Insomnia, itch, worries and depressionI asked my mother to fill out this form as she suffers from insomnia, exhaustion, dry itchy skin, weak digestion, worrying and morning depression. What would be a the best homeopathic remedy for her?
Thank you very much for your advice,
Patient ID: Sex: Age:
Female 73 years
1. Describe your main suffering?
Not being able to sleep before 3 PM due to mental and physical unrest. No appetite, weak digestion. Dry and itchy skin off and on, especially at night when skin becomes warm. Feeling exhausted, feeling as if heart is not strong enough. General weakness. Morning depression.
Over-sensitivity to noises and sound and flickering TV images, touch etc.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Stiff shoulders, weakness in the lower back - therefor not being able to sit straight up in meditations - hearing loss, vision becoming less,
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Depression, tendency to cry when I speak about it. Always I have worries and social anxiety. Always feeling guilty that I have not done well enough to help others.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
Depression because the physical weakness is a handicap for my goals in life, gaining enlightenment, contribution to work for humanity, wanting to stay alife for the sake of my daughter.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
Always had anxiety and and worries. Sleeplessness started about 10 years ago and is growing worse. I can not trace it to anything specific.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
Morning time - very depressed, night time - no sleeping.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Too heavy food makes not sleeping worse, social interactions in bigger groups and traveling makes mental unrest and sleeplessness more.
A very small amount of coffee or tea I take in the morning lifts morning-depression. Being at home in a quiet atmosphere without visitors feels the best. Sometimes a quiet outing with a few nice friends is also uplifting.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
Yes I am over sensitive to external stimuli like sound, bright lights, moving fast (like being in a car on a highway), many people talking.
Menses have long time been gone (73 year old)
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Not feeling good in any extreme weather - too hot, too cold. Feels best in moderate weather with some humidity.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Very quiet, observing type, introvert, too much thinking, worrying, hard worker for idealistic purposes - always want to do something for humanity, sharp intelligence, worrying nature, guilt feelings, compassioned, giving.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
I like the outbreak of it, the release of tension in the atmosfere.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
I like to know someone is there who cares, but not too close fysically. I solve the problem from inside.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
Yes very much so.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
I love all of them very much and feel very responsable for their wellbeing. (husband deceased 2 years ago)
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
I have been able to grow over most fears (wisdom of old age?) Some anxiety about being accepted by others remains.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Crave green tea with milk and sugar, aversion to saltless diet and dull tasting food.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
Too fatty food
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Every day, normal
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
I do not sleep well at all. Sleeping on the side or on the back.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
I had a good and happy marriage for 50 years.
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
More shy and withdrawn, also very vulnerable to criticism.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
Depression (grandfather, father and brothers). Mothers side okay.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
Normal hight, normal weight, thin white hair,
Can someone help my dear mother?
Thank you very much!
Helen23 on 2012-01-24
1. Sulphur-30 6 pills 2 times every day.
2. Aspen+Mimulus (Both mother tincture) (4+4) drops
in 2 teaspoonful water every day.
Keep 30-40 minutes distance between 1 and 2
Pl give feedback after 15 days
shouse_nsk last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.