Hormonal Acne?For 10 years, I start breaking out about 3 days before my period. I have tried several over-the-counter products with very little success.
1) and 2). I use to get painful nodular acne that doesn't come to a head and inflamed acne that does come to a head in the t-zone region and on my chin.I would get this type of acne all month long, but the intensity would increase substantially 3 days before my period. (I also had big blackheads on my nose, but these never seemed to be affected by my cycle.) However, since I switched from salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide products to a more natural face wash regimen, I no longer get the nodular acne, inflamed zits, and blackheads around my t-zone area. However, I still break out horribly beginning 3 days before my period. I now get lots of small bumpy zits on my cheeks, forehead,temples, and chin. This breakout begins to clear up around my 2nd day of my period. The breakout leaves red marks on my skin that take months to clear up.
I now wash my face with manuka honey 16+, apply a herbal toner mix that predominantly contains witch hazel, and then rub an oil mix of 80% jojoba oil and 20% tea tree oil. This regimen has been the only thing I've tried that completely gets rid of acne flare ups for me, EXCEPT when it is 3 days before my period.
3). The acne first started off when I was about 15 years old (I am now 25 years old).
4). It is worse beginning 3 days before my period and subsides after 2 days during my period.
6). I sometimes have trouble sleeping because of high anxiety. When this happens, I take 500 mg of Ashwagandha and drink Chamomile tea to help me fall asleep.
7). I am sensitive to criticism and cold weather.
8). State of Mind: I have high anxiety. I care too much about how other people perceive me.
9). I have desires for dairy foods and for fruits. Dairy products always make me feel good and are a stress reliever.I try to avoid egg products, because they lead to a fatigue and a depressed mood. I found from a blood test, I am sensitive to egg products. I was diagnosed before with major depression, but since I've tried to avoid egg products, I do not get chronic fatigue anymore.
10). Major diseases suffered in past:
Major Depression (No longer a problem since I've tried avoiding egg products).
Chronic Depression (No longer a problem since I've tried avoiding egg products).
Acid Reflux (I had acid reflux since I was born and up until age 13. I had to always eat slow, sleep elevated, avoid greasy foods, and I would get bad stomach aches and vomit once a week. Since medication, I no longer have this problem.
11). I had reactions to anti-depressants in the past. I could never take them (but now don't need to). I would get a stabbing pain in my back . It felt as if I was experiencing esophagus pain oddly in the back instead of in the front of my body. I would also start producing a lot of saliva in my mouth. These symptoms occurred 10 mins after I took an anti-depressant. My doctors weren't sure what I was experiencing.
12). History of homeopathic treatment:
I take 500 mg Ashwagandha as needed at night for anxiety/stress.
My doctor suggested I take rhodiola rosea (for anxiety) every day. I plan to start taking it next month.
13). No other symptoms.
sophiek on 2012-08-01
1) State your Age -Sex -Height-Weight-Job-Location?
2) Explain in details the chief complaints?
3) What is the duration of illness?
4) If you have Thyroid functioning complications, please explain?
5) If you have blood sugar, do mention the clinical details?
6) Do you have digestion problem? Explain in details.
7) Do you face any problem in bowl movement? Any constipation symptoms?
8) Do you feel thirsty? How many glasses of water you drink every day?
9) Do you feel good in warm or cold or humid climate? Which climate aggravates your problem?
10) Do you have any stress? Explain in details.
11) Do you get normal sound sleep?
12) Explain in detail about your mood?
13) Any problem with you periods? (For females)
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
14) Any past health history for which you would like to share the information?
15) List all the medicine used / using for past / present health complaints?
16) Do you exercise daily? Or any other physical activity.
17) What is your Cholesterol level?
18) What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
19) How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
20) Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
21) How much is your present blood pressure?
22) Please give details about your food intake (breakfast-lunch-dinner)?
Note the following when using my email id during the progress of treatment:
1) In situation were in you are not comfortable discussing some of the symptoms on open forum.
2) In situation were in you are not comfortable to upload image on open forum.
Getting all the symptoms at the time of evaluation is the soul purpose of this note which will give tangible benefits to the patients health treatment, which will be carried out on this forum. Dont forget to give your feed back on this link: http://www.abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/285783/
♥ Nikkie 7 years ago
See if your symptoms match pulsatilla.
SorabhSharma 7 years ago
1. Age: 25. Sex: Female. Height: 5 ft 6.5in. Weight: 100 lbs*. Job: Full-Time Civil Engineering Student. I graduate at the end of this month. Looking for a job. Just recently quit my job as a server/bartender.
Location: Kentucky, US.
*I have always been underweight. I was born premature because I am twin. Gaining weight has always been a struggle for me, no matter how much I eat.
2). My chief complaints are several acne flare-ups that occur 3 days before my period. They are inflamed, small, and bumpy. The inflammation subsides after 2 days within my period, but the acne leaves red marks. The acne covers the majority of my face: forehead, between eyebrows, temples, cheeks, and chin.
3). The duration of the acne is 5 days every month.
4). I've recently had my thyroid check. No complications.
5). No high blood sugar
6). No digestion problems.
7). I sometimes face constipation symptoms.
However, on the first heavy day of my period I get loose stools.
