousy, joy...or possibly two emotions that tend to alternate predictably?
Depression, Anxiety, Hopelessness.
16. What fears do you have?
17. What have been the most difficult circumstances in your life? How did you cope?
Mother passing away, losing many jobs.
18. What are the greatest joys you have had in
Wife and the birth of our two kids.
19. What was your childhood like?
Poor, single mother, ran away from home, to another state even.
20. What bothers you most in other people? How,
if at all, do you express it?
People who build themselves up to be more than what they are.
21. What causes the most problems in your relationships?
Lack of communication.
22. Do you have any recurring dreams? What are they about?
23. What would you need to feel happy?
Good health, stable career, family to be secure and happy.
24. What do you do for work? Ideally, what would
you like to do?
Anything that is stable and worth his time, paywise.
25. If you were made President for a day, what would you change?
A corrupt government.
26. When people have criticized you, what were they complaining about? Similarly, when people have praised you, what did you receive praise for?
They critisize for lack of motivation, settling. He has has been praised for stepping up to the plate and taking care of his family.
27. What would you like to change most about
Motivation and goal planning.
28. How do you feel before, during and after
meals? How do you feel if you go without a
Tired after meals, do not feel anything out of the ordinary if I skip meals.
29. What would you most like to eat (if you did
not have to consider calories, fat, anything
you've read about the right way to eat)?
Taco Bell, Mexican Food.
30. What foods do you dislike and refuse to eat?
What foods do you react badly to, and in what
Olives, Tomato';s not alot of things he dont like. He does however have problems with acidic foods.
31. How much do you drink in a day? Include
sodas, juice, coffee, tea, milk, and
alcoholic beverages as well as water. How
thirsty do you tend to get? What temperature would you like your drinks to be?
Coffe, Mountain Dew, Energy drinks. Most of the day.
32. How is your sleep?
Do not get alot of sleep due to two jobs.
33. Do you do anything during sleep? (speak,
laugh, shriek, toss about, grind your teeth, drool, snore, walk, talk, etc.)
Snore, drool, and talk at times.
34. Do you have trouble falling asleep? What keeps you awake? Do you wake always at a certain time? What causes you to wake up? What position do you sleep in?
Mostly on back. No problems once asleep. No sleep disorders.
40. What medications are you taking at present?
41. How frequently do you get colds and flus?
1 or 2 times a year
42. Have you had any childhood illnesses twice,
or in a very severe form, or after puberty?
Monolucleosis at 16.
43. Have you had any vaccinations since the
standard childhood ones? Have you ever had an
adverse or unusual reaction to a vaccination?
44. Have you had any surgery? What and when?
45. Have you had at any time (mention year):
warts, cysts, Polyps, or tumors? Where were they located? How were they treated?
46. Do you tend to have any discharges (nasal,
vaginal, etc.)? What is the color, consistency?
47. a) Do you tend to need a smaller dose of
medications than most other people?
b) Do you need less anaesthesia than others,
or have a hard time coming out of it?
c) Do you tend to react to vitamins and herbs
and/or need hypoallergenic vitamins?
d) Are you sensitive to paint fumes, exhuast,
dry cleaning fluid, fragrances etc.?
48. Family history: Mention diseases, causes
and ages of deaths of father, mother,
sisters, brothers and grandparents on both
Mother died in 2001, from mitral valve prolapse, father died in 1999, cause unknown.
49. Construct a time line: Mention from birth
on to the present day, all IMPORTANT events
(emotional and physical traumas,
heartbreaks, divorces, work-related events,
diseases or traumas your mother had while
being pregnant with you, family stress,
death in the family or of friends,
disappointment, etc.) Mention the symptoms
experienced at those moments or which you
can date to those traumas.
I married in 1997.
My kids were born born in 1995 and 1997.
My mother passed away in 2001.
My wife was diagnosed with Chiari Malformation and Syringmyelia in 2003, and Sleep Apnea in 2007.
50. When you stand in line at the bank or supermarket, how do you feel?
No strong feelings.
52. How is your sexual energy?
53. How do you react to consolation.
54. What part of your life do you have the most difficulty coping with.
My motivation level.
55. What are your hobbies?
books, tv, model building.
SuzeeQ305 on 2008-03-04
The dose should be taken in the afternoon and at bed time in the night.
Don't take onion, garlic in raw form. Similarly no perfumes during the treatment period.
♡ kadwa last decade
SuzeeQ305 last decade
♡ kadwa last decade
SuzeeQ305 last decade
vikas_grower last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.