sudden eczema outbreakhello,
several months ago, i began to notice a small dry patch on the back of my right calf. a similar patch eventually appeared on my left calf. they both turned red and grew bigger, and i now have a full case of what i've learned is eczema. the back of my left knee is fully covered with red, dry itchy skin, as is the back of my right calf, and i'm beginning to notice small spots of dry skin on my upper thighs. i'm 25 years old, and i never had eczema as a child. i was told by my mother that it doesn;t run in the family. i cut out whea, sugar and dairy from my diet for several weeks, but it had no effect on my skin. i've read that the causes of eczema are varied and often ambiguous. i have no idea why i've had this sudden outbreak that only seems to be getting worse.
last month, i tried a 30C dosage of sulfur 3 times a day for 4 days, but it made my skin itch more so i stopped. for lack of any idea what else to try, i took 30C sulfur 3 times yesterday, and i woke up this morning with a headache. i'm not sure if i should continue with sulfur or is i should switch to something else. any advice you have would be much appreciated.
zununusu on 2009-12-30
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis your remedy may be worked out.
♥ kadwa 9 years ago
1. Describe your main suffering?
large red, scaly patches of itchy skin behind left knee and on the back of right calf.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
frequent intestinal bloating and gas (an ailment that i've always had that comes and goes)
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
annoyance at eczema and consequent inability to wear shorts or skirts; insecurity about the constant problems my body seems to give
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
i feel ashamed of my blotchy red skin and my bloating and gas; i feel undesirable and somehow dirty
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
the eczema started this past may; i've never had it before, and i do not suffer from allergies or asthma; my skin tends towards pimples, but otherwise has not given me problems in the past
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
early morning and late night; sometimes after a long walk if pants rub too much against skin
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
if i eat too much sugar, wheat, msg or eggs, the itching gets much worse, so i have been avoiding these foods; dry weather also makes the eczema harden and itch more
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
the eczema definitely worsens in the week before and during my period, as well as during travel and sleeping away from home
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
i feel better during hot and humid weather.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
i am calm, prone to depression, quiet, lazy, argumentative and introspective
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
i feel good during thunderstorms.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
yes i do.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
i am sensitive to smell but very tolerant of noise and light.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
i used to bite my nails when i was younger and now i bite the inside of my left cheek, and i pick at the dry skin on my scalp.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
i am single, and am quite in need of a relationship. i love my friends and my parents.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
i fear failure in my artistic endeavors (as im a musician), inability to make money (as im a musican), and permanent celibacy. i recently have been dreaming about my father. he died last year, and i think i mourn him in my dreams so that i can go on with life during the day.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
i crave cereal, fruits, oily fish, sourness, chocolate, salty chips and peanut butter.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
less. i am not often thirsty. i have to remind myself to drink.
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
normal, though i sometimes overeat to comfort myself.
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
mayonnaise, eggs, oysters, red meat
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
my bowel movement is mostly regular despite bloating and gas. i am rarely constipated and sometimes have loose stool.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
i sleep well and usually on my stomach or side.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
no i am not.
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
i am a foreigner living in america. i am between several cultures. i am more reserved about my body and sexuality than most american women that surround me.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
i took sulfur 30c for several days and it didn't help. otherwise, i've been applying neem and sesame oil on my skin, drinking some burduck root tea, and taking daily fish and evening primrose oil supplements.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
diabetes and heart disease on my mother's side, low-level depression on my father's side.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
i am dark haired with fair skin. i am hirsute with small breasts and full thighs. i have curly hair and brown eyes.
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
If you are not having normal menstrual cycles, please answer the following questions:
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
my periods are often late and last for 3-4 days
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
i experience a dark and tearful mood the week before and significant cramps on the second day of flow
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
thick bright red
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
there are occasional clots, but not many.
zununusu 9 years ago
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 4 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 3-4 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
♥ kadwa 9 years ago
Monday, Jan 4th:
First dose taken at 11:20 am. By noon, I feel fine, albeit somewhat emotional and tearful. Alternately feel giggly and excitable. At 2 pm, I feel nothing new. At 10 pm, I itch the back of my left knee and the dry skin comes off easily; it is much more moist and sticky than usual underneath. Less itching when I go to bed.
Tuesday, Jan 5th:
A little bit less itchy than usual when I wake up. First dose taken at noon. No changes in mood. Eczema patches are quite dry and medium red color. Still sticky under dry skin if I scratch. Feeling giggly in the evening; a little unhinged. Nervous laughter and shakiness in my chest, like an odd kind of euphoria. Stickiness is the main change so far.
Wednesday, Jan 6th:
Itch the back of my left knee; a good amount of sticky discharge. All patches are very red, some more dry than others. Nothing seems to have changed. In fact, a few new patches have emerged. Less itchiness overall, but after morning scratching, back of left knee feels sore like it is wounded. Has not felt this way before.
Thursday, Jan 7th:
Three new small red patches appear around right knee eczema. Back of left knee is still sore, red and very hard and dry. Some small scabs have formed around edges. Altogether less itchiness, but eczema seems to be either staying the same or increasing.
zununusu 9 years ago
kali sulph 6x
natrum mur 6x
natrum sulph 6x
All three salts may be taken at a time.
Please don't take any other homeo remedies during the same period.
♥ kadwa 9 years ago
zununusu 9 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.