Chronic Atopic Dermatitis for a 7 yeard old boyHi,
My son (7 years old) has been having atopic dermatitis for last 5 years so. For last 3.5 years, it is getting worse every year. In my wife's family, there are breathing disorders. In my family, we have stomach disorders.My wife has also allergic bronchititis but it is under great control after she took homeopathy treatment. For my son, we have tried allopathy, Ayurveda and Homeopathy. Nothing has helped him till now. His condition has been going from bad to worse and nobody is able to control it till now. Bad areas for him are legs (knees, upper legs, crotch area, genital area), hands (joints area), front of neck and little bit on face too. He has undergone hopmeopathic treatment from 3 doctors for last 3 years. Nothing has helped till now.
Earlier he will be itching many times in night. He will wake up many times in night every 2-3 hours. He gets very sound sleep only in early morning like after 6:00 am. Also if he sleeps in day time or in evening for 1/2 hour, he always starts itching. On weekends, he sleeps well till late hours like 10:00 am or 11:00 am. By nature, he get irritated easily and cries for very trivial things. He is now psychologically affected as he often says that why only he has this itching and not other kids. He has been now put on following medicines:
Now we have come to Doctor number 4. After some 2 weeks of trial, now following medication seems to have helped him a little bit as itching has come down. He has been able to sleep slightly better now.
Apis Mel 30 x
Ars Alb 30 x
Rhust tox 30 x
urtica urens 30 x
in 10 % v/v
It appears to me that these medicines are highly strong. Would like to know whether these are suitable.
Any suggestions on improving my son's condition will be highly appreciated.
Age: 7 years+
Body Type: Thin
Height: ~ 4 feets
Weight: 22 Kgs
Have you used homeopathic medicines before? If so what, and what homeopathic potencies did you use?
in 10 % v/v
1. Describe your main suffering?
-- Atopic Dermatitis
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
-- Itching mostly in legs and genital areas. Had Wheezing 2 times in a space of 1 month 3 months back.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
--> Why only I have this itching. All other kids don't have any such problem. They make fun of me.
I can not eat lot of stuff which I like.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
--> many times, too much of itching creates wounds and they create burnong sensation.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
- It started when he was 1.5 years old. At that time, it was less and limited to only some parts of legs.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time,
temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
-- Temperature, night around 12:00 am, 4:00 pm
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal
biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
-- When in extereme cold climate, it was much less
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
--> Cold weather
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious,
Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
-- Moody, nervous, easily offended, irritating
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
-- Does not like noise and light (esp in night)
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
--> Don't know
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
--> Don't know
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
-- Bread, bakery items, sweets
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
-- > Bowel movement is not regular as it gets cleaned once in 3 days.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
--> Sleep is not good due to itching. Every 2-3 hours, he wakes up.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
--> Needs some company to play or do things.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom
surfacing after the medication?
Allopathic- Prednisolone 3-4 times for 2 weeks every time along with Anti-biotic and anti-allergic.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
--> Breathing disorders, gastriatic problems
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
--> Frequent upper respiratory infections (cold/cough) since birth. Eye lid droop 2 years back. It fluctuated over 9 month. Gone automatically.
njain1 on 2011-01-10
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.