Hepatitis and GoutCASE SUMMARY OF THE PATIENT:
i am 35 yr old, an allopathic doctor.i was always a physically weak and shy child. No interest in physical activities and out door games but keen to play indoor games and reading storybooks. Had prolonged fever (Typhoid?) at age of 8 yrs recovered in two wks but after that never attained good health. In childhood had recurrent headaches especially after traveling and in cold wind. Recurrent headaches continued but became better at the age of 20. Enjoyed relatively good health from 20 to 27 yrs. Got married at the age of 27. Then came to know of sexual problems: premature ejaculations and some time penis going relaxed in between of intercourse.
At age of 30 developed extreme lethargy, weakness, excessive sleep, depression, headaches, retrosternal burning pain, flatulence, excessive body heat (Skin hot all over body but body temp normal on thermometer) and pain right hypochondrium. Then diagnosed as a case of Hepatitis-C. Consulted an allopathic doctor (who was studying homeopathy on his own). On his advice took LYCOPODIUM-200 (Schwabe) five drops in 5-10 ml water DAILY. It caused tremendous improvement in almost all symptoms. However after 3-4 months effects vanished. In 2005 underwent liver biopsy and had a 6 months course of INTERFERON+RIBAVIRIN therapy. On completion of therapy symptoms improved remarkably but within few months they came back. Now consulted a well-reputed homeopathic doc who prescribed some medicine with variable results. According to him he used LYC and PHOS on different occasions. Continued this treatment for about one and half year. During past one year used a number of medicines including CHEL, LYC, PHOS, SULPH, BRY. i noticed that whenever i use LYC it gave me quick relief from symptoms but unfortunately that never lasts long. Presently i have following symptoms:
1. Extreme lethargy starting from morning and comes to peak in afternoon. Becomes sleepy after lunch and feels little better after taking a nap. Energy level remains low to an extent that sometime he even doesnt want to move his hands or change posture.
2. Sexual problems persist like premature ejaculation and some time impotence. Sometimes penis relaxes in between of intercourse. Also decreased sexual desire and weakness after coitus.
3. Dull aching pain at right hypochondrium radiating to right shoulder and back between two scapulae.
4. Recurrent headaches especially after little mental exertion, travel, haircut. i feel severe headache if miss meal. Its like a pressure band around head and sometimes unilateral throbbing headache relieved after taking analgesics.
5. Burning of and swelling of margins of eyelids which become unbearable in sunlight.
6. Infrequent but severe episodes of gouty arthritis mostly affecting big toes right or left or the hind foot joints. Episodes usually starting around 11pm and worse around 4 am. Affected joint becoming red hot and swollen and pain becoming unbearable extending towards knee and even whole leg. These episodes started at the age of 30 yrs. During attack get some relief by putting the affected foot in cold water or by injection diclofenac.
It is very evident from the above case summary that i have used a number of remedies injudiciously and ill advisedly. Case needs urgent attention of some good homeopathic physician on the forum. kindly help me. how to antidote the overdosage of remedies and get some good and immediate releif. thanx
Doctor Humayun on 2008-09-12
would u like answer me some question.do u have a brown or black spot on ur chest.do u feeling travling pains in ur body.do u feel nousia.do u feel gastric or fullness after eating.acidity.condition of sleep.do u feeling relex in ur pains with pressing effected part.do u like sweats.do u feeling pain in ur legs especially at night.
dr pervaz last decade
1. do u have a brown or black spot on ur chestNO SIR
2. do u feeling travling pains in ur body.YES
3. do u feel nousia.NO
4. do u feel gastric or fullness after eating.YES LOTS OF BUT QUITE RELEIVED SINCE I HAVE STARTED LYC
5. condition of sleep.OH YES I AM SLEEPY ALL THE TIME YET NOT TOO FRESH IN MORNING
6. do u feeling relex in ur pains with pressing effected part.YES
7. do u like sweats.NOT MUCH
8. do u feeling pain in ur legs especially at night.YES VERY OFTEN
will wait for ur response. thanx once again
Doctor Humayun last decade
Doctor Humayun last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.