anxiety in 11 year oldMy daughter is 11 and suffers from what I think is anxiety issues. She has trouble sleeping at night, usually waking up somewhere after midnight. She says she feels nervous but doesn't know why. She is experiencing some delusional thoughts. She trys to tell me everything she is feeling but I do not know how to help her. It is like she is just unable to control the anxiety. A little over a year ago, she had an allergic reaction to Singulair. That is the first time she had any of this symptoms. She was placed on Nasonex a couple of months ago and now is suddenly having these symptoms again. I am scared to give her anything. I am not going to give her the nasonex anymore. I am looking something that she can possibly take as needed to help with the anxiety. I have been looking at arsenicum album but I was unsure if this was the right fit for her. Please help!
thompson8674 on 2010-04-07
Can you please give the following information in respect of your daughter.
1.whether she prefers warm surroundings ie whether she likes to be covered or she prefers cold surroundings and open air.
2.whether she has a mild disposition or an irritable diposition. How is her attitude towards her friends and relatives?
3.What other physical problems, if any does she have.
4.At what time she feels better and at what time does she feel worse like in the morning, evening, late night etc.
5.What do you think is the causative factor for starting her problems.
6.How is her thirst for cold drinks, hot drinks and water?
7.How is the bowel movement? Normal, constipated or loose.
8.Whether the child prefers to move around or prefers to keep still.
♡ kadwa last decade
As to your other questions...
1. She is very cold natured. She always likes to have a jacket with her. She has to sleep under her sheet and comforter regardless of the temperature. She is happiest with warm weather arrives.
2. She typically has a very mild disposition. She tends to be shy and somewhat quiet unless she knows you. She has not had any problem making friends at school but tends to like to hang around with one person at a time.
3. She has no other physical problems except for a history of bladder reflux when she was 3 years old. She does have the symptoms now of a UTI and my mom purchased a home testing kit to try today to see if she needs treatment for a UTI. She constantly complains of 'dribbling'. This was what the problem was when she was 3 years old.
4. First thing in the morning and evening to late night are the worst. During the day she is able to do other things and tends not to think about it as much.
5. I am unsure what started this episode. She has only been like this once before and that was 16 months ago when she was started on Singulair for seasonal allergies and we believe it was a reaction to the medication. She was recently started on Nasonex and Claritin for seasonal allergies. She has been on both for about a month so I am wondering if this could have triggered everything.
6. She normally likes cold drinks. She does not drink much at all and I have to get on her about this.
7. Her bowel movements are normal. She did have a spell of diarrhea about 2 weeks ago but we felt that was a virus that was going around.
8. She prefers to be moving around. She is very active and loves to be out doors. She has never been one for sitting still.
I hope this helps you understand her a little better. She is normally a very sweet child. We are very close She has always been closer with me and my mother than others but she does have a very good relationship with her Dad and other family members. She is not always like she is now. This happend 16 months ago and then again suddenly this past Monday. In between that time she has been great.
thompson8674 last decade
If the problems persists after 7 days please give her a single dose of Hyoscyamus 200c for only one day (not daily) and report back 7 days thereafter.
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 3 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 2 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
♡ kadwa last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.