Anxiety and panic attack with HBPHello, I do need help with my problem. I have filled out the questionarie that you ask for from most of the people.
Patient ID: AnnaD
Nature of work: Habits: I work as an estate agent in Spain and spend quite a lot of time on the computer.
1. Describe your main suffering? My biggest problem are panic and anxiety attacks. They come on suddenly and are very intense. Always when this episode happens I start to worry a lot and hype myself up, which then makes my BP to shoot up to 160/100 and it takes a while to calm myself down. My normal BP is around 114/69.
This problem has started about 5 months ago when one day I took my BP reading and I found out that it was high. Naturally, I started to worry quite a lot about my health and have been frightened of having another stroke. I suffer from hereditory hypercoagulation disorder and 4 years ago I had an ischemic stroke. Now I worry all the time that I will have another stroke, which will leave me paralysed.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
When my BP goes up I get a headache.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
I keep thinking about what I will do if I have a stroke, where is the nearest hospital, what will my husband and family do.....
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
I just expect to faint, my head is spinning, I want to cry and have problem breathing.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
5 month ago after coming back from Christmas
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
In the afternoon between 16-18.00h and in the evening around 21.00h, sometimes I wake up suddenly at 3 am.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
better - I lie down and close my eyes
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
It comes on suddenly when I am alone or with people having a good time.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
I have always been very active, happy and sociable person. I have got strong opinions and I can go off quite easy. For the last 3 year I had a lot of strees and problems with our business and finances.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
restlesness, rubbing my hands, shaking legs
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
My family and friends are fine, I am in love with my husband and we have very harmonic relationship, we understand each other well.
Because of the hypercoagulation problem, I am not sure if I can have kids and my husband would like to have them. He is not putting any pressure on me, but I still worry.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
being paralysed in vegetative state
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
no speacial cravings
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
very thirsty all the time
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
not very hungry
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
I normally do not sweat a lot, but when I get panic attack my hands are sw
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
I sleep 8 hours a day, but do not feel very refreshed. Now I get tired quickly and need an 1 hour nap in the afternoon.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
no odd symptoms
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
I do not take many medication as I preffer natural remedies. I have been drinking green tea and taking natokinasse suplement for blood clotting.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
liver problem, hbp
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
I am 170 cm tall, weight 54kg, I look slim and athletic, medium lenght hair with poor quality (now brittle). When I was taking warfarin my hair was falling out and never grew back fully.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
every 30 days, light flow, first day stomach pains
25. Have you had another illnesses in you life? What and when (from past to present)
I hope this has answered most of the questions. Thanks in advance!
AnnaD on 2008-06-12
I suggest you as follows:
Arsenicum Alb(200 when you feel anxity attack only)
Crataegus-Q (10 drops for deaily at empty stomach morning normally and during Hypertention attach thrice/4 times a day and report after month.
♡ Mahfoozurrehman last decade
♡ Albert last decade
AnnaD last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.