8). I do not feel thirsty often. I am not sure how many glasses a day I drink, but I know that I do NOT drink enough water in a day. I have been trying recently to change this. Not drinking enough water is a bad habit of mine.
9). I feel good in a warm climate. My mood and skin is aggravated by a cold climate.
10). Yes, I have stress. I am a full time student trying to pay for college without help from family. I am constantly stressed about paying bills and maintaining a good GPA at the same time.
11). I get normal sound sleep. Sometimes when anxiety prevents me from sound sleep, I take 500 mg Ashwagandha and drink Chamomile tea and then I get very sound sleep.
12). My mood is dominated by anxiety. I am not afraid of large groups of people in general. I am fearful of large groups of acquaintances and even family. I worry too much about how they perceive me. If someone snaps at me, I think about it all day. I dwell over past mistakes that I have made.
13). My periods are regular (never late or early).
They last about 7 days.
I do not suffer physical discomfort.
I suffer mental discomfort before and during the beginning of my period. My mood is depressed and emotional then.
My flow is very excessive the first two days. From talking to other women, I feel as if my flow during the first two days is heavier than most women's heavy days. On the third through fourth day my flow is normal. But on the fourth night, my flow completely stops. My flow then comes back around late afternoon on the fifth day and is then very very light. I then continue to spot for a couple/few more days.
The blood is thick, dark red. There are clots in the blood.
15). I currently do not take any medications.
Anti-Depressants I have taken in the past: Zoloft, Citalopram, Prozac, Lexapro, and Cymbalta. I had the same bad side effects with all of them I described in the previous post. Since avoiding eggs, I no longer have the chronic fatigue that contributed to guilt and to a depressed mood; and thus, no longer have a need for anti-depressants.
I am currently not on birth control, but I have scheduled an appointment to start again.
I have taken Desogen for birth control in the past with no major complications. However, I am off of it now because my university health plan switched me to the generic and the generic version upset my stomach. I then tried Nuva Ring which made me have a irritable mood. Then I tried taking generic Ortho Tri Cyclen, but I vomited for 24 hours within the first week when on it, so I stopped taking it.
When I was 12 years old I took prescription-grade Zantac, which cured my acid-reflux disease.
16). I do NOT exercise daily. I exercise rarely.
17). I have LDL cholesterol (over 100). I have high HDL cholesterol since I changed my diet to help with the high LDL cholesterol. However, my LDL cholesterol is still high. High LDL cholesterol runs in my family on both sides.
18). I crave dairy food products (yogurt, cheese, milk, ice cream). My aversions are any type of nut and mushrooms.
19). I eat a lot for my weight category.
20). My sweat is normal. I sweat more at my limbs in general. If really hot weather , then I sweat more at trunk.
21). I am not sure what my present blood pressure number is, but I know from my last checkup that by blood pressure is normal. My blood pressure has always been normal.
22). I eat oatmeal, or whole grain cereal, or greek yogurt and fruit for breakfast. I drink green tea every day at breakfast.
The type of foods I eat for lunch and dinner vary constantly. I like to eat different foods every week. I eat mostly whole grain carbohydrates. I cook a lot of whole grain pasta dishes. I eat a variety of meats (chicken, turkey, salmon, pork, tuna, and beef). I like to cook with onions, garlic, and olive oil. I make sure to eat a lot vegetables during dinner. I change the types of vegetables I eat every week. I drink skim milk everyday for dinner.
I snack on dairy products and dried fruit and fresh fruit: cheese, low-fat greek yogurt, ice cream, dried dates, dried cherries, dried figs, dried cranberries, fresh raspberries, fresh blueberries, fresh apples, fresh strawberries, and bananas.
I also snack on whole grain pita bread and hummus.
I tend to eat a lot of smaller portions throughout the day then just a couple big meals. On busy days, I switch to eating huge portions and less meals.
sophiek 7 years ago
Please get hold of following medicines in liquid dilution:
Day 1) Nux Vomica 200.
Take two doses of Nux Vomica 200 in a day. First dose should be taken early morning empty stomach, second before going to bed. Thats all no more doses.
Day 2 to Day 8)Pulsatilla 30.
Take two doses of Pulsatilla 30 in a day. First dose should be taken early morning empty stomach, second before going to bed. You will continue for seven days.
One dose means.
The medicine is in liquid dilution form. Add 3 drops of medicine in some half cup (Approx. 3 sip) water and stir with spoon. Sip up the content.
Make sure you keep all medicines away from direct sunlight, strong smell, strong heat zone (keep it in a dark cool place away from allopathic medicines). Also make sure the dropper is fitted with the bottle, else use separate dropper for different medicine for making doses, this will avoid unnecessary contamination.
Please follow homeopathy restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, and no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 45 minutes before or after taking medicine and brushing of teeth one hour before or one hour after taking the medicine. These restrictions need to be followed each time you take homeopathy medicines during the treatment.
Please keep me updated.
Blessings & Prayers,
♥ Nikkie 7 years ago
Thank you once again for your time.
For the Nux Vomica, do I take 200C or 200X?
For the Pulsatilla, do I take 30C or 30X? Should I take Pulsatilla Nigricans or Pulsatilla Nuttaliana?
sophiek 7 years ago
♥ Nikkie 7 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.