Hypothyroidism Case request helpDear Doctors
I am writing to seek your help on my condition of hypothyroidism. i have been prescribed Thyronorm for lifetime, 200 mcg at present. I want to get rid of this medicine and hence seeking your help. I am using the format from a previous post to provide the case details.
Thanks for your help and time.
Nature of work: Banking
Habits: No smoking, No Drinking, Craving Non-Veg, Medium physical activity (3 days a week)
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
- Dry Mouth, Dry lips
- Excessive thirst
- Bowels incomplete and unsatisfactory.
- Dark Circles around eyes
- Warts on face, armpits and thighs
- Skin inside nostrils feels raw as if bruised, sensitive to touch (Occassionally)
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
- Loosing hair (reduced after taking thyronorm)
- Over weight 97 kgs for 5 feet 6 inch height.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
- Frets over the past over trivial issues
- Paranoid (occassionally)
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
- Mind feels heavy
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
I think it started about 3 years ago. I am not able to connect it to any disease.
I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 6 months ago and and prescribed 100 mcg Thyronorm. I did not get any relief after 3 months. Visited another doctor who increased the dose to 200 mcg.
I got considerable relief now but at night the thirst and dryness of mouth and lips increases.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
5 pm to 6 am.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
Excessive heat aggravates
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- A bit Lazy
- Not sticking to one thing and exploring and fantasizing to achieve multpile goals at the same time.
- Sometimes feel paranoid. fear of death
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
Yes. by people close to me
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- Nail biting but consciously
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
- i am happy with my family, and wife andi enjoy these relationships.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
- Fear of future and how I will end up
- Sometimes I wake up to drink water due to dryness of mouth. Then I try to get the same dream again
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
- Craving for salty, non-veg food
- Mad about sweets
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
- Feels good if I have a coconut or two
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Excessive - always tend to overeat
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Sometimes constipated. Stool is always broken into pieces. Bowels are incomplete and unsatisfactory most of the times.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
Wakes once after 5 hours of sleep and then once every hour till I wake up. I wake up in between to drink water.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
Father - Heart disease, Hypothyroidism
Mother - hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
Golden brown color, roundish face, wide shoulders, over weight, protruding belly
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
rjmalhotra on 2011-02-06
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.